[ROM] Custom Sunvell T95Z Plus Amlogic S912 With 9377 WIFI Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Ive got KM63351010 IT-A1 chip on my custom T95Z (Dragon touch).
    I can't use this one. i am wrong?

I checked the chip on google, KM8 Pro also uses this one. Can I use its firmware?

Comment

There was a new firmware posted to China Gadget yesterday, Feb 23, here: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-box-3.html
      The name of the .zip file is "T95Z Plus Amlogic S912 Android 6.0 2G16G TV BOX Firmware 20170223" Does anyone know what firmware version this may be? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by jseeley View Post
        Thanks MartBiOs2k for your work. Hopefully I'll get a unit with the 9377 WIFI chip so I can try your firmware.

For those who can't use Mart's firmware and still want to remap the Enter key on their keyboard so it doesn't select "q", then try the following and please let me know if it works because I didn't try it:

In /system / usr / keylayout Find a file called Generic.kl Open it with an editor Edit it and change the entry for the line Key 28 from whatever it is to ENTER. Reboot and see if the Enter key works correctly.
        works fine on my T95Z.

Comment

Originally posted by radwaste View Post

works fine on my T95Z.
          Cool. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Just to add to this Thread about the T95Z WIFI CHIP SAGA

There is 3 wifi versions of the box.
            AP4435, AP6330 and LTM8830

How to distinguish 3 versions?
            LTM8830 with a number 8 in the box shell

The firmware of AP4435 & AP6330 are the same.

New firmware and more info will be released next week

Source: blog.geekbuying

treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
              Just to add to this Thread about the T95Z WIFI CHIP SAGA

There is 3 wifi versions of the box.
              AP4435, AP6330 and LTM8830

How to distinguish 3 versions?
              LTM8830 with a number 8 in the box shell

The firmware of AP4435 & AP6330 are the same.

New firmware and more info will be released next week

Source: blog.geekbuying
              What's box shell mean? Are you referring to the plastic housing? Thx. I thought one needs to open the device to see what's imprinted on chip.

The firmware for LTM8830 with that date of 2017-02-23 may be this link as I posted a few posts up: http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-box-3.html But I'm not sure what firmware build it is.

EDIT: The link to the .img in the webpage you provided was posted by Doughyboy in post #82 of this thread which is supposedly the official T95ZP0032 firmware.
              Last edited by jseeley; 02-25-2017, 21:55.

Comment

Hello,
                the firmware that available on chinaGadget is the same as in my first thread., but I added some tweak and cleanup preinstalled.
                I called T95ZPLUS_q200_9377_customV2.0.rar

Comment

Originally posted by MartBiOs2k View Post
                  Hello,
                  the firmware that available on chinaGadget is the same as in my first thread., but I added some tweak and cleanup preinstalled.
                  I called T95ZPLUS_q200_9377_customV2.0.rar
                  Next version, can you remove the weather widget/gadget thing from the top of the launcher and replace it with hardware monitoring info or temps? Having to load up cpu-z everytime to see if my box is close to overheating is annoying.

Comment

That works perfectly. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by batkinson001 View Post

Next version, can you remove the weather widget/gadget thing from the top of the launcher and replace it with hardware monitoring info or temps? Having to load up cpu-z everytime to see if my box is close to overheating is annoying.
                      Hello,
                      I can't the main menu is a APK, the only thing I can is changing images but not the code itseft.

I can post a Mod i've done, I have changed the Heatsink to add a bigger one, at Idle i'm at 36 degree and load 51 degree. my box is now cool and not hot.

Comment

Hey everyone, I just read a post here talking about dark screen using Kodi,
                        they say booting on a Video instead of a BootImage (sunvell) may fix the problem.

I can compile a new release to see it it work, anyone here is interested for a custom version for dark screen video ?

Comment

Yes!!! Would be awesome, I have to start a video manually everytime I start my box. Then the issue is gone until the next reboot...

Comment

Hi MartBiOs2k

First of all I'm new to this so go easy on me. My T95Z Plus was a Pendoo with T5ZP0030 firmware and had no dark video but the wifi didn't work. I updated to the Sunvell T5ZP0032 firmware but then got Kodi dark videos but the wifi was OK. Maybe the Pendoo video at boot made the video OK? I noticed that in your custom firmware V2.0 that you had enabled a boot image splashscreen so I updated to that thinking the dark video would be fixed (ie running a video) but it is still dark. In my search to find a solution I found elsewhere that if you enable bootvideo (change 0 to 1 in \system\build,prop) and put a short video in \system\etc it runs at boot and the dark video is fixed, even next boot as the video autoruns again. Works great for me and makes the box a delight to use.

Props to Aleksey and details here http://tvboxforum.com/showthread.php?tid=913

This is quite an elegant solution and allows the user to choose a boot video (I just used the Google video from Aleksey). However, I'm grateful for your custom build for other reasons and would be interested in your next custom build. I particularly liked the reboot app and app cleanup and keyboard fix. I uninstalled KDplayer? and installed Kodi 17.0 One thing I didn't follow though was TeamViewer. I don't plan to use it but I didn't see it in your custom build?

More power to your elbow MartBiOs2k and Thanks.

Comment

Hello MartBiOs2k ,

The Rom works very well with my T96U PRO. I also have KODI dark problems, i tried switching off mediacodec surface & ,mediacodec " picture is attached" this has improved but i notice the frame rate of movies slightly slower and it still goes dark but not as often.
                              I would really appreciate if you find a fix for this, great work and thanks again.
                              dr lemon

I was recently sent a CR13 Android Set top box for testing. The device ships with the latest RK3288 CPU from Rockchip. This CPU has very good hardware acceleration to play HD movies, and works flawlessly with XBMC, even on the most demanding videos. However, with XBMC’s default settings, I had stability issues: videos would […]

Last edited by drlemon; 03-22-2017, 11:25.

Comment

I just saw a new release for another source version T5ZP0033 I will work on it this weekend to make a custom one with fixes
                                I'll let you know all

Comment

Working...
                                X