No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some time to update to v115, and while I like the new interface, v115 unfortunately has the same brightness issue as v109 and older. Picture starts out darker (Full/PC 0-255) then once a 4k video is played, the brightness increases (Limited/TV16-235). That is a deal breaker for me, so I'm going back to Megabox's v112. Megabox has a 4K bootup screen which automatically changes the brightness level so it won't change after playing a 4K video.

Also, Playstore is a newer version, but it's still not the latest version.
    Last edited by rahzel; 08-04-2017, 18:11.

Comment

Also they have taken out the default internet browser which I love.

Comment

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
        Got some time to update to v115, and while I like the new interface, v115 unfortunately has the same brightness issue as v109 and older. Picture starts out darker (Full/PC 0-255) then once a 4k video is played, the brightness increases (Limited/TV16-235). That is a deal breaker for me, so I'm going back to Megabox's v112. Megabox has a 4K bootup screen which automatically changes the brightness level so it won't change after playing a 4K video.

Also, Playstore is a newer version, but it's still not the latest version.
        Hey buddy. Can I please have a link for megabox v112 firmware? I searched for it and I couldn't find it. Also, is slow wifi fixed on that firmware? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rwayboy View Post

Hey buddy. Can I please have a link for megabox v112 firmware? I searched for it and I couldn't find it. Also, is slow wifi fixed on that firmware? Thanks.
          hi, it should be the one posted here

Comment

Sorry I didn't see your message. Yes you can download it from that link that etoy posted.

I haven't had poor wifi on these boxes since like v106 or even earlier... wifi has been fixed a long time ago. There are some boxes that simply have poor wifi performance and the firmware will only help a bit.

I have switched back to v115. v112 has its own set of issues. Play store doesn't update, and the onscreen keyboard doesn't work half the time in chrome. v115 doesn't include the latest play store, but I managed to install the latest from apkmirror. And the keyboard works 100% of the time.

The only issue with v115 is the brightness problem I mentioned earlier.

BTW, there hasn't been a flashable img version of v115 until I found member AZW post it here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...inim8sii_rv115

This way you don't need twrp.

Comment

Sorry I didn't see your message. Yes you can download it from that link that etoy posted.

I haven't had poor wifi on these boxes since like v106 or even earlier... wifi has been fixed a long time ago. There are some boxes that simply have poor wifi performance and the firmware will only help a bit.

I have switched back to v115. v112 has its own set of issues. Play store doesn't update, and the onscreen keyboard doesn't work half the time in chrome. v115 doesn't include the latest play store, but I managed to install the latest from apkmirror. And the keyboard works 100% of the time.

The only issue with v115 is the brightness problem I mentioned earlier.

BTW, there hasn't been a flashable img version of v115 until I found member AZW post it here: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...inim8sii_rv115

This way you don't need twrp.
              How exactly did you install the new play store?

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post

How exactly did you install the new play store?
                Nothing special. I downloaded the latest version from apkmirror (8.1.73) and installed it with apkinstaller.

Comment

after have flashed v115 with Amlogic Burn Card Maker my tvbox won't power up....even the blue light doesn't power up

any ideas and solution? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lallo89 View Post
                    after have flashed v115 with Amlogic Burn Card Maker my tvbox won't power up....even the blue light doesn't power up

any ideas and solution? thanks
                    Try using USB Burning Tool. You can get a USB type-a male/male cable online for cheap.

Comment

Try using USB Burning Tool. You can get a USB type-a male/male cable online for cheap.
                      but to use usb burning tool, the tvbox must be power up...this is the problem....Mine not give sign of life

Comment

Originally posted by lallo89 View Post

but to use usb burning tool, the tvbox must be power up...this is the problem....Mine not give sign of life
                        It should get powered via USB-OTG once connected so it's definitely the best approach to try, short of shorting the pins

Comment

Hi, has anyone noticed that the eurosportplayer app does not work on this android box after the last update?

Comment

Has purple screen problem been solved?

Comment

I think no. A friend of mine updated his box to the latest version and it has an option that is fixing that problem but nothing happened to my friend's tv. Again he has purple screens. But he still connects his box with tv via hdmi. I don't know if he must use any other cable to connect them when you have enable the fix option.

Comment

What TV box do you suggest? I want to buy a new that works very well.

Comment

Working...
                                X