No announcement yet.

UPDATE - Marschmallow - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried to update the rom of my Tronsmart R28 Meta box from wasser 2.09a to the version 4.0.11 and used the rkflashkit software running on my Linux PC.
    To convert the downloaded wasser 4.0.11 file to the different images for this programm, I used the rk-tools "img_unzip" and "afptools".
    According to the messages of the rkflashkit programm, loading of the different images was successful.
    After the first reboot of the box, the LED in the power-on button is slowly switching between red and blue.
    On my monitor the upper half of the sceen remains black, lhe lower half is cyan.
    This state doesn't change for more than one hour, but when I tried to reboot, only the black/cyan screen appears.

I'm sure, I made a mistake in my upgrade process, but don't know, how to recover from there.
    Any help from the experts is welcome, I'm still a beginner, but fascinated by the capabilities of the box and the expertice, enthusiasm and support of the rom developers.

Comment

Two addtion to my previous post:

a) for my updage procedure I followed this explanation:

b) before flashing the internal memory, I tried also a version from SD card (downloaded from freaktab.com too), but with same result.

Comment

I think that you forgot to flash new RK3288 Loader (so colled bootloader).

It might be better to use update_tool which will flash whole img file without extracting its parts. Look here. Make "low format" first.
        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
        bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Gormar
          It can turn to professionals so that they made a stable image of Android 7.1.1.
          If you notice that all the other people build other collectors rather than Wasser.
          Wasser only modify the firmware that has a very good.
          I understand correctly you need to present the developer did on Android 7.1.1 firmware and Wassers assign a name, so he always does.

Comment

@User_RU. It is hard for me to understand what you wrote. Even so I have some idea but I think it is pointless too discuss this topic with you because of your insufficient knowledge about developing firmware for any ARM device.

Or maybe I am wrong. Prove me wrong. If you can find any firmware based on Android 7.1.1 working on RK3288 platform (tablet or TV Box) then we could discuss this topis further. In the mean time you can complain on FireFly developers forum that they didn't release even Android Marshmallow ROM. Don't ask them about Nougat yet or they will be furious .
            RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
            Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Gormar: thanks a lot for your immediate reply, including the link to the firefly wiki. After installing RK-flashtool on a Win7 notebook, I only had to select the image file and all other steps were processed on it's own. Now my Tronsmart R28 runs with an Android version 6 and i discovered a lot of improvements, compared to my former version.

Comment

Gormar All of you are right.
                It's just that many people had the impression that the Wasser is the developer and at the Wasser firmware upgrades.
                Do not tell how to do so from the remote worked Tronsmart R28 Meta Wasser 4.0.11

Comment

User_RU. I'm not always aware what other people think. If they do not have enough knowlege they can even imaging that one man can write entire Android system by himself .
                  For me it is clear that one developer can only access source code made by whole team(s) of people like Google's AOSP or some of its modifications like CyanogenMod, RemixOS, etc and make some minor adjustments to it. In my opinion this is exactly Wasser's case.

Even so there isn't known to me Android ROM for RK3288 SoC TV BOX (or even tablet) based on Marshmallow with security updates till 1 October other than this ROM. That's enough for me to say that Wasser is the best .

Comment

awaiting for the version 4.0.12 especially the fixes for the network speed monitoring...
                    discovered 1 glitch not sure it's the FB Messenger error of the firmware as 1 day discover my R89 unit hitting >100 degree cpu core temperature and fb messenger use the highest cpu at that moment...

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                      @User_RU.If you can find any firmware based on Android 7.1.1 working on RK3288 platform (tablet or TV Box).
                      I found
                      http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=6550 RK3288: LineageOS has landed on rk32board ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
                        http://crewrktablets.arctablet.com/?p=6550 RK3288: LineageOS has landed on rk32board ;-)
                        Strange thing but I cannot find any feedback about this firmware. Not even one post on theirs forum. And why the wink?

Besides, one thing which I previously tried to convey was that similar feat isn't job for one person but whole crew (at least two: Oma and Netlars who prepared kernel).

Comment

Perhaps somebody will try it out and give some feedback.

Certainly looks interesting.

Update: Downloading it to have a look, it is aimed at the Pipo P9 tablet, so may not be of much use to the R89 in it's present form but might be useful for somebody to further mod.
                          Last edited by bluesmanuk; 01-12-2017, 18:51.
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

It is necessary to test for Android 7.1.1 on RK3288

Comment

Originally posted by User_RU View Post
                              It is necessary to test for Android 7.1.1 on RK3288
                              Are you going to test and give you feedback?
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Ill download and test on the mk902ii. Downloading 7.1.1 ill test out see if it even boots on mk. Russian google translate lol....
                                Last edited by scooter2014; 01-13-2017, 18:04.
                                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X