I unbrick m8s HOW TO included - now i need firmware ROM M8S model: KCA-003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hipisxbit View Post

I backup rom for twrp from the new device name M8S n200c ( TWRP create folder k200/n200c). Restored this firmware on My old device works, but still no wifi and bluetoth. If you device works firmware n200c , try it if you want.
    Enyway for 2 days, i sent on back to my supiller old tv box, and new TV Box stay with me. I only have a problem because there is no root: /

Use yor twrp wipe cache, and restore form this backup ( all , system, data , boot etc. ). Maybe works for you.
    Friend, thank you again! It really works. I am sorry that your wifi is not working, This rom is perfect for my box. The only problem is that I cannot make the box to boot from the ROM, It only boot from the bootcard sd.
    LED is red and no remote control. Wifi is working but at once it stopped received data from google play allthough it showed good conenction and 5Mbps and the AP is in the next room. However ethernet is working good. Now I am considering if there is a chance to make it normal booting and remote contro or to send back to the seller. This firmware is good - rooted and google play work. It still strange that the sd card is not mounted for some reason allthough the box loaded from it.

Comment

I just managed to unbrick my mx3 m8s will post a how to video in next couple of days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So FYI i found a firmware which works perfect, i can flash as often as i want to:

n200-ota-20150307.zip
        (uploaded for u: https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads...0130313/2a7dc9 )

(please refer my older posts to check if you have EXACT the same PCB layout! else you maybe will brick your device!!)

Comment

I have a m8s tv box and is bricked the ligh is blue and any device detect it. Following this tutorial I can fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Skiller1212 View Post
            I have a m8s tv box and is bricked the ligh is blue and any device detect it. Following this tutorial I can fix it?
            I think yes. But first talke a photo you device PCB,and remonte controler. Show it here.

Comment

Originally posted by hipisxbit

I think yes. But first talke a photo you device PCB,and remonte controler. Show it here.

Enviado desde mi MI 3W mediante Tapatalk

Comment

My problem is the light is blue and any device detect the tv box

Comment

If light is blue, this is good.
                  You can try boot from SD card , with u-boot.bin and TWRP ( u-boot.bin must be for you device )

Download TWRP for m8N , and n200 form here : http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mlogic-devices
                  Copy first one to sd card and rename it to recovery.img

Then download my u-bootbins : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
                  and try in sequence each one of them ( copy to sd card and rename u-boot.bin.

Then put sd card, click av pin , power on , and after 5 second unclick av pin.

Try different combination , and tel me if device boot. If not tell me too.

Comment

Do you have stock rom for you device ?
                    Do yu know what model it is ? ( n200, n200c )

Comment

Originally posted by hipisxbit

Do you have stock rom for you device ?
                      Do yu know what model it is ? ( n200, n200c )
                      I don't know, I have tried all and nothing

Comment

The main problem is that any device detected the tv box I'm trying to reach an agreement with the seller to give me back part of the money

Comment

OK People after a weekend of trying different roms ETC I managed to unbrick my MX3 M8s without shorting pins etc. I made a video as there wasn't much around and other post have helped me find my way to t a solution . So I hope this works for some people. Watch the video first then if you think it can work for you give it ago. let me know feedback . Its not very professional as I filmed on an iphone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_fMCUXwF4Q

Merry xmas to all . Hope you get your box working agai
                          n.

Files required, including stock ROM - https://www.adrive.com/public/XxjkFp...ick%20File.zip
                          Its a large file so watch the video first.

Comment

Here is :
                            1. Amlogic boot card maker - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
                            2. autoboot.zip - em9 img firmware + burning ini - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing
                            3. Stane_20150204-eny_m9.zip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8u...ew?usp=sharing

Download all and unzip.

Create boot sd card :
                            Find 1-2 gb sc card and put in to card reader , connect to pc usb.
                            Run Amlogic boot card maker, chose drive letter your sd card , select u-boot.bin from unpacked autoboot.zip - create bootable sd card.
                            Copy files from autoboot to sd card root directory : aml_upgrade_package.img, u-boot.bin, and aml_sdc_burn.ini - from new_autorom folder

Next :
                            1. Put hdmi cable
                            2. put sd card into device
                            3. holding the av pin
                            4. power on
                            You should now upload to the software. The LED should blink. if not , try a few times. If this does not help, you should use the method of short NAND pins . I used play dough and needles I put the post with play dough to keep the needle
                            Next :
                            1. Put hdmi cable
                            3. holding the av pin
                            4. power on

Now he must upload software. When finished it will restart and begin to start.
                            Do not worry if the software itself will load and TV box does not start to an end , it will blink Launcher window - loop .
                            Then turn off the power.
                            Take your SD card , delete files on the PC with the exception of u- boot.bin , this file needs to be ,and copy the files of unpacked Stane_20150204-eny_m9.zip
                            Next :

1. Put hdmi cable
                            3. holding the av pin
                            4. power on

You should now upload to the software. If not you are in recovery mode , and flash manual update from sdcard - eny_m9-ota-20150204.zip
                            This firmware works - but no wifi , and 4gb memory only.

If anyone can improve the translation , please send me a message
                            Hi, I was try your way but my M8S still can not turn on to install the firmware It's no led now, I can connect it with USB Burning Tool but it can not install any ROM. Please let me know what should I do now? I have some boxes M8S have this problem and I want to resolved by myself, if not, I need send back for guarantee.
                            My steps:
                            1. Put HDMI cable
                            2. Put SD card into M8S (SD card have been create "u-boot.bin" from "AUTOROM folder" with SDCard Maker and copy 3 files: aml_upgrade_package.img, u-boot.bin, and aml_sdc_burn.ini - from new_autorom folder in to it)
                            3. Holding the AV pin and short NAND pins 17-18 (like on the picture)
                            4. Power on

But nothing on the screen and the LED is still turn off. I was try with more M8S and have same result. What I was failed in my steps?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by hieuhienvn View Post
                              Hi, I was try your way but my M8S still can not turn on to install the firmware It's no led now, I can connect it with USB Burning Tool but it can not install any ROM. Please let me know what should I do now? I have some boxes M8S have this problem and I want to resolved by myself, if not, I need send back for guarantee.
                              My steps:
                              1. Put HDMI cable
                              2. Put SD card into M8S (SD card have been create "u-boot.bin" from "AUTOROM folder" with SDCard Maker and copy 3 files: aml_upgrade_package.img, u-boot.bin, and aml_sdc_burn.ini - from new_autorom folder in to it)
                              3. Holding the AV pin and short NAND pins 17-18 (like on the picture)
                              4. Power on

But nothing on the screen and the LED is still turn off. I was try with more M8S and have same result. What I was failed in my steps?
                              WHY YOU SHORT PINS 17-18 ?? DO YOU HAVE NAND (SK Hynix H27UCG8T2ETR BC) ???

Comment

WHY YOU SHORT PINS 17-18 ?? DO YOU HAVE NAND (SK Hynix H27UCG8T2ETR BC) ???
                                I have the same box with Hynix. I can reboot it with short pins and TWRP k200 (renamed as recovery) on SD card, but I canĀ“t load img or zip files into restore or install tab. "unable to mount cache", system and data message when I flash it.. Why? a wrong u-boot.bin? I tried with u-boot from last working firmware, and new version with I brick it, without success.
                                Hieuhienvv, short pins NAND works to me in the same position but in the left side of your picture. Sometimes I had to try 3-5 times to works.
                                Regards.
                                Last edited by CPYM_CL; 12-24-2015, 04:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X