No announcement yet.

HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugoos UT3 (2GB RAM/8GB ROM) is selling for around $124. Why is this then $200 ??

Comment

Originally posted by optimus975 View Post
      Ugoos UT3 (2GB RAM/8GB ROM) is selling for around $124. Why is this then $200 ??
      Because it's a special made box with 4GB RAM/64GB ROM.
      The 2GB RAM/16GB ROM version costs $130

Comment

It's 180 without shipping ?

Comment

Originally posted by zeevg View Post
          It's 180 without shipping ?

=> "Free Shipping to ..."
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
            Because it's a special made box with 4GB RAM/64GB ROM.
            The 2GB RAM/16GB ROM version costs $130
            ok great...can anyone confirm if the HDMI input can be recorded over an SD card...?

Comment

ok great...can anyone confirm if the HDMI input can be recorded over an SD card...?
              I am sure it could but there is no APP that I know of to do that.

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob

it will become a very promising area if we can do video and image processing with that HDMI input - will open a whole new world of interesting futuristic apps...

Comment

Bob
                  I don't think so (at the moment), because, if I'm not wrong, it seams so, that the video I/O is handle different than gui I/O (which I think you can record with the correct apk like screen capture), but: "if I'm not wrong"
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Bob

Hi Bob,

Please are you able to test HDMI input whether it's a passthrough or overlay (as in Picture-in-Picture) with the Android GUI ?

Thanks,
                    Optimus

Comment

HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

@HPH___Tina, I am really hoping that your developers / engineers keep updating the firmware and look at the after sales market. I have, and I am sure many of us here have been treated bad many vendors from China mainland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

+1

Comment

Re: HPH Android TV BOX RK3288

Originally posted by fmoreira66 View Post
                          Hi Tina, that sample production that you foresee for the end of the month will be which case?
                          a) Without HDMI IN and with HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@60Hz
                          b) With HDMI IN and with HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@30Hz
                          c) With HDMI IN and HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@60Hz (new chip)

Thanks.
                          After analysing these options with Tina via PM, it became clear that option c) With HDMI IN and HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@60Hz (new chip) is not an option in a near future. Maybe in 2015.
                          So I have decided to go with option b) With HDMI IN and with HDMI OUT 2.0 4 K@30Hz that is foreseen to be produced by end of this month.

The specs of the future box are still impressive, among other important features it will have :
                          * 4 Gb of RAM
                          * 32 Gb of ROM
                          * HDMI IN
                          * HDMI OUT 2.0 4K@30HZ
                          * Good UI / Launcher
                          * Finless (Bob) wonderful Sw :-)

Let's wait and hope for the best...

Comment

Hi Bob,

Please are you able to test HDMI input whether it's a passthrough or overlay (as in Picture-in-Picture) with the Android GUI ?

Thanks,
                            Optimus
                            Right now with the HDMI test APP that comes with this box it simply switches the TV to the HDMI in and shows whatever is on HDMI in. No picture in picture or anything like that. It's pretty basic! But realize this is not a OS level thing! Just an APP to change the HDMI output to whatever is coming in on the HDMI IN.

At this time I have no idea what APPs or OS level things could do more with it.

Bob

Comment

maybe they can learn from this android box http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/08/...t-and-hdmi-in/
                              @µ$ł!Ω

Comment

Right now I am putting forth a guess. I believe the HDMI IN is nothing more than a pass-through hardware.

That is you can pass from HDMI IN to your TV from the HDMI output of the box. This maybe for TVs that have one HDMI input or other inputs are used for other things.

Remember the old days when TV's had like one input? Then you got a DVD player and had to pass-through it? I bet this is like this. In other words, it's an HDMI switch if your out of HDMI ports on your TV.

But realize, since it's a pass-through using the HDMI OUT chip, it will be limited by what that OUT chip can do. Provide a HDMI IN that the output chip cannot handle, and your going to be stuck.

That's what I think this HDMI IN is.

Anything else would for sure violate DRM and the HDMI 1.4> or 2.x spec which requires DRM and the inability to capture DRM protected digital transmissions over HDMI.

DO NOT expect a device to allow you to RIP HDMI DRM protected content.... NOT going to happen....

Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X