Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Custom Sunvell T95Z Plus Amlogic S912 With 9377 WIFI Chip

Hello everyone,

I've made a custom firmware from the new source.

please note that this firmware is only for T95ZPlus with 9377 (LTM8830) wifi chip!!!
    • Removed useless apps
    • Added useful apps
    • Tweak Wifi config
      - Peformance on 5GHz in AC is not good, even at 1meter of my router and get a lot of buffering with a 100% 433mbps link. Don't count on this option with this source!!
      - Performance on 2.4GHz is way better, I think they forget to activate dual stream in the config and this is a big mistake!, currently this source only have 1 stream 75mbps. I activated the HT40SGI so if you use your 2.4GHz you have a link of 150mbps. I can stream MKv without a single buffering!!! and this is BIG BIG feature for me. I don't know why I miss that in my other release!! :S
      - Beacon filtering was set to 50 this is too low, I change to 100 for stability and performance. since 5GHz is not good I tweak it for 2.4GHz
    • Fix keyboard map for ENTER
    • RGB Option is now available in the display options (from source)
    • Fix Dark video in Kodi / Apply bootvideo instead of bootanimation ( think the source was patched but I include my convert into mp4)

You need to flash with amlogic bruning tool like other firmwares (choose erase flash(Normal erase) and erase bootloaded)
    It take about 5-6 minutes to load firmware....
    after the first boot, give 5min to preinstall task to finish, you will see apps popping in your menu. do not connect your wifi or open anything during this time!!

If you get this error with burning tool
    [0x30702004]Uboot/Temprature Testting/Get result/Out of range
    Change temperature setting in VIEW menu for 20 - 60
    and reflash firmware as normal

Download Link (2017-03-26)
    https://mega.nz/#!90pnhR4Z!PAOMRKjPk...Nh-2bNpe3EvqAE

CPU Heatsink Upgrade MOD

For people that want to upgrade cpu heat sink!

The original heatsink is very small and in my case poorly stick to the CPU. And to help heat dispersion they added a thermal pad between metal plate on the top of the case and heatsink.

So I decide to mod and add a bigger Heatsink
    total cost 2$

Aluminum heatsink
    E-b-a-y search for : 100x25x10mm Aluminum Heat Sink

Thermal Paste Silicon (glue)
    E-b-a-y search for : Hot Thermal Compounds Conductive Heatsink Adhesive

1- With a hacksaw cut aluminum heatsink to the desired length in my case I cut it at 4.5cm
    2- remove the old heatsink with a razor blade try to insert blade between heatsink and cpu this will cut some paste, after use a flat head screwdriver and put in between top fins of the heatsink, then twist slowly left and right. heatsink will come off slowly, DO NOT force you may broke the cpu!
    3- with heatsink removed use you razor blade to remove the silicon on the top of CPU and clean it with alcohol to remove completely all old paste.
    4- apply small and even amount of new paste over CPU and RAM Chips, and put heatsink, apply pressure on the heatsink, you will see paste flow out a little bit.
    you want a full contact with chip and heatsink so use enought but not to much paste.

5- In my case i've reuse the thermal pad to link new heatsink and metal plate so I use my razor blade to slice it about 1-2mm thick and place it on top of the heatsink.
    6- Let it dry couple hours before reassemble your box

Picture of the new heatsink,
    Enjoy a 40c idle temperature and with load 55c

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170325_103042.jpg Views:	1 Size:	214.2 KB ID:	638005

WIFI antenna upgrade MOD

As you know, WIFI is not very good in this box, so I decide to boost it up to full performance.

Stock the t95z plus have a 1-3 dbi tape antenna that have about 1/3 stick on the side and 2/3 stick on the bottom of the plastic case.

