No announcement yet.

[Pipo Project] M6 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course I have. My experience was that it works flawless, but very slow because of the old JB kernel which is not optimized for CM – LP.

Comment

Originally posted by karmantyu View Post
      Of course I have. My experience was that it works flawless, but very slow because of the old JB kernel which is not optimized for CM – LP.
      can you tell me which files i have to download from this page and how to flash

Comment

Hi all,

it finally happened....... My M6Pro's WiFi died!
        I tried everything I could think of, flashing old ROM's, flashing new ROM's, I even had someone change the combined WiFi, BT, GPS and FM chip, but at no avail.

So I throw the towel and will start looking for a new tablet.

Maybe there is someone out there who needs a touchscreen for a M6Pro??
        I had the original screen protector always on, so the minor scratches are not in the screen, but in the plastic film.
        It still boot's, and I can do everything with it, just not connect it to a network.

Make me an offer for my M6pro, shipping is from Spain and will be paid by the buyer.

Un saludo,

Satbeginner
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by almoslem View Post

can you tell me which files i have to download from this page and how to flash
          From the first page of this forum take the WIFI or 3G version 1.2 respectively to your devices type.
          Read the first time user’s guide.
          Download and change the Boot.img file in the set with this one:

Have fun.
          If you are looking for the CM-LP ROM - that is not from FREAKTAB so support is on the other forum. Otherwise I would not recommend that CM-LP ROM on M6Pro because of the laggy and old JB kernel we have to use it with.

Comment

Hello,

I have a Pipo M6 Pro with Freaktab ROM v1.2. I created a new user but apps I install in one of them also it is installed in the other one. It occurs the same with files like pictures, movies and music. I thought that users were independent. Is there anything wrong in my settings? I try to change a lot of settings and check their effects but I don't get the solution.

Can anybody help me? I hope to have explained well with my english

Thanks in advance

Comment

hello everyone,
              today i tryed to flash the rom 1.2v.
              i lost the step with the drivers so i tryed to restore laptop at previous date but didnt work.
              so i tryed again at different laptop this time step by step successfully.

the first time appear a horizontal slim line when i tryed to change tab.
              i bypass that because i knew that might be fixed after one reboot.
              so i tryed to open random one app and was camera. the tablet freezed and reboot itself.
              the slim line indeed dissapeared and the camera opened that time.
              when i pressed to close the camera stack again.. (i was already have a bad feeling)
              black screen and reboot itself again but from that time stuck at the first screen with 4.4.2. logo or then at next screen of pipo-project colorfull cycle spining.

i tryed some help about troubleshooting from pdf like
              reset back hole
              at the very begin of my tries to recover i pluged the usb at pc but didnt recognize the device "unknown device" i pressed "esc" while booting and finaly again found rkandroid but couldnt erase new message msc cant do erase idb.
              i tryed again this time with batch tool i pressed switch but dint do something.

any other option? :\

excuse me for my bad english guys

Comment

Originally posted by pmmrbr View Post
                Hello,

I have a Pipo M6 Pro with Freaktab ROM v1.2. I created a new user but apps I install in one of them also it is installed in the other one. It occurs the same with files like pictures, movies and music. I thought that users were independent. Is there anything wrong in my settings? I try to change a lot of settings and check their effects but I don't get the solution.

Can anybody help me? I hope to have explained well with my english

Thanks in advance

@rrileypm, could you help me please?
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Satbeginner View Post
                  Hi all,

it finally happened....... My M6Pro's WiFi died!
                  I tried everything I could think of, flashing old ROM's, flashing new ROM's, I even had someone change the combined WiFi, BT, GPS and FM chip, but at no avail.

So I throw the towel and will start looking for a new tablet.

Maybe there is someone out there who needs a touchscreen for a M6Pro??
                  I had the original screen protector always on, so the minor scratches are not in the screen, but in the plastic film.
                  It still boot's, and I can do everything with it, just not connect it to a network.

Make me an offer for my M6pro, shipping is from Spain and will be paid by the buyer.

Un saludo,

Satbeginner
                  That's sad :-( I have my Wifi chip prepared for replace, but now, when you say it won't help, there is no option left :-(
                  I am using this tablet now with an USB-to-Ethernet adapter, and was planning to at least use it with an USB-Wifi dongle, but I don't know, which wifi chipsets the installed drivers support. Does someone know the chpiset list, or knows the way how to check it?

Comment

Hi All, is some better kernel for M6 PRO(WIFI) than kernel inculed in v1.2?
                    Thx

Comment

Originally posted by heerer View Post
                      Hi All, is some better kernel for M6 PRO(WIFI) than kernel inculed in v1.2?
                      Thx
                      Nope. That's the best we have. I think this device could do much more, but no support means, abandoned hardware.

Comment

karmantyu, I do not agree: the HW of Pipo m6pro cannot do more than this! There are so many architectural problems and limitations on RK3188 (first of all the limited RAM badwidth) that it's a miracle that now m6pro is performing "not so bad".
                        if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                        https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Hey Giouncino,
                          I'am not an Android expert, but have the feeling that the kernel development stopped too early and there is some potential left in the hardware. You may have right also it doesn't matter.

Comment

The "feeling" is not enough, if you take a look of the hardware architecture of RK3188, you will get my point. RK3188 cannot do more than this, lollipop or marsmallow will not give any improvement in such "low performance" chip.
                            I'm telling this as HW expert, I'm an electronic engineer and I've studied RK3188 architectural details a couple of years ago. This chip lack in some crucial points to have good "horsepower".

Comment

Offtopic
                              So as I wrote I am not an expert but not stupid either. My two kids have Chuwi v88 devices since years which device is in many aspect inferior to M6pro. The kids are tormenting the devices daily several ours so that is real testing ground. Chuwi sold the license of the v88 to many manufacturers so there was a greater pressure on writing a good kernel on them. They stopped the development early, but the kernels are way better than on PiPo M6pro. I can install Lollipop on the v88 and it's running nicely. So bad software support turns many users to branded devices offering LTS.

Comment

Chuwi v88 has a lower resolution, its obvious that is running faster than your pipo....
                                Mali400 was not originally designed to support retina resolution too.
                                Flash manufacturer is another important factor to evaluate effective performance.

As I said before: believe me, RK3188 have too many limitations due to a wrong and extremely cheap architecture. It can't do more.

Comment

Working...
                                X