Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not asking for donations... Im simply saying those that donated got access to this update before the official release in the new year... the change log is on the first page.

I cannot really answer more questions, I was just suggesting if you did not want to wait till the public release donations were the way to go. Otherwise the free public version will be out in 2ish weeks

Comment

Originally posted by skratch View Post
      What is the best way to backup and restore?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

XBMC settings?? I use USB-SDCard-Wizard from Xunity Repo... it works wonderfully for XBMC backups...

Comment

Thanks Jimmyx.
        I use confluence mod skin for xbmc and it seems impossible to restore it how I had it!
        What do you use for android apps, titanium?

Comment

Re: Sqaure M8 JustMe Roms 20140901 Till Date

Originally posted by jimmyx View Post
          Im not asking for donations... Im simply saying those that donated got access to this update before the official release in the new year... the change log is on the first page.

I cannot really answer more questions, I was just suggesting if you did not want to wait till the public release donations were the way to go. Otherwise the free public version will be out in 2ish weeks
          How much of a donation do you have to give before you get the update mate?

Comment

I use the Xunity Confluence skin and the USB-SDCard-Wizard restores xbmc perfectly!

add the repo http://xfinity.xunitytalk.com and get yourself the USB-SDCard-Wizard from program addons.... do a full backup to Fat32 USB Drive and then a restore...

for android apps im not gonna lie i dont really install any apps on these things, I just use em as a media player... and im happy with all the apps that come preloaded with the justme FW's + my xbmc restore...

However the backup right on the m8s settings panel im told works for the app backup well..

Comment

How much of a donation do you have to give before you get the update mate?

I couldnt tell you, I imagine any amount buy justme a beer or 5 or you can wait till the new year when this is out publicly for free... its not too long till the new year.

Comment

I use the Xunity Confluence skin and the USB-SDCard-Wizard restores xbmc perfectly!

add the repo http://xfinity.xunitytalk.com and get yourself the USB-SDCard-Wizard from program addons.... do a full backup to Fat32 USB Drive and then a restore...

for android apps im not gonna lie i dont really install any apps on these things, I just use em as a media player... and im happy with all the apps that come preloaded with the justme FW's + my xbmc restore...

However the backup right on the m8s settings panel im told works for the app backup well..
                Nice one Jimmy I'll try that out. 👍 I mainly have iplayer itv player 40D apps which are for uk on demand, I also have snes and sega emulators setup as well with game progress so backup is important.

Comment

Nice one Jimmy I'll try that out. 👍 I mainly have iplayer itv player 40D apps which are for uk on demand, I also have snes and sega emulators setup as well with game progress so backup is important.

ive been meaning to try emulators on these units... how well do they work? what controller are you using? and ive heard these are serious resource hogs... is this true??

Comment

Also note sometimes you need to restore 1-3 times before everything comes back exactly the way you wanted it... sometimes not... I find after first restore I change the Skin to the current skin I was using... then restore again and bam everything is back where I put it its a little tricky SOMETIMES (but keep in mind I do this for a dozen units a day so i run into issues...)

Comment

I just go into the xbmc folder and copy the whole data folder onto sd/pen drive. Then install new rom or xbmc version and then copy the data back into the folder. It takes longer but you will have no problems.

jimmyx: does write to sd work on the new rom?
                      M8N Quad Core Android 4.4
                      JustMe v1.5 ported v2

Comment

Originally posted by elgrego View Post
                        I just go into the xbmc folder and copy the whole data folder onto sd/pen drive. Then install new rom or xbmc version and then copy the data back into the folder. It takes longer but you will have no problems.

jimmyx: does write to sd work on the new rom?
                        hmmm whats the rough size of the xbmc folder for copy? after the dozens of addons and mods i have installed the zip file is about 400mb for me for the backup with sd-card wizard.

Sadly NO SD card write... its mentioned in the known issues... but USB Fat32 works NP... This is an android issue.. in one of googles latest updates it stopped ppl from writing to SD cards (not sure why... its not like anyone wants to save data to their SD card on their android phones or anything.... theyre probably hoping ppl will purchase cloud storage or something evil like that...)

Comment

I couldnt tell you, I imagine any amount buy justme a beer or 5 or you can wait till the new year when this is out publicly for free... its not too long till the new year.
                          Tbh I have donated, I always donate to projects and people that help me.

Comment

Tbh I have donated, I always donate to projects and people that help me.

then send justme a pm and he will send over link.. I know hes off to a christmas party for the evening so you wont hear back from him till tomorrow but hell have you taken care of..

anymore questions just ask.

Comment

ive been meaning to try emulators on these units... how well do they work? what controller are you using? and ive heard these are serious resource hogs... is this true??
                              Haven't noticed any resource problem, The one I use runs smoothly most of the time odd crash now and again. I use the snes usb controllers http://pages.****.com/link/?nav=item...160122&alt=web
                              I find with the sega emulator I find the sound is not good usally distorted but game play is fine.

Comment

then send justme a pm and he will send over link.. I know hes off to a christmas party for the evening so you wont hear back from him till tomorrow but hell have you taken care of..

anymore questions just ask.
                                Nice one thanks for the help, time to start backing up!

Comment

Working...
                                X