So I ordered a SMA pigtail and a 7 dbi sma antenna (2.4GHz+5GHz)

I've un-soldered the original antenna to keep in case I want to revert my MOD. And soldered the SMA pigtail and drill a hole in the only side free of port and connector

WOW !!
    In 5GHz AC 433mbps @ 20 feets + 2 walls I'm at 92% signal quality compared to 58% with the original one.
    in 2.4GHz N 150mbps @ 20 feets + 2 walls I'm at 100% signal quality compared to 70% with the original one

Resulting no buffering with MKV and MP4 1080 over network share

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170325_211149.jpg Views:	1 Size:	198.7 KB ID:	638095Click image for larger version  Name:	20170325_214103.jpg Views:	1 Size:	148.3 KB ID:	638096
    Last edited by MartBiOs2k; 03-28-2017, 04:22.

I have just used this and got my Wifi back ! Many thanks for your work. I used BurnCardMaker and the toothpick method :-)

Comment

Great!!. Happy someone use my work , I hope that everyone with the 9377 WIFI will use my firmware.

I've search alot to find something that does not exist for the moment, so.. I've read and learn and cook a firmware the way I want.

I'm still working on tweaking Wifi performance.. I will release an update soon

Comment

Yes, Wifi performance is not ideal. Running Ookla on my phone gives 47 Mbps but on the T95Z only 19 Mbps. But at least its working

Comment

I remember that the original firmware installed when I received the box, wifi was slow as this firmware. I'm trying to find a solution for fixing this but I think it's more in the kernel then config files.

Comment

This is probably nothing to do with your firmware but when using a keyboard, either usb plugged into the Sunvell or a wifi one, when I press the "Enter" key on the keyboard it instead produces a "q" character. Can the Sunvell be re-mapped in some way to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by peejay View Post
              This is probably nothing to do with your firmware but when using a keyboard, either usb plugged into the Sunvell or a wifi one, when I press the "Enter" key on the keyboard it instead produces a "q" character. Can the Sunvell be re-mapped in some way to fix this?
              I just release a new version with the keyboard mapping fixed!!!
              I just try it on my box and work perfectly.. use the new download link in the first post

Comment

Brilliant ! All working fine now, thanks for all your work on this. If there is an OTA update, will I be able to install it?

Comment

Hello, I have the RGB issue (Philips TV). Will this rom solve the issue please?

Comment

Originally posted by peejay View Post
                    Brilliant ! All working fine now, thanks for all your work on this. If there is an OTA update, will I be able to install it?
                    I have raise the build version to make sure no OTA update run on this firmware, I don't want my work to be updated by the wierd Platinum version. If a new firmware is release we probably see it for manual download. I will then tweak it for a new version like the one you have downloaded.

I hope it will have new release, because for now, Wifi performance is not good,and even if I change drivers it not offer better performance.

Comment

Originally posted by tsubasa42 View Post
                      Hello, I have the RGB issue (Philips TV). Will this rom solve the issue please?
                      Before updated firmware please make sure you know exactly what t95Z Plus box you have. there is 2 version. the latest one have the 9377 wifi chip in it and if you don't flash the good firmware you will loose wifi feature.
                      Seach some post here you will figure easly how to find out. then you will be good to flash with a good source.

if your build is T5ZP000x then you have the normal version
                      if your build is more like T5ZP003x then you probably have ne newest board
                      You could open the box too to see what wifi chipset you have.

Comment

My build is T5ZP0030 and the wifi is currently not working... . I saw 2 customs firmwares but in the description I don't see anything for the rgb fix. Do you think that if I deactive the Deep Color Mode I won't have any green splash screen anymore?

Comment

Did you replace recovery with Twrp?

Comment

Originally posted by sseng587 View Post
                            Did you replace recovery with Twrp?
                            You are talking to MartBios2k?

Comment

Thanks MartBiOs2k for your work. Hopefully I'll get a unit with the 9377 WIFI chip so I can try your firmware.

For those who can't use Mart's firmware and still want to remap the Enter key on their keyboard so it doesn't select "q", then try the following and please let me know if it works because I didn't try it:

In /system / usr / keylayout Find a file called Generic.kl Open it with an editor Edit it and change the entry for the line Key 28 from whatever it is to ENTER. Reboot and see if the Enter key works correctly.

Comment

Working...
                              X