Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, just used the framewok / app from this on GT1 and it was ok
    So its totally in their hands then.. that's not good. its also possibly the stupidest "feature" I have seen to date.
    lol it looks more like they broke it, couldn't fix it, so just said its a feature.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell, we've all done that before. Haven't we? :-)

Hello magandenz
    Hello
    I made the last update 916 via usb
    the problemle jais not play stor but google play.and even installs it manually it walks the message no compatible paired
    and I want to go back to frimwre 321 his pass not so what the soul and thank you

Comment

Guest I have an email thread going with Videostrong and they appear willing to fix this. Can you DM me your email address so I can add you to the thread?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it appears they're finally coming around on the wake from sleep issue. A representative of some major retailers (Best Buy, Walmart, etc) was on the Skype chat with us, and it's amazing how they changed their tune when hearing the same message from a purchaser who orders in lots of 30,000.

I have a short wish list. Where do I send my submissions again?
      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Changing the bootloader to be detected in burn tool from just plugging the USB in also needs done... Like beelink

If your going to ship a device pre rooted needs to be easy to restore factory images. Shorting pins isnt ideal

Comment

I've noticed the latest m8s Pro ads claim to provide fhd support for both Netflix, and YouTube.

Is it probable this indicates widevine level 1 permissions key is Incorporated in the factory ROM?
          If so, can it be ported into our developer custom ROM?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I hear that some M8S Pro units are coming from the factory now with Widevine L1, but I haven't seen any Widevine L1 or HDCP license files distributed that would allow us to install those keys in the field using USB Burning Tool.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Trying to downgrade? The OEM update won't let you. You'll need to use a burning package (.img file) with USB Burning Tool or a "-fixed" version from here: http://freaktab.org/28~f

jais pas compres tu peut m'explique plus et merci

Comment

Sorry
          i dont understand
          i do the update with USB it Easy
          can you show me with vidéo its better
          thank you again

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, I'm not going to make a video for you. Maybe someone else has the time for that.

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post
          I've noticed the latest m8s Pro ads claim to provide fhd support for both Netflix, and YouTube.

Is it probable this indicates widevine level 1 permissions key is Incorporated in the factory ROM?
          If so, can it be ported into our developer custom ROM?
          My box is mecool m8s pro 3ddr4/32 and I have flashed magendaz nano rom. I also flashed the latest magendaz ota and yesterday i checked with a drm app from playstore and said widevine level 1. If this true can i play netflix 4k/fhd?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, if you've got Widevline L1, then Netflix should work. I believe the required libraries are all there (especially since I borrowed that last build from the M8S Pro L).

thank you
          just qustion  witch update i must do

Comment

hi. I can not download. Writes: "Sorry, an error has occurred. Microsoft OneDrive"

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately, all of OneDrive seems to be down today. However, you should be able to find them on the archive site: http://freaktab.org/28~f

It's a little slower, but should work until Microsoft can get it's act together.

@Magendanz

First let me say, that I'am impressed by the result of this "Nano Nexus".

But I have a minor fallback, I always give the moviebox a static IP value. But this procedure give me a error with the nano nexus release.

When I go through the configuations steps, I notice that the step where I need to give the value of the subnetmask; is not there anymore.

The box is working fine with "DHCP" only "Static" is not working.

Can you confirm this or am I doing something wrong.

I have used the OTA upgrade.

Greetings
            HozzBoss

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

My box is mecool m8s pro 3ddr4/32 and I have flashed magendaz nano rom. I also flashed the latest magendaz ota and yesterday i checked with a drm app from playstore and said widevine level 1. If this true can i play netflix 4k/fhd?
              What was the ship date of your device, and your original firmware version?
              Are you getting full HD in flix or you tube (red), etc?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                No, that old Lollipop technique never worked for us. The hacked libraries couldn't be migrated forward to Marshmallow and Nougat, and I question how it ever worked on the original OS. After all, you ultimately need a private key to decrypt the encoded stream.

So is it just a misperception on my part, that the ATV ROM seems to produce better resolution quality then the Nexus ROM. And if not, what accounts for the difference

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                You mean Android TV compared to the non-ATV firmware? Video quality should be the same, although some apps like Netfilx are only SD on the non-ATV versions. I don't believe they even check for Widevine L1.
            Working...
            X