Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
    If I get a chance I will hook up my hub and grab a pcap to see if anything is evident tonight. I hope this leads to a fix and its a simple one.

I wish I knew the usb and networking sub system. What is the same between internal and different with external. I do recall an internal usb hub (virtual or physical I have no idea) that might be suspect from dmesg's that I have looked at....I think it was wifi that came up on it???
    I couldn't get anything to skip tonight. Wireshark didnt produce anything and the stream looked normal.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

5.1 sound over HDMI

This is a great rom but I'm having troubles getting 5.1 audio over HDMI. Has anyone else had problems with this? If I enable passthrough in Kodi I can get true 5.1 over HDMI but then the video is jerky. If I turn off passthrough the audio output goes back to stereo and the video returns to perfect play. I'm playing 30GB MKV files with DTS audio. Should I be using the SPIF if I want 5.1 audio?
      Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
        This is a great rom but I'm having troubles getting 5.1 audio over HDMI. Has anyone else had problems with this? If I enable passthrough in Kodi I can get true 5.1 over HDMI but then the video is jerky. If I turn off passthrough the audio output goes back to stereo and the video returns to perfect play. I'm playing 30GB MKV files with DTS audio. Should I be using the SPIF if I want 5.1 audio?
        You should be using SPMC if you want passthrough support on Rockchip devices

Comment

Originally posted by vanzylst View Post
          I just got some interesting results...

I'm using spmc-armeabi-v7a_14.0.0_beta1 with RKlibstagefright
          RKlibstagefright are included in spmc-armeabi-v7a_14.0.0_beta1 or i need to another file to overwrite a system file?

I've find this http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?...282#pid1820282

Have you selected or unseclet in SPMC system-->video-->Acceleration "Allow hardware acceleration (Mediacodec)"?
          thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by crazymark View Post
            RKlibstagefright are included in spmc-armeabi-v7a_14.0.0_beta1 or i need to another file to overwrite a system file?
            Could you please post RKlibstagefright file in the forum, please?
            Have you selected or unseclet in SPMC system-->video-->Acceleration "Allow hardware acceleration (Mediacodec)"?
            thanks a lot!
            No separate files to change.
            No setting to change in 'Acceleration'.
            If you want SPDIF passthrough instead of HDMI passthrough, you also need to use firmware after 23/12/14.

Comment

Youtube 1080p

Hello good sirs!
              Got my Tronsmart Orion r28 with latest wasser 2.0.3 and im very happy with it.
              Although i noticed that i cant seem to get 1080p in Youtube, only 720p.
              Is there any way i can get 1080p?
              The box is rooted btw.

Comment

Originally posted by WarSpaz View Post
                Hello good sirs!
                Although i noticed that i cant seem to get 1080p in Youtube, only 720p.
                Is there any way i can get 1080p?
                The box is rooted btw.
                Yes, if you use my latest HPH v1.3 ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by vanzylst View Post
                  The Edimax USB Ethernet adapter solved my SPMC stuttering issues which I got with both the built-in WiFi and Ethernet. I've tested it with several different files that used to stutter previously, so this solution works for me. It's only a 100Mbit adapter but that's good enough for me now. YMMV.

Now I can enjoy my R28 Meta which was starting to frustrate me a bit...

Btw, to start up eth1 (the USB ethernet adapter) automatically at boot time, add the following in an init.d script (and leave eth0 unplugged or disabled to make sure you use the right interface):
                  netcfg eth1 dhcp
                  I use this one, runs perfect:
                  UGREEN USB 3.0 auf 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet Netzwerkadapter für PC oder Laptop, Windows Surface Pro, IdeaPaD, MacBook Air, MacBook Retina usw (Schwarz B)

von UGREEN, 14 Euro.

Thanks for the hint.

Beelink R89 2/16GB Version PCB 3.0, Stock Firmware 111K4110_1219, SPMC 14.1
                  Input: Wireless Logitech K340 Keyboard & M505 Mouse, Output: Philips 42PFL7404H/12

Comment

Hi where i can find update in menu tronsmart s89 h
                    wasser V1.0.3 or how i can back to original FW plz help ty

Comment

Originally posted by gffmac View Post
                      Nice find, hopefully it leads to a fix.

