No announcement yet.

UPDATE - Marschmallow - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pitty for sound, because everything elsee work excellent. But i doubt, that Ugoos will release android 7 for RK3288 chipset. Thanks anyway for help.

Comment

Hi,

i updated from a good old 2.x version of wasser firmware but now i got no hdmi passthrough for DTS/AC3.

Could somone please tell me what i need to do to get sound working ?
      i set in normal android settings to hdmi bitsream audio device and in rkmc i enabled passthrough. Or is some other mediacenter like spmc or kodi better ?

bets regards,
      Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by FunThomas View Post
        Hi,

i updated from a good old 2.x version of wasser firmware but now i got no hdmi passthrough for DTS/AC3.

Could somone please tell me what i need to do to get sound working ?
        i set in normal android settings to hdmi bitsream audio device and in rkmc i enabled passthrough. Or is some other mediacenter like spmc or kodi better ?

bets regards,
        Thomas
        You need to downgrade to Lollipop to have working pass-through.
        Or wait for Nougat firmware that will be released for some RK3288 devices in a few weeks.
        There are audio bugs in early RK3288 Marshmallow firmware that was only fixed in *L/M Marshmallow versions from Dec-Feb 2017.
        You can check the build.prop file to see the build info, Marshmallow version and the letter it ends in.
        I think it will be 'K'.

Comment

thanx for the fast response

Do you know what version of wasser 4.x was the latest working for hdmi passthrough ?

is it possible to find out without flashing the image and watch the build.prop ?

Comment

Originally posted by FunThomas View Post
            thanx for the fast response

Do you know what version of wasser 4.x was the latest working for hdmi passthrough ?

is it possible to find out without flashing the image and watch the build.prop ?
            I have no idea, but think there should definitely be an older version where it worked.
            The only way is to test and flash all of them or go back to Lollipop and then know for sure it will work.

Comment

ok thanx

edit:

with wasser 3.0.6 i have problems with stuttering in playback and then switching audio from dolby digital to stereo without sound
              i think the best way is to throw this crappy hw away and buy some better new one with better fw support for high quality audio in kodi
              Last edited by FunThomas; 05-22-2017, 12:52.

Comment

Hi, I want to port your rom wasser 6.0 to rk902II I just need to change led and tv remote, where are those files? thank you very much

Enviado desde mi ZTE A2017U mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Hi

So finally I upgraded my old original firmware to this one (4.0.11)
                  - My config: Beelink R89 to Yamaha RX-677 with 5.1 speakers and 4K low-end TV (TCL), ethernet on CPL
                  - New Kodi to replace my old XBMC, so nice!
                  - But no passthrough through HDMI anymore :-(
                  - I purchased a SPDIF optical cable and got 5.1 back. Config needed: passthrough SPDIF in Android setup, Kodi audio: 2.0, passthrough AC3, DTS and transcode
                  - So now AC3, DTS and AAC any channel work with expected channels
                  - Some glitches: screen goes black 3 seconds and back. Solved by removing : "adapt sync etc." (?)

But good experience overall! Thanks Wasser.

Comment

If someone is still using this forum. Can you please help me. How do I upgrade the firmware? I can't seem to be able to get into the recovery mode. When I try, i just get black screen and a red ring on the box. I am using ubox 4k r89

Comment

There lots of videos on line you tube. But making sure drivers installed and that your pressing the rest switch and holding when plugging into usb port for flashing.

Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Thank you Scooter, that video was awesome. Now I'm running android 6.0 and Kodi 17.3, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                          There lots of videos on line you tube. But making sure drivers installed and that your pressing the rest switch and holding when plugging into usb port for flashing.

https://youtu.be/6A_-ataMLus
                          Scooter, what about updating S905 chipsets or older chipsets, NOT rockchips sets (I would never buy rockchip boxes for several reasons) however I would love to be able to update Amlogic S805 & Amlogic S905 & S905-X chipsets if possible & thank you in advance for your knowledge

Comment

Its the same process but you will use amilogic burning tool but pressing holding reset pretty much same process.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenGirl View Post

Scooter, what about updating S905 chipsets or older chipsets, NOT rockchips sets (I would never buy rockchip boxes for several reasons) however I would love to be able to update Amlogic S805 & Amlogic S905 & S905-X chipsets if possible & thank you in advance for your knowledge
                              Will this help??

Get the burning tool from here: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-amlogic-usb-burning-tool-v2-0-8.htmlAndroid TV ROM for this box:http://freaktab.com/f...
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hello to you al, I Richard from holland I use this firmware on the ugoos cx998 a rebranded sunchip box and it works perfectly no video frame glitch.
                                I want to ask wasser wy I can not switch to 4k resolution I can see it and select it but it does not work it only stay in 1080p that the highest resolution I can select in this wonderfull firmware I have a 4 panasonic tv so I like to switch to 4k. .
                                Thanks for your effort on this forum.
                                I fixed it it was a bad hdmi cable
                                Last edited by astromar99; 07-07-2017, 16:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X