[ROM] Custom Sunvell T95Z Plus Amlogic S912 With 9377 WIFI Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All,
    Please see my first post, I just made a new release with dark video fix. I use the T5ZP0032 source since I did not test the new 33 version, I will keep you updated a soon as I have a new release.
    keep me updated with your test in Kodi

For all, when you first boot after flashing my firmware, DO NOT connect any usb devices or touch your remote for about 5minutes. the preinstall process get aborted if you touch something and this result of missing apps.
    You will see main menu get populated with apps during first boot. let it load and do not touch anything or you will need to flash it again

Thanks
    Last edited by MartBiOs2k; 03-25-2017, 16:08.

Comment

Thanks again MartBiOs2k!

Comment

would this heatsink be okay? 50x25x10mm , found it on ****, half the size of 100

Comment

Originally posted by sseng587 View Post
          would this heatsink be okay? 50x25x10mm , found it on ****, half the size of 100
          Well on each side if you look at my picture, there are some surface mount resistor and you don't want to touch it with the heatsink.
          CPU and RAM raise little bit more then surface mount component. i think 4.5cm is the best but i guess 0.5mm you can manage it without shorting parts.
          at 4.5cm you clear component and you have just enough to cover up cpu and ram chip

Comment

NEW RELEASE
            see post #1

there is a bug with VLC Player, you need to uninstall and reinstall to get streaming performance. I will probably remove it in my next release.

Comment

so there will be a next release!
              *good* !
              Maybe use some coding from Supercelon to get a hold on the temperature issue? Not everybody wants/can solder etc ;-)

Comment

Is there the rgb fix in this new release ? Would be wonderful !

Comment

another question, i think i asked before but can't find it: can you sum up in the OP what is removed and what is added to this ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by tsubasa42 View Post
                    as far as i can read in the OP: YES

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroZorro View Post
                      so there will be a next release!
                      *good* !
                      Maybe use some coding from Supercelon to get a hold on the temperature issue? Not everybody wants/can solder etc ;-)
                      The CPU MOD is very easy and take not more then 15min.
                      this is real passive cooling and no coding will produce passive cooling like a heatsink. there is some apps that can throttle CPU to run cooler but this affect you performance.
                      the real problem is the original heatsink that is too small for this kind of hot CPU, not really the coding and kernel.

this is all about money, the less cost the box , the more profit in compagny pockets, and between us, this box is not the highest quality on the market.

anyway I think those small cpu can handle very high temp and we don't know for long therm use, but for 60$ what can we expect more

Comment

Yes Sir, !!! have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by MartBiOs2k View Post

Yes Sir, !!! have fun!
                          No really?? Ouaahhou!! I'm too happy! Thank you very much MartBiOs2k!! And long life to you

Comment

No really?? Ouaahhou!! I'm too happy! Thank you very much MartBiOs2k!! And long life to you
                            I will not take credit on that one it is implemented in the source, but i'm happy that you can finally enjoy fully your box.
                            note that you will see the option in the display menu '' RGB ''

Let us know your test on that option.!!

Comment

I will not take credit on that one it is implemented in the source, but i'm happy that you can finally enjoy fully your box.
                              note that you will see the option in the display menu '' RGB ''

Let us know your test on that option.!!
                              I can't update the box this week but will do it this week-end and will keep you informed about the result.

Comment

Hello All,
                                Please see my first post, I just made a new release with dark video fix. I use the T5ZP0032 source since I did not test the new 33 version, I will keep you updated a soon as I have a new release.
                                keep me updated with your test in Kodi

For all, when you first boot after flashing my firmware, DO NOT connect any usb devices or touch your remote for about 5minutes. the preinstall process get aborted if you touch something and this result of missing apps.
                                You will see main menu get populated with apps during first boot. let it load and do not touch anything or you will need to flash it again

Thanks
                                After struggling for hours trying to get the booting tool to recognize my box and able to install your FW, I gotta say I'm loving it. I do have 2 questions/request though for your next build.

1. Do you think it's possible to add a soft power button on the bottom of the screen like some other boxes have where you can select to power down, standby or reboot? I know you included a Simple Reboot app which is great but there's no stanby option available. Even if you include that option in your app it would be great so that for people who use a wireless keyboard with no power button can at least put the box to sleep and wake it up later.

2. Can you also add the kill all tasks "X" button when you bring up the open windows screen by pressing the square button on the bottom of the screen?

I hope this is possible and isn't too much to ask. Either way looking forward to your next build!

Thank you,
                                JC

Comment

Working...
                                X