This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kszaq View Post

sammaz Thanks a lot for your logs. Unfortunately it seems like I won't be able to make Bluetooth work with simple tools, I have to get my hands on a box with 8723BS chip. I hope it's not a big issue and you can wait a few weeks for that...
    kszaq , thanks a lot for your effort. For me, having Bluetooth working in this box will be a bonus, so no problem waiting a few weeks.

sammaz , thanks for supporting K with all the logs, tips and tests. It was not possible to me to perform that so promptly.

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post
      I have been creating a backup immediately after a fresh install just as a quick way of creating that directory without typing it in with file manager.
      In File Manager I then add it as a source. In File Manager i Then open Backup directory on left side and across to right and open usb and copy file to Backups.
      I cant see this as a problem unless you do.
      The file is in the right place when i do a restore from previous backup.
      Thanks again.
      That's what I normally do but this morning, without thinking about it, I installed the backup directly from a USB stick! Funny I'm sure it wouldn't do that in the past, so just mentioning it. My fresh install seems to be running OK by the way.

I'm wondering if there's a problem with some addons which is causing other people problems! The other thing I worry about is hard-booting and corrupting the install which I'm sure has happened to me in the past.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Running MXQ.arm-6.95.1.1 from Nand on all black MXQ, board number: 'AM_MXQ_A 20150825

Comment

Originally posted by mwp1 View Post

kszaq , thanks a lot for your effort. For me, having Bluetooth working in this box will be a bonus, so no problem waiting a few weeks.

sammaz , thanks for supporting K with all the logs, tips and tests. It was not possible to me to perform that so promptly.
        No problem...no rush on the fix...it sounds like it involves kernel\driver changes. I have a usb Bluetooth adapter that is working great...and I only use bluetooth for retroarch gaming on Openelec with PS4 wireless controller.

Comment

following your guide i have no log files in the storage(i used winscp on my laptop to access my box) but did find it somewhere else but its not letting me upload it i keep getting invalid file kodi.log
          what am i doing wrong

Comment

Originally posted by jjbull View Post
            following your guide i have no log files in the storage(i used winscp on my laptop to access my box) but did find it somewhere else but its not letting me upload it i keep getting invalid file kodi.log
            what am i doing wrong
            Log creation is triggered by accessing log files folder over Samba (Windows share). If you want to transfer the file over SSH, you have to run createlog in console first.

Comment

what am i doing wrong
              Took me a while to figure this out as I'm thick. I use file explorer on my Windows 10 system to access samba, make sure samba is turned on via OpenELEC / services, type you boxes IP address into the explorer address bar, think you need to add '\\' at the start. Once connected over samba you;ll see a bunch of folders. Select 'Logfiles' and a log will be generated. Copy log to PC and upload to onedrive or whatever and PM K. Or you can try and upload it to your next post on this thread, not sure if there's any sensitive info in the logs, I doubt it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Running MXQ.arm-6.95.1.1 from Nand on all black MXQ, board number: 'AM_MXQ_A 20150825

Comment

im not as dumb as im coming across i promise lol
                for some reason cant connect over samba can i use kodi log uploader will that work ?

Comment

im not as dumb as im coming across i promise lol
                  for some reason cant connect over samba can i use kodi log uploader will that work ?
                  Sometimes there's not enough info in those logs for K to see the problem. Didn't think you was dumb just thought I'd mention it, took me a while as said, so I'm the dumb one!

Comment

link to my log

Comment

k mentioned about using the command createlog in console to get my log files over ssh im using winscp can someone explain how i do that

Comment

Looks like my remote issue Is now fixed
                        I use a different remote.conf now and It seems to work

How do I change the function of the mouse button ?
                        I like to assign "subtitlesearch" to the mouse button
                        Using this remote.conf: https://tinyurl.com/hdfd5zc
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by gds View Post
                          Looks like my remote issue Is now fixed
                          I use a different remote.conf now and It seems to work

How do I change the function of the mouse button ?
                          I like to assign "subtitlesearch" to the mouse button
                          Using this remote.conf: https://tinyurl.com/hdfd5zc
                          Try using the 'Keymap Editor' addon it may/should work.

Comment

kszaq Simple question, is there a way to connect two MXQ's adhoc, possibly other devices, err like my bargain WD Live TV box? I'm worried that I won't have any internet at some point in the future! The WD box is working out well with the MXQ streaming to the WD in my bedroom from BluRay file discs on the MXQ in the living room. I would just use my backup MXQ in the bedroom, yes I have another one after my last experience of deep fried chips (!), but for most files the WD offers superior playback especially as the TV in my bedroom is bigger (42").

I won't mention the CS / ION thing at the mo as we'll see but if it doesn't happen then it might be worth trying the vid playback hacks to see if they have any real effect.

Comment

k mentioned about using the command createlog in console to get my log files over ssh im using winscp can someone explain how i do that
                              Like PatrickJB said, Kodi log is not enough when it's about kernel/hardware issues. You can open terminal (command line) in WinSCP in Commands menu. There you can enter createlog command and the log should be ready for you (you may want to refresh folder contents to see it).

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post
                              kszaq Simple question, is there a way to connect two MXQ's adhoc, possibly other devices, err like my bargain WD Live TV box? I'm worried that I won't have any internet at some point in the future! The WD box is working out well with the MXQ streaming to the WD in my bedroom from BluRay file discs on the MXQ in the living room. I would just use my backup MXQ in the bedroom, yes I have another one after my last experience of deep fried chips (!), but for most files the WD offers superior playback especially as the TV in my bedroom is bigger (42").

I won't mention the CS / ION thing at the mo as we'll see but if it doesn't happen then it might be worth trying the vid playback hacks to see if they have any real effect.

PatrickJB Thanks for the footer, it makes things clearer. From the top of my head... the easiest way would be connecting your devices with ethernet cable and setting static IPs. You may also get a cheap router - like Xiaomi for $15 - and make a network without internet connection. I've never tried connecting my devices with ad-hoc network, I don't know f that's easily obtainable in OE...

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                                Like PatrickJB said, Kodi log is not enough when it's about kernel/hardware issues. You can open terminal (command line) in WinSCP in Commands menu. There you can enter createlog command and the log should be ready for you (you may want to refresh folder contents to see it).

PatrickJB Thanks for the footer, it makes things clearer. From the top of my head... the easiest way would be connecting your devices with ethernet cable and setting static IPs. You may also get a cheap router - like Xiaomi for $15 - and make a network without internet connection. I've never tried connecting my devices with ad-hoc network, I don't know f that's easily obtainable in OE...
                                Ah! Yes that's what I thought, I tried the wifi router thing years back to connect two device and it didn't happen but that's me not being that clever! I'm sure there is a way, but I think I though away a wifi router 6 months ago! Thanks anyway, fingers crossed CS gets the ION thing working in the future and then I won't need networking.

Comment

Working...
                                X