No announcement yet.

Kikat - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After testing wasser lolipop and get no sound, I install this one.
    Now sound works on android.
    On kodi 15.0 RC1 I can get sound :
    -without surroud but plays well
    -with surround but with some hangs every few seconds :/

I use the HDMI passtrough on android
    and I try lot of settings on kodi :/

any idea ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kytrix View Post
      After testing wasser lolipop and get no sound, I install this one.
      Now sound works on android.
      On kodi 15.0 RC1 I can get sound :
      -without surroud but plays well
      -with surround but with some hangs every few seconds :/

I use the HDMI passtrough on android
      and I try lot of settings on kodi :/

any idea ?
      Install SPMC 14.2 in order to get true 5.1 surround. It's Kodi that's made for Rockchip.
      Tronsmart R28 PRO with wasser-2.0.7-beelink-r89-rk3288 ROM and MX Player

Comment

I am using wassers rom voor my UBOX R89 since wasser 1.0, the quality of the roms improved really great with sometimes a bug or mute problem for me.
        But This Rom is much better then the stock firmware, so i'm glad with wassers roms i'm using only SPMC 14.2 on my Ubox with wasser 2.09a.
        The video quality is great without stuttering, i think once a month the box does a audiomute by itself, and when i pause a movie/serie for ex. 10 minutes and press play after that it seems buffering has stopped working. i have to restart the movie/serie again. (where movie/serie paused).

Comment

Originally posted by amclean123 View Post
          Install SPMC 14.2 in order to get true 5.1 surround. It's Kodi that's made for Rockchip.
          Thanks, you're right it's better.
          But I heard that last version of XBMC will works as well than SPMC on rockchip (it's the case for the video hardware decoding)

Comment

wasser
            mo123

Do you know if there will be another Kitkat SDK from Rockchip that fixes the remaining bugs ?

Or is it Lolipop and nothing else from now on ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kytrix View Post

Thanks, you're right it's better.
              But I heard that last version of XBMC will works as well than SPMC on rockchip (it's the case for the video hardware decoding)
              From next week, SPMC will be merged(maybe only video playback stuff) with Kodi and from then on you can use the nightly Kodi builds.
              It will use an improved Mediacodec for Android devices and RKStagefright that people use on Rockchip devices won't be used anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
                wasser
                mo123

Do you know if there will be another Kitkat SDK from Rockchip that fixes the remaining bugs ?

Or is it Lolipop and nothing else from now on ?
                Only Lollipop, maybe some small fixes for KitKat still if it's big problems.
                What problems do you still have with KitKat?
                So we can make sure most of them don't end up in Lollipop also.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                  What problems do you still have with KitKat?
                  So we can make sure most of them don't end up in Lollipop also.
                  Besides major hiccups (short freezes from time to time) KK is quite good. Personally I would like to have working "Connect to PC" and see internal_sd as mass storage on my Windows 8.1 x64 PC but you can not have everything .

Other problem is Youtube app which doesn't allow 1080p60 quality (HFR mode is July gift from google to mobile devices) what is also true in Lollipop. Similar situation was for a long time (more than half a year) with youtube and 1080p quality setting but AFAIK thanks to you it was resolved.

More problems I can not remember in this moment therefore I think they weren't major at least for me.

P.S.
                  One more thing. All known to me firmwares without OC (and some even then) have kernels with locked CPU frequency to 1608MHz. But in light of other problems it really isn't worth mentioning because everyone can quite easily "unlock" this limitation by oneself.
                  RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                  Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                  bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                    Besides major hiccups (short freezes from time to time) KK is quite good. Personally I would like to have working "Connect to PC" and see internal_sd as mass storage on my Windows 8.1 x64 PC but you can not have everything .

Other problem is Youtube app which doesn't allow 1080p60 quality (HFR mode is July gift from google to mobile devices) what is also true in Lollipop. Similar situation was for a long time (more than half a year) with youtube and 1080p quality setting but AFAIK thanks to you it was resolved.

More problems I can not remember in this moment therefore I think they weren't major at least for me.

