Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drAstic View Post
    Does this also fix the audio sync issue?
    No it doesnt but I set my audio delay to 0.100 which is just about right for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gffmac View Post
      No it doesnt but I set my audio delay to 0.100 which is just about right for me.
      well, my issue was, that the delay was constantly changing, so there was no right value to set.
      So there seems to be a "standard" delay now?

Comment

Originally posted by drAstic View Post
        well, my issue was, that the delay was constantly changing, so there was no right value to set.
        So there seems to be a "standard" delay now?
        Since setting that delay Ive watched about 2 720p tv shows and 2 1080p movies and all have been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by WarSpaz View Post
          Hello good sirs!
          Got my Tronsmart Orion r28 with latest wasser 2.0.3 and im very happy with it.
          Although i noticed that i cant seem to get 1080p in Youtube, only 720p.
          Is there any way i can get 1080p?
          The box is rooted btw.
          Has anyone tried the screen youtube full screen 1080p hdmi xposed module with this ROM?

Just curious.
          Cheers,
          -SB
          Last edited by sawbones999; 01-07-2015, 16:48.
          ---------------------------------------
          Currently using U-BOX R89 with mo123 v1.6.
          Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
          Pipo M9S -- CrewRKTab custom rooted 4.4.2
          RCA Viking Pro 10 -- Custom stock rooted 5.1 by me <- FOR SALE
          ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Originally posted by vanzylst View Post
            Good news people, I've found a software-only fix/workaround to the micro stutter problem

Just put the following in your init.d config file (or you can run it from the command line):
            Code:
            /system/bin/iptables -F bw_INPUT
            /system/bin/iptables -F bw_OUTPUT
            Now you can just use the internal Ethernet as you would normally, and you don't have to plug in a USB adapter.

The culprit seems to be the following iptables rules:
            Code:
            Chain bw_INPUT (1 references)
             pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
            3162K   12G            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
            7279K   57G            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            owner socket exists

Chain bw_OUTPUT (1 references)
             pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
            1809K  113M            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            ! quota globalAlert: 2097152 bytes
            5369K  389M            all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0            owner socket exists
            It looks like these rules are used by Android for some sort of bandwidth management (BandwidthController), but it's implemented in a way that hangs the system for a short period of time when it's doing its bandwidth management.

So just delete those rules and voilĂ ! Micro stutters gone...

Hope this works for you as well, let me know.

Cheers

Looks like a good solution. This doesn't seem to be anything Wi-Fi specific, but I have to ask, this won't affect useability of Wi-Fi at all, correct?

Cheers,
            -SB

EDIT-nevermind, saw answer in another post.
            Last edited by sawbones999; 01-12-2015, 23:58.
            Other android tv device - ADT-1 running latest PureNexus 6.0.1 MM and very impressed with the changes vs stock molly!
            ----------- ROM by me, the first way to update ZTE Force 4G from ICS to JB http://androidforums.com/threads/fin...om-ics.886408/

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
              Youtube is already in fullscreen.
              That app will only cause trouble with Youtube.
              If you want 1080p Youtube it works in my ROM.
              I know it's working in your ROM, bc I use it. BTW I have to give this tronsmart r28 back to my client and think I will go back to your 1.2 with tronsmart resource because that is the only way I have found to get working remote.

I will probably install SPMC kodi beta. Do you suggest I install anything else for them to get good performance?

Thanks Mo!
              -SB

Comment

Originally posted by mo123
                SPMC Kodi beta 3 will also be released soon.

Video playback apps?
                MXPlayer, Videomix, Showbox, Netflix, Hulu, Happy Chick Game Emulator
                Mizuu, Solo Launcher, AdAway

Better to use an Air Mouse, works with any ROM, any device.
                Much better than basic IR Remote, but costs extra.

If Tronsmart don't release new firmware, it's better to avoid them and support companies that care about their customers. That was the problem with RK3188 manufacturers. But for RK3288 devices no one has an excuse not to provide firmware updates. RK3288 manufacturers/sellers get the same SDK and support from Rockchip and only have themselves to blame if people move elsewhere.
                http://www.tronsmart.com/forum/trons...6#.VK1m9CwYHQo
                True! I actually wanted to get a tronsmart r28 originally myself and recommended it to my customer because at the time it seemed to be one of the best.

My dad got me a UBOX R89 for christmas and now I am glad that I have that one instead! lol

Do you have a link for the SPMC 14 betas? I found beta 1 but if 2 or 3 is out and better i'd rather use those. I need it like right now. Supposed to try and finish this project today and I am starting over from scratch.

Thanks and cheers!
                -SB
                Last edited by sawbones999; 01-08-2015, 03:39.

Comment

10bit video doesnt work perfect (test via last SPMC)

another test videos

Comment

H.264 10bit (Hi10 profile)

With H.264 10 bit video and RK3288 is similar situation like with RK3188. VPU isn't capable of processing it therefor there are some tricks used but they doesn't always work well. We must wait for H.265 10 bit video coders.
                    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                      With H.264 10 bit video and RK3288 is similar situation like with RK3188. VPU isn't capable of processing it therefor there are some tricks used but they doesn't always work well. We must wait for H.265 10 bit video coders.
                      but another firmware (I don't remember) work fine with 10bit

Comment

H.264 10 bit flawless hardware playback on RK3288?

I have to see it with my own eyes. I tried Beelink stock firmware and Wasser's ROM but it was always the same. Besides even on RK3188 some H.264 10Hi profile videos performed quite well and other was almost unwatchable. But this Blue something you can watch in software mode without problem.
                        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                        bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for the link!

Do you know if these are already compiled with the rockchip vpu extensions included? Will installing this update my system codecs to the latest versions as well?

Thanks again,
                          -SB

Comment

Originally posted by romasik View Post
                            I first did so, the result is the same.
                            it didn't work for me either

Comment

no more updates? Wasser was ist los,urlaub oder wie -)

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
                                I can write an update.zip as long as wasser doesnt mind. I think he already has to init.d working
                                Yes PLEASE!!!

He wont mind you helping others with his firmware I am sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X