Its strange that both wifi and ethernet suffer from the same issue like they are both being channeled through the same network system which is causing the problem, if only you could tell the system to treat ether the wifi or internal ethernet as an external device and somehow separate it. Wishful thinking :P
                      Yes, that is a bit strange. But I think we're a bit closer now to finding the real problem...

I noticed that I don't actually need to use the USB ethernet adapter, it just needs to plugged in, while I still use the built-in ethernet interface. With this configuration I also don't get any stutters under SPMC.

What I did was the following:
                      - Disable WiFi and Ethernet under Android settings.
                      - Have the USB ethernet adapter plugged in to a USB port on your R28.
                      - Verify that an eth1 device exists for the USB adapter and for the built-in ethernet (/system/xbin/ifconfig -a with busybox). None should have an IP address at this stage.
                      - Run netcfg eth0 dhcp (or configure the interface manually with /system/xbin/ifconfig and /system/xbin/route from busybox).
                      - Verify with /system/xbin/ifconfig that an IP address was assigned to eth0 and that eth1 is still without an IP address.
                      - Proceed to mount your SMB share with cifs (if that's what you're using).
                      - Check that there is no WiFi or Ethernet connected icon.

The trick here is that the Android framework + applications doesn't see any available connected network, but on the kernel level your network interface is configured and you are connected.

Now apps like Google Play will fail because it doesn't see any network connection. However, if you mounted an SMB share over cifs in one of the previous steps, SPMC will still be able to use that.

At this stage videos should play under SPMC without the stutters (that's my experience at least).

My theory is that there is some process that requires network connectivity that wakes up every few minutes to do something, and this is what's causing the stutters. When it doesn't have network connectivity it doesn't have anything to do and video playback is therefore unaffected (although thinking about it now, it doesn't completely explain why videos from a USB stick also play well with the network on...).

I would appreciate it if something can reproduce this just to confirm what I'm seeing.

Comment

AW: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.3 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

Can anyone sniffing the network traffic?

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

lol try this

Try this...plug something into every full size USB ports and see if it stutters. And different configurations
                          Last edited by prahjister; 12-31-2014, 02:11.
                          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

AW: NEW - Wasser Firmware V2.0.3 for Beelink R89/Tronsmart R28

What did you mean with "something" ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-P905 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks at all for the prevoius help.

I've a problem on UBOX 2g/8g Finless 1.2 SPMC-Kodi based using RKlibstagefright.

Whatever player use to play video (480p, 720p, 1080p in h.264) I've every 2min or 3min or 6min (depends from video) i see a micro "jerky", and if i rewind e play the moment of micro jerky I see it again. I use only HDMI (not SPDIF for audio).
                              Is this a problem called in the forum "micro stutters"? Or is a codec/parameter/configuration problem?
                              Someone haved this problem and has to solve it?

By Gigabit-LAN I've 20Mbit/s transfer, I think is not this a problem.

Sorry form my english.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymark View Post
                                Thanks at all for the prevoius help.

I've a problem on UBOX 2g/8g Finless 1.2 SPMC-Kodi based using RKlibstagefright.

Whatever player use to play video (480p, 720p, 1080p in h.264) I've every 2min or 3min or 6min (depends from video) i see a micro "jerky", and if i rewind e play the moment of micro jerky I see it again. I use only HDMI (not SPDIF for audio).
                                Is this a problem called in the forum "micro stutters"? Or is a codec/parameter/configuration problem?
                                Someone haved this problem and has to solve it?

By Gigabit-LAN I've 20Mbit/s transfer, I think is not this a problem.

Sorry form my english.
                                I had the same problem earlier today. This is the short story that worked for both of my RK3288.

One note you might want to make sure the firmware below works with your UBOX or are comfortable reinstalling the original firmware.

Install this ROM http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/wasse...r89-rk3288.zip
                                Install this player http://www.semperpax.be/owncloud/pub...&id=OauuYHwjoc

don't change any settings and see how it plays. It should play all non interlaced H264 content very well.
                                Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

Working...
                                X