Purchased Xgody X96 2G/16G from ****.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thecomputerguy06 View Post
    Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far. I'm new to the forums but I've been a computerguy since installing Windoze 95 from floppy!
    I just purchased two X96 2g/16g boxes from newegg (sold by hengling) but I haven't received them yet.

I have read through all 9 pages of this thread and it seems like most problems I'm reading about come from flashing problems rather than native issues. I'm wondering first, why is there a need to flash the ROM?
    Will I be able to use Es Explorer to get root access in order to delete the bloatware and pre-installed kodi without flashing the ROM?

At this point, if I do have to flash, I'm not sure which ROM to use. Can someone "sticky" the ROM that is most agreed to work best on the X96? If there are different ROMs based on the various warehouses these things are manufactured in, maybe a sticky post with a handful of finalized ROMs and some info / how-to on each?

And lastly, just to be clear, am I reading correctly that the 2G/16G units actually only have 1G (scam)?

Thanks in advance. I hope to have something to contribute once my units arrive.

I found this thread in an attempt to find some info / how-to on upgrading to Nougat
    Unfortunately, it really depends on the hardware as to which is the best one

Comment

if its only for kodi you can go for a libreelec image

if you want to use other apps it doesn't realy matter wich version you got

Comment

but could somebody try a armbian or a libreelec from sd and see how many memory you see 1gigabyte or 2 gigabyte

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

LibreELEC 8.0 builds for Amlogic S905/S905D/S905X devices. Read this first: [HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device [URL:https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/5556-howto-faq-install-community-builds-on-s905-s905x-s912-device/]…

and it would also be great if somebody where the serial port is

Comment

I just got my X96 boxes. Got rid of the stock Kodi (KDMC) and loaded 17.3. It's so slow!!!!! I just want to use Kodi so I'm going to load LibreElec tonight. Looking for the most solid walkthrough. I have the 2g/16g and I'll let you know if that changes any

Comment

Working...
          X