[ROM] Custom Sunvell T95Z Plus Amlogic S912 With 9377 WIFI Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tylerbing View Post
    Can anybody help. My t95U came with 0031 Rom and wifi is not working,supplier sent me a new rom 0009 and I flashed this and wifi is still not working.I tried this Rom in my t95u pro as it has the s912 with 2g/16g with the LTM8830. My wifi is back but now I lost the clock on the front. I am pretty sure this rom fixed the wifi and the clock issue , any suggestions? TIA and to superceleron and MartBios2k

Flash this firmware back on to your box

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by amhonra View Post
      I received mine and it comes with T5ZP0063, I flashed TWRP and did a backup before, IF somebody needs something from this backup please let me know

android 6.0.1
      3GB / 32 GB
      q200_9377_3G
      I just received the same unit with T5ZP0063 could you share any links for the TWRP that worked with the unit.

Thanks

Comment

So I installed this rom. Seems ok.

I have 1 question, 1 concern.

First you speak of modifying the wifi and that the 5 ghz is no good and you tweeked the 2.4. My question is about the 5ghz did you leave it the same as the source firmware?

Second, your firmware is installing netflix however if I want to install netflix on google play it states its not compatible with the device (my original T5ZP0031 firmware did not have that issue) Can that be resolved?

Also thanks for this.

James

Edit: I found a fix to my second question, I can just edit build.prop in root. Now I just need to know what device I should use.

Will this work? Im not looking to get netflix HD just the basic app. I know I can sideload it if it doesnt show on google play but I would like it to show on google play so it can auto update as Im setting this up for my parents.

Also on a side not any way I can change the KODI tile on the launcher? it used to say KODI now it says KD player and Ide like it to say KODI
        Last edited by 007; 05-09-2017, 21:50.

Comment

im looking firmware unrooted for t95z plus...anybody know?

Comment

I received mine and it comes with T5ZP0063, I flashed TWRP and did a backup before, IF somebody needs something from this backup please let me know

android 6.0.1
            3GB / 32 GB
            q200_9377_3G
            i need this fw please. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MartBiOs2k View Post

Yes I added an boot Image that represent the shape of our box and a kind of signature
              thanks
              Thanks for all Bro, hey take a look https://mega.nz/#F!xlwAmIrD!Dg_1Kqgl1Jp0eGB67fV7Cw this is the last version from gearbest, you make your custom firmware from this version or the version from gearbest is more new?

Regards

Comment

Regarding the wifi mod i've found a way to increase the range and signal strength further and stronger than the way you've done it. It is basically the exact same way as yours apart from 1 single part. Basically where the wifi cable joins the board, if you follow the trace back towards the wifi chip you'll see a resistor in place which needs to be removed as it tunes the signal to use the old stick on ariel . You can either remove it fully and solder across the pads or just solder over it as it'll stop it working anyway! I found once I did this it improved the quality and reliability of the signal as well as increased the signal that it saw on 5Ghz!

Originally posted by MartBiOs2k;n627174
                [SIZE=16px
                WIFI antenna upgrade MOD[/SIZE]

As you know, WIFI is not very good in this box, so I decide to boost it up to full performance.

Stock the t95z plus have a 1-3 dbi tape antenna that have about 1/3 stick on the side and 2/3 stick on the bottom of the plastic case.

So I ordered a SMA pigtail and a 7 dbi sma antenna (2.4GHz+5GHz)

I've un-soldered the original antenna to keep in case I want to revert my MOD. And soldered the SMA pigtail and drill a hole in the only side free of port and connector

WOW !!
                In 5GHz AC 433mbps @ 20 feets + 2 walls I'm at 92% signal quality compared to 58% with the original one.
                in 2.4GHz N 150mbps @ 20 feets + 2 walls I'm at 100% signal quality compared to 70% with the original one

Resulting no buffering with MKV and MP4 1080 over network share

Click image for larger version Name:	20170325_211149.jpg Views:	1 Size:	198.7 KB ID:	638095Click image for larger version Name:	20170325_214103.jpg Views:	1 Size:	148.3 KB ID:	638096

Comment

Originally posted by MartBiOs2k View Post

Are you using the original HDMI cable that came with the box ?.
                  if yes, try a different cable that you know it work. the thing they ship with the box are cheap cable and my give you more trouble then good
                  let us know

Thanks
                  Hello MartBios2K,
                  I have changed of input and HDMI cable (with one which works on another tv) => still the rgb issue.
                  I don't think a solution will come but thanks for your help anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by h4x0rm1k3 View Post
                    Regarding the wifi mod i've found a way to increase the range and signal strength further and stronger than the way you've done it. It is basically the exact same way as yours apart from 1 single part. Basically where the wifi cable joins the board, if you follow the trace back towards the wifi chip you'll see a resistor in place which needs to be removed as it tunes the signal to use the old stick on ariel . You can either remove it fully and solder across the pads or just solder over it as it'll stop it working anyway! I found once I did this it improved the quality and reliability of the signal as well as increased the signal that it saw on 5Ghz!

Hi buddy, please you can make a picture or make a graphic example? to see exactly how do it and not make mistake, I really appreciate it in advances

KindRegards

Comment

Hi MartiBios2k,
                      I have a Mecool M8S Pro, the 912 chipset 3gb ram and 16Gb Rom, the WIFI chip is QCA 9377, besides the RAM ROM and WIFI chip, it is the same as your t95Z. The box comes with Android 7.1.1, I want to root it, or install firmware with a lower version of android (This is to get around some of the security issues on some of my streaming apps). Would your firmware work on this box?

Regards
                      Leon (South Africa)

Comment

Originally posted by BrainStorm View Post

Thanks for all Bro, hey take a look https://mega.nz/#F!xlwAmIrD!Dg_1Kqgl1Jp0eGB67fV7Cw this is the last version from gearbest, you make your custom firmware from this version or the version from gearbest is more new?

Regards
                        Hello this is a OTA update via the interface I can't MOD this. I need the IMG source sadly and can't do anythis with this file

Comment

Originally posted by LeonNel76 View Post
                          Hi MartiBios2k,
                          I have a Mecool M8S Pro, the 912 chipset 3gb ram and 16Gb Rom, the WIFI chip is QCA 9377, besides the RAM ROM and WIFI chip, it is the same as your t95Z. The box comes with Android 7.1.1, I want to root it, or install firmware with a lower version of android (This is to get around some of the security issues on some of my streaming apps). Would your firmware work on this box?

Regards
                          Leon (South Africa)
                          best way is to test it but before that, be sure to have the original firmware in hand, and all tools and software to flash it with amslogic usb burning tool

Comment

well I was out of this forum for a bit, no more time to mod
                            I've search and look like t95zplus 9377 is replaced with newer model and no more source is comming out, well since march. if something come out let me know

Comment

android 6.0.1
                              3GB / 32 GB
                              q200_9377_3G
                              I have the same device and lost this v.63 version of firmware now I flashed v.64 ( you can download it from website of wechip: http://www.wechipbox.com/-ezp-24.htm...f8utpvkkc78633) and now my Bluetooth is working unstable and Bluetooth audio devices reconnect one time per 5-10 minutes. Could you provide me link to v.63 firmware or backup? I would like to recover my original Bluetooth configuration. Or some other solutions? This custom rom only for 2Gb versions? Is there stable android 7 firmware for our device ?

Comment

Will this work with the 32GB 3GB RAM version please.

Comment

Working...
                                X