This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks kszaq
    I will leave it on for a while next time and let you know the outcome. I did leave it for about 2 to 3 minutes but i will leave it longer.

I also had this freeze happen when copying a backup to the storage backup from a USB stick using file manager.
    Again i unplugged box and box booted up and when i went to file manager i noticed the file was significantly smaller which confirmed it did not
    copy all files.

I have tried and tested this with 3 different devices and both arm and hd18q versions of rom And it has happened
    to all of them. So it is not a one off on a single box.

Hope this makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by kszaq View Post
      Codesnake's new decoder is still a WIP and not ready to use: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9432
      For stutter/judder, I recently got some tips from Sam Nazarko @ OSMC that may help in resolving that a little. I'll post a test build with Sam's suggestions later today for you to test. .
      It's worth a go but only as long as it doesn't get too complicated for you, obviously the new decoder should just drop in when ready so there's no point changing too much code just for fussy me!

Anyway, welcome back and I hope you had a fun time!

Comment

Hello kszaq

I am using OpenElec 6.95.1.1 HD18Q on my MXV S805 box, and I am very happy with it .
        Although MXV S805 is not in the list of supported boxes, it is working perfectly LAN, WIFI, CEC, reboot to NAND and remote control (after replacing remote.conf file), except turn on from remote, but it don't work even with original Android firmware anyway, so no problem.
        What is not working in OpenElec is Bluetooth, and it works with Android. It would be a bonus if it could also work.

Following is the link where the factory firmware can be found:

Do you think you could make bluetooth work in this box?

Thanks a lot for your great job!

Comment

Originally posted by mwp1 View Post
          Hello kszaq

I am using OpenElec 6.95.1.1 HD18Q on my MXV S805 box, and I am very happy with it .
          Although MXV S805 is not in the list of supported boxes, it is working perfectly LAN, WIFI, CEC, reboot to NAND and remote control (after replacing remote.conf file), except turn on from remote, but it don't work even with original Android firmware anyway, so no problem.
          What is not working in OpenElec is Bluetooth, and it works with Android. It would be a bonus if it could also work.

Following is the link where the factory firmware can be found:

Do you think you could make bluetooth work in this box?

Thanks a lot for your great job!
          Can you please post a log collected after a fresh boot?

Comment

K hi
            What ways are there to buy u a beer except PayPal?

Comment

Sure, I will do that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by kostaman View Post

Hi again
                I do remember you posted this problem and i replied with advice on the version you have flashed.
                You have flashed OpenELEC-Amlogic.MXQ.arm-6.0.3.5 and you have the All Black MXQ.
                You have flashed the wrong version. You should have flashed the HD18Q version.
                I have an all black MXQ and use the MXQ arm version but i have a different remote to you.

You have to do a clean install.

I hope you understand what i am saying.
                no i did not flash with mxq.arm. i use hd18q NAND and not sure if thats a clean install i don't know any other way of installing it and the remote on the right of the picture u post doesn't work.
                Last edited by smilez; 03-30-2016, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by smilez View Post

no i did not flash with mxq.arm. i use hd18q NAND and not sure if thats a clean install i don't know any other way of installing it and the remote on the right of the picture u post doesn't work.
                  Just download this rom in link if you have the remote on the right in my post. http://s805.eu/releases/6.95.1.1/NAN...m-6.95.1.1.zip
                  1. Download zip file from link
                  2. Unpack downloaded file to a microSD card - there will be 4 files as a result: aml_autoscript,factory_update_param.aml, recovery.img and a zip file with an update.
                  3. Install ROM using "toothpick" method.

Comment

Hello @kszaq,
                    Following is the log collected after fresh boot. The Bluetooth was enabled in OpenELEC Settings-Services-Enable Bluetooth, but in Bluetooth screen the message is: Bluetooth is disabled.
                    After I disabled and re-enabled Bluetooth, and the message changed to: No Bluetooth adapter found.
                    I collect log after that too.
                    I hope that helps.
                    Thanks!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just download this rom in link if you have the remote on the right in my post. http://s805.eu/releases/6.95.1.1/NAN...m-6.95.1.1.zip
                      1. Download zip file from link
                      2. Unpack downloaded file to a microSD card - there will be 4 files as a result: aml_autoscript,factory_update_param.aml, recovery.img and a zip file with an update.
                      3. Install ROM using "toothpick" method.
                      remote still don't work with that file.

Comment

remote still don't work with that file.
                        now both of the remote in the picture don't work only my MX remote works.

Comment

OKAY.
                          You un packed the zip file. There was a folder after you un packed the zip file. Then you copied the 4 files and pasted them so as they were no longer in that folder. This is called to the root.
                          If you did not take them out of the fodler it did not flash properly.
                          Do it again. I recall this happened to me a while ago.

Comment

OKAY.
                            You un packed the zip file. There was a folder after you un packed the zip file. Then you copied the 4 files and pasted them so as they were no longer in that folder. This is called to the root.
                            If you did not take them out of the fodler it did not flash properly.
                            Do it again. I recall this happened to me a while ago.
                            it flashed. that i know how to do.

Comment

I'm going back to 6.0.3.5. so i can use one of the remote.

Comment

I'm going back to 6.0.3.5. so i can use one of the remote.
                                Very strange
                                I am sorry i cannot help further. I did have to flash a second time on one of my boxes when the remote did not work. Also make sure the box is not frozen. Did you try and work it with the Kodi Remote on your phone? Unplug and replug box as well before you give up. Im sorry i cannot help further but my boxes all work with remote you have.

Comment

Working...
                                X