Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong section, sorry.

Comment

Changelog (20180310):
      • Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20180205.111652.V0928)
      • Wake from sleep is now working, and taking the expected 2-3 seconds.
      • New build of Mali driver that supports OpenGL 3.2 + AEP
      • Latest build from Open GApps (20180310)
      Known Bugs:
      • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
      • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
      Download:

Comment

many thanks man.
        hopefully we will get some better performance in Moonlight with the new Mali driver.
        it was atrocious on this box since the beggining...

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, the Antutu score went from 44,828 to 51,208 when I upgraded the driver, so it should help. The Mali GPUs just aren't all that powerful, though.

Hi Magendanz, thanks for your work!
        I am now on "Nexus_M8S_Nano_NHG47L-20180202.img" Can I use this OTA nano update to upgrade to this version (20180310) ??

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, and there's no need to wipe data.

Sure, Mali are no wonder, but the moonlight performance in this box was garbage compared to other s912 based boxes. so the issue has to be in the firmware.
        there's a youtube reviewer that tests that specific part too and I thought he was a big liar when he said most s912 boxes are perfect for Moonlight gamestreaming.
        Few weeks ago he got one of these L pro boxes to test too and he notice the same thing - very laggy although it gets good latency decoding numbers.

Comment

Cant update with twrp. Error 7.
          is the same problem with updater file?
          Last edited by zenix; 03-11-2018, 19:52.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            What's it say exactly? Before the Error 7.

@magendaz
          in order to managed it, i had to replace the updater_script with the one included in the zip file in your post 255.
          In your last update the script say "m8s pro” and in post 255 "qxxx"

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post
            Cant update with twrp. Error 7.
            is the same problem with updater file?
            same problem...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180311_233940_resize.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	713902
            Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like you installed that old version with the ("M8S_PRO") device name. (http://freaktab.com/node/683014) I've modified the updater script on the current releases to now check for either "M8SPRO" or "M8S_PRO", and so you shouldn't see the problem anymore. Files are syncing on OneDrive now, so give it about 15 minutes. Since the content of the ROM is identical, I'm just replacing all tree OTA Updates (Nano, Stock & TVStock) and the links won't change.

I have installed "little experiment building Nexus Nano for the M8S PRO on the Shiningworth All-in-One firmware" from post #255

Thanks for updating, I'll try it in the afternoon

Comment

so, I tried new version and still Error:7, but I already know the reason - my build.prop (experiment image M8S PRO on the Shiningworth All-in-One firmwar from post #255 )contain
              Code:
              ro.product.device=M8S
              (M8S instead of M8SPRO)

EDIT:
              so, I edited my build.prop and now OTA update successfully works...
              Last edited by bolek; 03-12-2018, 16:12.

Comment

OTA update worked like a charm. I had an issue where my IPTV app would start having audio/video sync issues after about 2-3 hours of use. It looks like this update fixes this issue. Awesome job Magendanz. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Guys! First at all, thanks Guest for this awesome work!!! You`re brilliant!

I`ve been reading frow a few pages before ask here. My doubt is, I have the Mecool M8S Pro, not the "L" model. My device is DRM licensed HDCP 1.x, so I can see NetFlix and many others streaming apps that require the license. I`ve never touched in the Videostrong stock ROM, in the truth, it works well here... But I want to test the Nano variant from Guest ...

If I update will I lose the license?

Can I flash the latest ROM via OTA posted here via the OTA APP provided by Videostrong?

Any chance that any oher problem?

Sorry for the noobies question...

Comment

Originally posted by allandacruz89 View Post
                    Hi Guys! First at all, thanks Guest for this awesome work!!! You`re brilliant!

I`ve been reading frow a few pages before ask here. My doubt is, I have the Mecool M8S Pro, not the "L" model. My device is DRM licensed HDCP 1.x, so I can see NetFlix and many others streaming apps that require the license. I`ve never touched in the Videostrong stock ROM, in the truth, it works well here... But I want to test the Nano variant from Guest ...

If I update will I lose the license?

Can I flash the latest ROM via OTA posted here via the OTA APP provided by Videostrong?

Any chance that any oher problem?

Sorry for the noobies question...
                    If you flash the latest ota, you will not lose anything. You can use the ota app also.

Comment

Hi, everybody.can someone tell me?put Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1).from February.a week later, put the update on OTA. And then after that, if you send the console to sleep, after turning on the wifi does not connect.how to solve the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by tehcno View Post
                        Hi, everybody.can someone tell me?put Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1).from February.a week later, put the update on OTA. And then after that, if you send the console to sleep, after turning on the wifi does not connect.how to solve the issue?
                        Same issue here. In power settings I set box to turn off completely, next reboot wifi comes on as normal or you have to go to wifi connection and disable wifi and back on manualy. This issue was not there on previous release.

Comment

Working...
                        X