UPDATE - Marschmallow - Wasser Firmware for Beelink R89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
    That's another option. But I think those solution are only needed for apps which doesn't follow MM guidance for SD card write rights.

The good of these latest posts here, discussing about it, it´s to recognize that there is a real "restriction" here that makes that some people still prefer LP firmwares instead of this newest wasser MM; but either what it´s your choice, this overcome the problem, the solution is reachable. Having installed xposed I personally prefer the app "marsmallow SD fix - root" because it´s application selectable and you can revert easily the permission if you like it, leaving the system untouched; and the most important, this app it´s working wonderfully with wasser MM. So, knowing how brilliant it´s wasser developing these roms sure he can implement a "swicht" to grant permissions to all of the applications to write to external storage o can be reverted when required, i.e adding into "Developer options" this feature.

I don't use any of that. For example Sopcats "latest" version 1.2.8 is from 4th February 2015. More that three months before MM introduction.
    Acestream is another subject because it seems to be updated after MM was released. Even so it doesn't ask for permission when I choose SD card/USB drive for its cache directory destination. But personally I would use RAM memory to cache streamed torrents. 512MB should be plenty to do so. I have modified /mnt/obb directory with write rights to apps and I download files there which are smaller than 1GB (preferably 600-700MB).
    Similar to writen above can be the choice to let the P2P apps to write to RAM or chose to write to external storage; opposite to you I prefer to write to external storage and leave the RAM discharged of this task. And It´s clear that these apps are as it´s now, outdated with regards to MM policy in this matter, but overcoming the restriction with the solution discussed there is not a problem after apply the fixes. Kodi users that have been using safely these P2P & plexus addon know how good are the live streams, 720p and 1080p, using this technlogy; for me this is important and it´s weighting a lot to chose the firmware to be installed in the TV Box, this is not a minor item.
    Regarding to sopcast, the full working version is v1.1.0 which is much older that the version from feb/2015 (v1.2.8 and v1.2.4 do not work), however it´s the version that works in wasser MM.

Comment

Originally posted by alim View Post
      Tronsmart Orion r28 Meta
      Wasser Version 4.0.10

1. Tronsmart remote works.
      2. Using MX Player 1.8.8 with NEON, picture quality is much better.

Thank you.
      I have a Tronsmart Meta on wasser 4.0.10.

Can't get the stock remote to work properly. Only the minus volume key works and it only sleeps and wakes the unit. All the other keys don't do anything. Ran it though a key tester to confirm that those keys did nothing.

I have a couple Logitech media keyboards (k400 and K830) that don't work properly on any build, even the Tronsmart stock builds. The enter key registers as a screen tap/mouse click and I used a key test app to confirm this. My standard wired keyboards don't have this issue. Also, the windows key is defaults as a sleep/wake key which is a little weird.

Couldn't detect my 5GHz wifi. I'm pretty sure I got it to work on a previous build. Don't remember it ever working in Marshmallow.

Have Xposed framework installed, so that's a plus.

Otherwise, solid build.

Comment

Originally posted by iamsamsamiam View Post

I have a Tronsmart Meta on wasser 4.0.10.

Can't get the stock remote to work properly. Only the minus volume key works and it only sleeps and wakes the unit. All the other keys don't do anything. Ran it though a key tester to confirm that those keys did nothing.

I have a couple Logitech media keyboards (k400 and K830) that don't work properly on any build, even the Tronsmart stock builds. The enter key registers as a screen tap/mouse click and I used a key test app to confirm this. My standard wired keyboards don't have this issue. Also, the windows key is defaults as a sleep/wake key which is a little weird.

Couldn't detect my 5GHz wifi. I'm pretty sure I got it to work on a previous build. Don't remember it ever working in Marshmallow.

Have Xposed framework installed, so that's a plus.

Otherwise, solid build.
        if you'll upload the resource.img from wasser build, I'll modify it for you and tronsmart IR will work

Comment

Originally posted by iamsamsamiam View Post

For the enter key press and hold Function key first to work.

Comment

Does anyone else have this problem? With Wasser's ROMs (lollipop and marschmallow), play services stops working (it crashes constantly) which means any app dependent on it, especially pro/paid apps, will crash upon startup too. If anyone else has had this problem and found a fix for it I hope they share.

Comment

The latest wasser 4.0.10 firmware causing most of those Network Traffic Monitoring apps not showing the network traffic

Comment

Originally posted by STEVEN CHAN View Post
                The latest wasser 4.0.10 firmware causing most of those Network Traffic Monitoring apps not showing the network traffic
                It is strange but I just checked "Network Traffic Monitoring" app from Play Store and it seems to do similar thing what Android system sometimes does (at least it was in Lollipop) to monitor application network traffic. But I cannot find such statistics in Wasser's latest Marshmallow ROM. That might be why these apps don't work correctly.
                Last edited by Gormar; 11-17-2016, 07:02.
                RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by Tarwin View Post
                  With Wasser's ROMs (lollipop and marschmallow), play services stops working (it crashes constantly) (...)
                  If I recall correctly I might have such a problem with one of the Wasser's Lollipop ROMs. I'm not completely sure but I think that one application could had something to do with that. Try to uninstall non essential apps.
                  Right now my Android Box is almost rock solid. Only from time to time (once a week) after very intense use (i.e. copying file between internal memory and SD card while fast downloading to RAM from network) I sometimes see pink dots filling whole screen and then system freeze and restart. But as you can see from my "signature" below I have quite unusual overclocking settings. It is calculated risk.

On the side note: Do you have Beelink R89 device? Which revision?
                  RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                  Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar
                    It is strange but I just checked "Network Traffic Monitoring" app from Play Store and it seems to do similar thing what Android system sometimes does (at least it was in Lollipop) to monitor application network traffic. But I cannot find such statistics in Wasser's latest Marshmallow ROM. That might be why these apps don't work correctly.
                    Internet meter lite works if that helps

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, this is the error from this rom as checked it's not reported by others normal phone users regarding the apps feedback, checked with all other traffic monitoring tools and only found 1 able to show the traffic but the app itself got stability issue on the Draw Overlay so it's not recommended, then the 3C Toolbox network able to capture the traffic but too bad the app only have Widget but don't have Floating capabilities which is crucial for network traffic monitoring purpose (mostly require to be visible all the time during full screen video streaming to observe the any connectivity issue and connection speed/performance)

Then another issue would be the OTG USB port (at the R89 back) not functioning with the 2.4G remote control dongle, previous Lollipop rom don't facing this issue. The only solution for now is plug the dongle into the side USB port at the R89.

Observation for this rom so far so good, the response is fast and overall performance seem really improved compare with Lollipop rom. Thanks Wasser for all the hard work done

Comment

Originally posted by LawlessPPC View Post

Internet meter lite works if that helps

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
                        can you give the exact play store link, as there's soo many apps for network traffic

Comment

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.internet.speed.meter.lite&hl=en_GB
                          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Nope, this confirmed not working, it will only show 0 KB/s all the time same behavior as most of the network traffic monitor apps.

Below the ONLY app that able to have floating display that able to showing the traffic, BUT too bad it conflict with the Draw Overlay function as well if NOT WORKING when you close the app.

Comment

I'm afraid that it will only work with WiFi and mobile connections .

Comment

Hi All, marschmallow wasser firmware version 4.0.11 is released. For more infos, please take a look at the first post.
                                Enjoy and please don't forget to post feedbacks!

Thanks
                                Wasser

http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Working...
                                X