X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pravsovet View Post

With my windows PC ping is OK.
    MXQ box: ping: bad address 'ott.local'. But with IP ping is OK.
    There is nothing in the log because I've edit TV playlist replacing name on IP adress.. With IP adress IPTV works.
    Please verify that your Windows computer and box use the same DNS server. You can also try using ott (without ".local" suffix) or adding hostname to hosts.conf file in Configuration folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tharmor View Post

I already tried that......copied the tar in update folder......but it failed........i tried it using 6.0.3.1 and it failed with errors.........will try from 6.0.3.4 and update you........
      Can someone help.....not able to get the latest build installed not getting it updated using tar file !! Thanks......

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post

First try to select SPDIF output instead of Analog in Kodi settings. If this doesn't resolve your issue, please carefully read the first post in this thread to see what you need to do to get further help.
        i tried spdif for v03 still no sound unless i did what i had too. um when i power it off it just turn to a black screen seems like its sleep but when i hit the power button it reboot up. i tried to look in the first page to solve the sound problem i couldn't find nothing. I don't know hat I'm doing just following direction to get to where I'm at now. i don't know what file do what or post change log. one thing i know for fact is if u flash with the wrong file ur box will brick and i know that much. wish i can i be more of an help but i will be getting u a 6 pack of beer on my next check. thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tharmor View Post

Can someone help.....not able to get the latest build installed not getting it updated using tar file !! Thanks......
          I've only done it NAND way is tar better a better way of doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by smilez View Post
            i tried spdif for v03 still no sound unless i did what i had too. um when i power it off it just turn to a black screen seems like its sleep but when i hit the power button it reboot up. i tried to look in the first page to solve the sound problem i couldn't find nothing. I don't know hat I'm doing just following direction to get to where I'm at now. i don't know what file do what or post change log. one thing i know for fact is if u flash with the wrong file ur box will brick and i know that much. wish i can i be more of an help but i will be getting u a 6 pack of beer on my next check. thanks!!
            A few tips then:
            1. Try using different HDMI cable.
            2. Check if the same happens on Android - this might be a hardware fault as noone reported that kind if issue before.
            3. My builds are currently safe to flash and won't brick your device: there is no bootloader nor recovery to flash, replacing which may result in a brick. But in your case I think there is no point in trying another build if everything else works.
            4. If you don't have that issue with Android and another cable, please do the following: turn on your box (when there's no sound), replug HDMI to make sound work and immediately after collect logs. You can read how to do this in first post.

I can't promise your issue will be resolved fast as I'm away from tomorrow.

Comment

Pulse Audio is working great with Bluetooth audio devices like headphones now just tested. You have to just go into system settings and switch the audio output. It would be cool if it auto switched based on if there was an external audio output device connected or not.

Edit : There is already a neat solution here :

It has a little popup each time you play anything that lets you pick HDMI or bluetooth headphones...Its working perfectly here.
              Last edited by sammaz; 03-24-2016, 08:35.

Comment

I can't seem to get reboot from Nand working. I've 6.0.3.5 on nand and 6.95.1 on Sd. Kszaq's release notes say that aml autoscript needs to be reapplied but this must be the bit I'm getting wrong.

I have tried a simple reboot from nand and sd card openelec opens. I've tried toothpick and sd card openelec opens. I've extracted and copied the aml autoscript to my sd card, overwriting the original and still sd card openelec starts when I reboot from nand. The same if I toothpick with the new aml autoscript.

PatrickJB, I note you've said it works. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong? There's no urgency as I'm more than happy with either version and I'm capable of removing a sd card but I'd just love to know what I'm missing.

Comment

Originally posted by sonofdibnah View Post
                  I can't seem to get reboot from Nand working. I've 6.0.3.5 on nand and 6.95.1 on Sd. Kszaq's release notes say that aml autoscript needs to be reapplied but this must be the bit I'm getting wrong.

I have tried a simple reboot from nand and sd card openelec opens. I've tried toothpick and sd card openelec opens. I've extracted and copied the aml autoscript to my sd card, overwriting the original and still sd card openelec starts when I reboot from nand. The same if I toothpick with the new aml autoscript.

PatrickJB, I note you've said it works. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong? There's no urgency as I'm more than happy with either version and I'm capable of removing a sd card but I'd just love to know what I'm missing.
                  I'm not techie like K, but the SD card version will always boot if the card is inserted. I don't think the reboot from Nand option is there to allow you to bypass the SD card boot I think it has more to do with simply allowing people to reboot as the other reboot option doesn't work. Also, and remember I don't know that much, I think the auto script will always look for the SD and if it's inserted then the box will always boot from the card regardless.

My MXQ is running 6.95.1 from Nand and seems to be working fine so I think it would be safe for you to install it to Nand. I was running 6.0.3.5 from Nand before.

Comment

I decided to take one more look here before I leave today. PatrickJB the option is indeed intended to boot a ROM from NAND, whether it's Android or OpenELEC. Troubleshooting tips:
                    1. Put the "latest edition" of aml_autoscript on your SDCard from here: http://s805.eu/releases/boot_from_sd..._from_nand.zip
                    2. To re-apply it, use toothpick. Your box will boot from SD card but you should be able to reboot from NAND afterwards.
                    3. If rebooting from NAND doesn't work, verify that new uenv variables were saved:
                      • execute fw_printenv bootfromsd in shell to verify that the new u-boot command was saved - you'll get an error if it wasn't
                      • execute rebootfromnand command and see if there are any errors

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
                      the option is indeed intended to boot a ROM from NAND, whether it's Android or OpenELEC.[/list]
                      OK, I think I understand, so the option will force the box to ignore SD card boot, when the card is inserted, and boot from Nand? And say you have Android on Nand rebooting from it will load whatever is on SD card, if inserted? Or am I getting more confused?

I think my age is showing!

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickJB View Post
                        OK, I think I understand, so the option will force the box to ignore SD card boot, when the card is inserted, and boot from Nand? And say you have Android on Nand rebooting from it will load whatever is on SD card, if inserted? Or am I getting more confused?

I think my age is showing!
                        Hohhhhh! And I am 62 YO! What an headache!

Comment

Originally posted by vn800art View Post

Hohhhhh! And I am 62 YO! What an headache!
                          Think I should just start basket weaving!

Comment

I'll take a look at trying the LATEST version of the aml autoscript later when I can have sole access to my telly. I think it was LATEST that I was getting wrong. I'll post results when I have them.

It's Interesting how my question has opened up the understanding because when I read PatrickJB's answer, I thought he was right. That Kszaq answered is a mark of the man. I hope he has a good break, he deserves it and if he reads this before he gets back, I hope he won't admit to it!

My understanding of what should happen with the new autoscript in place (using Patrick's example, not my setup). NAND = android, SD = Openelec. Sd card inserted at all times.

In android, reboot from NAND = android.
                            In android, plain reboot =openelec (because of the inserted SD card)

In openelec, reboot from NAND = android (ignoring the SD card).
                            In openelec, plain reboot = openelec (because of the Sd card).

At 60 myself , I think I'd be a basket weaver if it wasn't for all this stuff. I find it fascinating.

Comment

Yep, it's exactly as I put in the post above. No more standing up and walking to the box to remove the SD card!

Comment

Yep, it's exactly as I put in the post above. No more standing up and walking to the box to remove the SD card!
                                Well I feel a bit better, but I'm still thinking about the basket weaving!

Glad it worked out for you sonofdibnah, and of course good work from K yet again.

Now where was I...

Comment

Working...
                                X