[Pipo Project] M6 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    That's because in the wifi version, I turn off all 3G functions...including USB dongle support.

I suggest that if you are using a 3G dongle with your wifi only version to flash the 3G version of the ROM so you can have full 3G support. The only side effect is a little bit faster battery consumption.
    Do you think keeping the tablet in fly mode will have a faster battery consumption anyway? i mean, a 3G ROM in fly mode won't have the same battery drain as the wifi version?

Comment

Originally posted by eliazeno View Post
      Do you think keeping the tablet in fly mode will have a faster battery consumption anyway? i mean, a 3G ROM in fly mode won't have the same battery drain as the wifi version?
      On my Wi-Fi only tablet there was not too big impact on consumption if I've enabled flight mode or not. I had the feeling using Wi-Fi with flight mode on the drain is higher as with flight mode off. Silly...
      So it is kernel dependent and you can experiment using your device with 3G ROM and flight mode on and flash Wi-Fi only ROM. You will see if there is any difference if any.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipo2000 View Post
        Same here. When charging if device is switched off : stuck on Pipo screen and only way to go ahead is to use the Reset button on the back. Both of these problems (cam and batt charge freeze) are no dealbreakers as i can charge when tab is booted and i have no use for the camera, but just wanted to mention.

Riley: i will flash tablet today with an older firmware to see if cam is working again, but i think i have a hw problem because of other 2 users reporting that cam is working fine with their tab/rom combo.
        I had the same problem with chargingfreezes. This is the only thing in this ROM, which is not perfect.

is there any solution for this problem?

So far, big thank you to Randy.
        Last edited by monsieurf; 02-27-2015, 22:37.

Comment

Touchscreen problem

Is there any news for my problem with the touchscreen? I tried to flash the 1.2 wifi but it's still the same as 1.0 and 1.1. This is the perfect rom for all of us and i'm still waiting for a fix for my problem.

Comment

Rotate problem

I have a couple of big problems after a couple of weeks with this GREAT romI have wifi Pipo without 3g
            .The MOST important is that acceleration sensor quit working and I have to use Rotate apk for rotating the screen
            2nd problem is that Antutu gives 25784 but it says "not verified score!"
            Without accelerator sensor games like Temple Run or Beach Buggy are unusable and manually rotating the sceeen is very stressful. I had no problems with older RileyRom
            Hope someone can help me to find a solution...

Comment

double tap unlock

The rom works very good, but i find very annoying the double tap to unlock the screen, can i disable this feature?
              Also, can i disable the screen turn-off animation?

Comment

The rom works very good, but i find very annoying the double tap to unlock the screen, can i disable this feature?
                find file sys/module/ct36x_ts/parameters/wakeup_enabled
                open as text
                put 0 instead of 1, save changes

Comment

hdmi performance

Hello all,

I have installed the latest firmware (freaktab 1.2) for pipo m6 pro 3g and I have to say it's the most stable and best performing firmware of them all.

I have never used the HDMI before for this tablet and today I bought a mini hdmi cable and decided to try it out. I noticed a very slow performance when connected to the HDMI. Slow performance meaning that it looks like it doesn't have any graphics acceleration at all. For example youtube videos are performing slow and glitchy while on the tablet itself they are performing flowlessly!

Has anyone else noticed similar behavior? Is it something that I can fix? I repeat I have never tested the HDMI before with any of the previous firmwares that I have flashed so it might be normal.. But still... pretty annoying

Regards
                  Last edited by caboom; 03-09-2015, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by caboom View Post
                    Hello all,

I have installed the latest firmware (freaktab 1.2) for pipo m6 pro 3g and I have to say it's the most stable and best performing firmware of them all.

I have never used the HDMI before for this tablet and today I bought a mini hdmi cable and decided to try it out. I noticed a very slow performance when connected to the HDMI. Slow performance meaning that it looks like it doesn't have any graphics acceleration at all. For example youtube videos are performing slow and glitchy while on the tablet itself they are performing flowlessly!

Has anyone else noticed similar behavior? Is it something that I can fix? I repeat I have never tested the HDMI before with any of the previous firmwares that I have flashed so it might be normal.. But still... pretty annoying

Regards
                    I noticed that too, and i think that the old rileyrom was better, maybe just because with this rom the screen is in HD

Comment

I noticed that too, and i think that the old rileyrom was better, maybe just because with this rom the screen is in HD
                      Thanks for the reply...
                      Can someone please confirm this? Is the HDMI output accelerated in any of the rileyrom firmwares? I really don't want to flash again and again :P

Also: all the previous roms were in HD mode... It's just that the freaktab roms have the option to switch from HD to normal and vice-versa.

Regards

Comment

Hello all,

Regards
                        I have had no problem with the hdmi, just the slow performance of casting streaming to the TV, otherwise all is good, Do have problems with the GPS but i'm using an external GPS now and no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by badbearben View Post
                          I have had no problem with the hdmi, just the slow performance of casting streaming to the TV, otherwise all is good, Do have problems with the GPS but i'm using an external GPS now and no problem.
                          Hi badbearben,

Which rom are you running now? I had problems with the gps in the freaktab 1.1 version.. but in 1.2 it works fine.

About the hdmi... You can watch movies using HDMI with no glitches at all? Perfectly smooth video playback?

Comment

Hi Caboom,

Running ROM 1.2 and have no problems with HDMI output.
                            My tab is in Normal mode instead of HD mode and HDMI output is set to 1920x1080p_50Hz
                            In the Developer options all is UNCHECKED except for Allow mock locations.(i do have some issues in certain apps when Force GPU rendering is checked, but i am not shure it affects the HDMI output)

I do run games or stream media (Youtube - HD) or play home made video's : MP4 (with a resolution of 1280x720)
                            All plays just fine.

And oh yeah, i do use MX player for watching home made video's.

If you want me to test something, let me know.

Regards

Hi badbearben,

Which rom are you running now? I had problems with the gps in the freaktab 1.1 version.. but in 1.2 it works fine.

About the hdmi... You can watch movies using HDMI with no glitches at all? Perfectly smooth video playback?

Comment

Hi Pipo2000,

Thank you very much for your information.

I am running the tablet in HD mode, HDMI output is set to 1920x1080p_60Hz.
                              In the developer options i have nothing checked except for the mock locations as well.

I cannot really explain how it looks like so i took a video to show you. You will notice that the playback is glitchy and it drops frames.

Also something else that I noticed, is that when i connect the hdmi cable, then the same thing happens to the tablet's screen. The same glitches and frame drops.

In the video i am using kodi as a media player to stream a movie.

Also, since the tablet has a 4:3 resolution by default.. Is there any way to make the hdmi output work with 16:9 resolution?

Is there a way to disable the tablet's screen when using the HDMI so that only the HDMI works?

I will test with normal mode tomorrow to see if i have the same problems

Originally posted by Pipo2000 View Post
                              Hi Caboom,

Running ROM 1.2 and have no problems with HDMI output.
                              My tab is in Normal mode instead of HD mode and HDMI output is set to 1920x1080p_50Hz
                              In the Developer options all is UNCHECKED except for Allow mock locations.(i do have some issues in certain apps when Force GPU rendering is checked, but i am not shure it affects the HDMI output)

I do run games or stream media (Youtube - HD) or play home made video's : MP4 (with a resolution of 1280x720)
                              All plays just fine.

And oh yeah, i do use MX player for watching home made video's.

If you want me to test something, let me know.

Regards

Comment

I use this app to turn off the screen https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nstandby&hl=it

Your video is really bad, my pipo becomes just a bit laggy when using it, but it almost doesn't affect the video playing

Comment

Working...
                                X