P.S.
                    One more thing. All known to me firmwares without OC (and some even then) have kernels with locked CPU frequency to 1608MHz. But in light of other problems it really isn't worth mentioning because everyone can quite easily "unlock" this limitation by oneself.
                    Connect to PC - can change it in build.prop and resource dts file to connect as ADB or mass storage to PC.
                    Don't think setting is saved on reboot, but manufacturers can add it.

Short freezes - IPTables tweak mentioned somewhere helps, also increasing SDCard cache help, disabling non needed services/apps running automatically.
                    I think it might also be a problem with the Nexneon boards that are used, slower EMMC than boards from T-Chip.
                    Also caching SPMC/Kodi to RAM instead of storage is better.

1080p Youtube - Use OGYoutube, easiest solution

Overclock - Have to have a decent heatsink and 3A power adapter otherwise it can be unstable if used for long periods.

Comment

1080p Youtube - Use OGYoutube, easiest solution

Overclock - Have to have a decent heatsink and 3A power adapter otherwise it can be unstable if used for long periods.
                      Thanks for the hints.
                      For YouTube I had to use YouTube Downloader but this OGYouTube looks like YouTube app merged with Downloader. Shame that I can not login but this is minor problem.

As to SoC OC. I do not consider setting CPU frequency to 1.8GHz for RK3288 as an overclock. AFAIK every stock firmware have locked frequency to 1.6GHz but it is advertised as 1.8GHz. It isn't right. But there are more urgent problems.

Update: I've just checked that neither OGYouTube or YouTube Downloader can access 1080p60fps quality video or even 720p60 .
                      Last edited by Gormar; 07-13-2015, 21:26.
                      RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                      Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                        Thanks for the hints.
                        For YouTube I had to use YouTube Downloader but this OGYouTube looks like YouTube app merged with Downloader. Shame that I can not login but this is minor problem.

As to SoC OC. I do not consider setting CPU frequency to 1.8GHz for RK3288 as an overclock. AFAIK every stock firmware have locked frequency to 1.6GHz but it is advertised as 1.8GHz. It isn't right. But there are more urgent problems.

Update: I've just checked that neither OGYouTube or YouTube Downloader can access 1080p60fps quality video or even 720p60 .
                        Use the Xposed module together with OGYoutube to login.
                        1080p@60hz, maybe your display and R89 isn't fully compatible with it?
                        Do you have a Youtube 1080p@60hz sample, then I can test.

Comment

Do you have a Youtube 1080p@60hz sample, then I can test.
                          Yep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1BASBt7Ao
                          And there is plenty more where this came from. After downloading you should check file meta data (i.e. with MXPlayer Tools->Properities) and see if it have 60 fps. So far I didn't got any luck .
                          I will check on my PC if downloaders (i.e. jDownloader) can access HFR videos from YouTube.

Another thing what I found out about Lollipop is that it seems not particulary happy to handle HEVC Main10 profile videos. I think this problem was introduced after beta 3 because I can almost sware that I watched "Crowd Run" 50fps HEVC Main10 profile video (https://mega.nz/#!IpgG3IhR!9XSas61Mg...Th2cC95WbypOrw) just past week when I had installed that firmware.

Comment

Short freezes - IPTables tweak mentioned somewhere helps, also increasing SDCard cache help, disabling non needed services/apps running automatically.
                            I think it might also be a problem with the Nexneon boards that are used, slower EMMC than boards from T-Chip.
                            Also caching SPMC/Kodi to RAM instead of storage is better.
                            Freezes might be due to the slow EMMC cause everything else i tried doesn't work.

One thing that is also anyoing is the audio mute bug that all wasser firmwares have at some point....

Comment

Originally posted by bloodgnome View Post
                              Freezes might be due to the slow EMMC cause everything else i tried doesn't work.
                              For 100% freezes aren't only connected with slow eMMC which is a fact. I tried many IO schedulers: deadline, CFQ and settings: quantum 4-64, slice_idle=0, low_latency=0, read_ahead 128-512, etc but it didn't help too much.
                              Right now my worst nightmare is copying data to USB flash card reader (even when source file is entirely in memory by means of tmpfs). It can freeze whole system for almost few minutes (after file transfer) and even disable SystemUI. That is ridiculous!
                              Last edited by Gormar; 07-16-2015, 05:41.

Comment

Pls look at here:

Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Working...
                                X