This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathwalker9 View Post
    But Lexxxus wrote - "my Beelink R89 turns on and logo appears on the TV and on beelink not download. "
    If beelink
    does not load completely - install apk impossible? Right?
    Yes, but are you Lexxxus?
    YOU wrote that it at "my Beelink" not working?
    Are you kidding me
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      Yes, but are you Lexxxus?
      YOU wrote that it at "my Beelink" not working?
      Are you kidding me
      No
      I have beelink.
      Lexxxus also have beelink. (but broken).
      Different boxes - question one
      And i and Lexxxus interested in the question - how to get into recovery mode.
      Thanks for your attention to the problem!

Comment

So that means YOU are not able to use both methods to boot to recovery because a/v doesn't work BUT you are able to boot up to Android so YOU are able to install this app and use it?

For the probem of the beelink by Lexxxus I only know the way via reset at a/v OR try to reflash the device via OTG (worst case via MaskRom Mode)...
        RK3288 Devices
        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
        Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
        Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
        Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

So that means YOU are not able to use both methods to boot to recovery because a/v doesn't work BUT you are able to boot up to Android so YOU are able to install this app and use it?

For the probem of the beelink by Lexxxus I only know the way via reset at a/v OR try to reflash the device via OTG (worst case via MaskRom Mode)...
          Ok! Thanks for answer!
          And only one question. You works for you via reset at a/v? If A/V you can get to recovery mode?

Comment

Apple saves the day

On Oct. 13, I downloaded the latest rom that Oman posted the link to. I changed the name to "update.img" and copied it to my microSD card and rebooted the R89 box. The little green man popped up and started the install. About 75% complete the screen went blank, and then my problems started. Could not get the box into recovery mode using a tooth pick, which I had done many times before.

Next I tried to get it to connect to my windows 7 64bit desktop computer, which I had tried numerous times before without any success. I even purchased a new OTG adaptor to try that, no luck. Tried 3 different OTG adapters, installed, uninstalled the drivers several times, no good.

Now I am getting desperate, can't get into recovery mode, can't connect to my computer, dead in the water. Tried to create a bootable SD card, but that did not work. Searched the web for some magic potion to heal it, but only found one African witch doctor, but he only performs his magic on Amlogic devices. I finally decided I would have to wait until someone created a bootabe SD method for these boxes.

Fast forward to today, I was out doing my errands and stopped in Big Lots. As I was strolling through the electronic isles, and I always do, a bright light shine on an Apple charging/data cable. I picked it up and thought about it, naw, waste of 5 bucks. Put it back down and continued to shop. When I got to the other end of the store, something told me to go back and get it, even though I know it would be a waste of $5 US.

Any way, when I got home, I just set it aside, I was finishing up reformatting, and re-installing my operating system, (Windows 7). That is another story why I reformatted my hard drive and re-installed Windows, but I do give credit to no_spam_for_me for giving me the motivation to reformat.

Anyway, as Windows was doing all of it's updates, just for shits and grins, I plugged in the Apple charger/data cord into my computer USB port and into my R89. When I plugged in the power to the box, I heard that wonderful sound, bin-bong, new device found. Wow, i have never heard that sound while plugging in this box. At this point I installed the drivers and opened the Androidtool release v2.3 and loaded the update.img into that program. I connected my Apple charge/data cable to the R89 box and then depressed the reset button (inside the A/V hole) and held it with a tooth pick as I plugged in the power. Wow, nothing happened, no bing-bong, nothing..... grrrrrrrrrr, maybe my mind was playing tricks on me, this never happened, I was just dreaming it connected to my computer.

So, maybe if I power down the computer and restart it, it will work, NOT, still no bing-bong, you have a new device. grrrrrrrrrrrr..

Ok, let me think, windows was doing updates when I heard the bing-bong, I will roll back a couple of hours and see if that makes a difference. I did a restore, for 2 hours earlier, when it completed, this time I was going to be prepared. I installed the drivers again, and opened the Androidtool and loaded the update.img. I plugged in the Apple cable and held my breath as I plugged in the power. Eureka, bing-bong, found new device and installing drivers. NOW, my R89 shows up in the Androidtool and I did an upgrade. All went well updating the box. Connected it to the TV and now it works.

As I think about it, I did a clean install of Windows 7, so was that the problem, or was it indeed bad OTG adapters? Right now, I am not ready to find out the real cause of the Androidtool not finding my device.

Anyway I am back in business. But do I want to try installing Oman's last rom that caused me all this greif again?
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Glad to read that you are back in business, clarkss12!

Can you see any physical differences between the Micro USB connector on the Apple charge cord and the others that you have tried before?

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post

Can you see any physical differences between the Micro USB connector on the Apple charge cord and the others that you have tried before?
                Thanks, I did not notice any difference in connector end. Did you install the ROM that killed me?
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelSpyder View Post

Thanks, I did not notice any difference in connector end. Did you install the ROM that killed me?

Comment

I update the new tool:

====20141017=====
                    Downlod Here:

RK3288_FactoryTool1.35_driver4.1.1

===============

Also see the first page.

Because we change the new bootloader in the latest ROM(110k4109),you should use the new tool and driver.
                    Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                      I update the new tool:

====20141017=====
                      Downlod Here:

RK3288_FactoryTool1.35_driver4.1.1

===============

Also see the first page.

Because we change the new bootloader in the latest ROM(110k4109),you should use the new tool and driver.

I tested your new FactoryTool 1.35 and my R89 does connect to it. However, it is in Chinese, is there a setting to change it to English? Or can you update the first post with pictures on which buttons to push.

Also, the firmware that you posted in this link crashes my R89, tested it again a few minutes ago.

Here is the 109k4108, FYI->

link:http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1279163619
                      password:1em7

Our OTA server is crashed...So you should update it by hand.

Comment

Apple saves the day

Call me crazy, but I had to know if that firmware posted on Oct. 12 that crashed my R89 was a fluke, so I installed it again by downloading it, renaming it to update.img placing it in my external SD card. I rebooted, it found the update and asked me if I wanted to install it. The little green man popped up and started to install the new firmware. It got about 75% complete and the screen went blank.

Now I get to verify if the Apple charge/data cable is really the miracle for me. I connected my R89 to my computer, Windows 7 (just completed a clean install of windows 7) using the Apple cable, sure enough the AndroidTool found my device and I re-installed a good firmware on it. Now, to verify that the OTG cable that came with my R89 was good, I repeated the steps. Wala, with this OTG adapter, my computer did not see any device and obviously, the AndroidTool did not see it either.

I have suffered a tremendous amount of grief, all because the OTC adapter, or the male to male USB cable did not work. The Apple charge/data cable worked flawlessly. I will mention, that the male to male USB cable I used with the OTG adapter, works great with my RK3188 boxes. That I can't understand.

Also, I tested the new AndroidTool that Oman just posted and my R89 using the Apple cable connects right away.

Comment

Originally posted by oman View Post
                          ...you should use the new tool and driver.
                          Is it a MUST to have (FactoryTool AND driver) if I want to flash > 109k4?
                          (because I prefer "never touch a running system" )
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I tested the new tool AND the new driver, they worked for me.

Comment

Driver is a MUST to have ('AndroidTool v2.3' also works)...
                              Worst case update the driver via windows Device-manager (manual via ...\Release_DriverAssitant\Driver\...) , because [install] at 'DriverInstall.exe' doesn't work at my system (said everything is ok, but older drivers already exists)...
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Am I missing something? Where is the download link for 110k4109?

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X