Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] AlfaWise H96 PRO+ 3/32 and 3/16 - SCV2 ROM (DDR3 ONLY)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

you may need to short the pins in the nand, search the forum and you find some info.
    There are several pins to short, it changes from nand chip to nand chip... you need to find the correct ones.(i think i posted in beelink gt1 rom topic the more "known" ones)
    Let me jump on the wagon if I may... So if I flash your rom on a non branded H96 Pro Plus unit and it bricks
    I have to short some yet unknown pins inside the box to get it to work again? Seems like too much of a risk to take buying this box if i do want to flash it later

Comment

Well m8 i dont know if it bricks or not yours box!
      Some boxes come with flash problem from factory, i already got 3 like that(fixed flash correct bootloader using pin method), now if you dont want to brick you device dont flash it... you can brick it even if you have the "original" box!
      That is the risk of this world of flashing devices!

Comment

That is the risk of this world of flashing devices!
        Thank you for being so brutally honest
        To make reasoned decisions knowledge is a must.
        Last edited by CapH; 01-25-2017, 19:22.

Comment

Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
          Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
          Many Thks to my beta tester trebor

Changelog V1:
          • MIx of stock and new stuff.
          • Netflix, youtubeTV playstore...etc... fully working
          • Xbox360 wireless Gamepad, original and Chinese clones?!(well it works with my clone adapter...)
          • New Launcher.
          • Miracast working (check bugs below for how to make it work)
          • CPU/GPU temperature should be a lot better now!
          • Proper rooted.
          • Added CEC fix for remote control not working after power off/power on (sleep mode also) (Many thanks to catharsys for the debug and fix)
          • RGB Fix in settings
          • Working Screen Rotation in settings.
          • FTMC 16.1 Build 21
          • initd.d support.
          • Network tweaks. (On N networks bw around 30 to 44mbits, and on AC networks from 200 to 230mbits on cable well... from 500mbits to 948mbits) i have a 1Gb/100mbit connection!
          • Permissions fixed.
          • Sleep working, full poweroff also working.. but not the power on from full shutdown with the IR remote!
          • Kodi Brightness fix (videos...)
          • Brightness fix for the system, if you guys want more or less brightness simple go to "/system/etc/init.d" and edit the file "1brfix" and change the value in here (echo "10") save and on the next boot you have the value you put it. A small bug, the 1º time the box boots after flash, its not working it only start working after 1º reboot/shutdown.
          • Removed background logging.
          • CEC disabled by default.
          • Fixed auto frame switch in kodi. It only works on FTMC(included) SPMC 16.5.5, on kodi 16.1 doesn't work because is to old(misses a lot of fixes for the new S9xx devices), Kodi 17 its a it and miss this days!
          • Gapps Updated!
          • Added Xposed Framework
          • Other small fixes and optimizations!
          Bugs:
          • Power On from full shutdown not working with the remote
          • Home in setting to change the default launcher it crashes, use pop up for now!
          • Miracast only work if the box its connected to a N wifi network(it wont work on AC) and in Miracast setting change to SD resolution, and it should work but sometimes takes some tries.
          Want to buy me a beer?Download:Install instructions:
          • Use usb burning tool....
          • Watch out this box have 2 hidden usb ports and the OTG port or is the one near the power plug or the one near the ETH plug but that one is hidden....
          Where to buy:1º BOOT TAKES AROUND 6 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!
          Any chance you could include TWRP in your ROM? So we can flash updates when you release them without wiping all data or be able to make data backups through TWRP. Avoids the entire "pin in the hole" and possibly bricking the box using USB Burning Tool process.

Comment

if you convince abdul_pt to make one for it, i will use it
            I dont have the free time to test all roms twrp's...

Comment

Sorry for noob question but how do I install this rom . There are mentioned different metode but which one work proper. I've just got H96 pro plus box and are afraid off bricking it.

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

Comment

Heya,
                Thanks for the input. I search and googled for my NAND: samsung klmbg8fe4b-b001 with no luck( found pdf at datasheetspdf.com but no clue about pinout for chip).
                If anyone hears or sees info ...please share..too many hours searching in circles, LOL

Thanks,
                Reap

Comment

Hello,

I tried to install the ROM without success
                  The method I used is the SDCARD method
                  I put the SDCARD when the product is turned off
                  I pressed the reset button while the button is pressed iv'e connected the power
                  And nothing happened on TV

Unfortunately since then the product does not turn on
                  Neither on Connection to electricity and not via the remote control

What I do in this situation?

Comment

Heya,
                    I've have another 2 boxes (3 for family). Recognized an flashed with burn tool.
                    1. One box was recoginized and loaded up instantly.
                    2. Second box took 30+ tries (with a few breaks in between) and suddenly flashed.

They as so much better with superceleron's efforts **thank-you again.**

I should get more sleep
                    I placed all 4 packages on a table and had already benched marked them, 1 box(Gearbest) and 3 boxes(Fastech)
                    I realised....packaging and boxes all look the same and same factory firmware(uugh)...except Alfawise was stenciled from Gearbest .
                    It was one from the Fastech order that had bricked. I believe that the brick was the only one that when I returned usb stick or micro-sd card to windows, both, usb and micro-sd had to be checked for errors.

All benched with Antutu with default firmware. Alfawise 42200, other three 39000 ish. When I get more sleep and less time, I'll re-bench under new firmware and maybe open Alfawise to check quality/nand and heatsink.

That enough for the moment.
                    Reap

Comment

I have succesfully installed this rom with sd card method. However I have experienced when I turn box on after sleep mode I have to connect to WiFi everytime. Is it known bug because it is not mentioned on first page.

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

Comment

well since i dont have the bug that is why i dint add it to the 1º page!

Comment

well since i dont have the bug that is why i dint add it to the 1º page!
                          I also noticed a wifi related phenomenon that the box is not renewing the wireless connection after connection was lost.

I personally always leave the box turned on But I turn off the wireless router at night
                          And then I come back to use the box I have to manually connect to the wireless network Although the product see the ssid is being broadcast in the air.

Is there a permanent solution or workaround to this problem?

Comment

I will check in the next version if i can fix it, this is if i can reproduce it here!

Comment

I will check in the next version if i can fix it, this is if i can reproduce it here!
                              It would be great, thanks!

Comment

Heya,
                                Well more hours of search and test. I tried 29-30 pin short...risked info from http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry56561897
                                Took multiple swipes while holding reset and burn tool did recognize this "'China-Box" but firmware failed at 2%.
                                Will have to look for factory firmware....if I can make it recognize again.

Reap
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X