Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a player, when and if you're able to get an ota up.
    Danke
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      As promised, here's a build of the Nano Nexus ROM for M8S PRO based on the Shiningworth firmware. Basically, it's the same as the ones I created for the Vorke Z6 and Beelink GT1, but I've updated the device tree so that Ethernet now works correctly.

Burn Package: Nexus_M8S_Nano_NHG47L-20180119.img

This has a bunch of new features and fixes that we haven't seen yet from VideoStrong. For starters,

- Quick (2-3 sec) resume from sleep with preserved user state
      - Auto framerate settings (3 modes)
      - Superuser root setting
      - Drag up from bottom of screen to show navigation bar
      - HDR and SDR settings
      - Additional Dolby/DTS/Digital audio settings

If the consensus is that this is better than the ones based on the official OEM stock firmware from Videostrong, we may move to this new foundation permanently. For now, though, it's just a trial. What do you think?
      Hi Magendanz,
      Will you be doing Magendanz ShiningPath test for the Pro L ?
      Seems like it may be an upgrade there too, if you have any time or inclination !
      Thx.

Comment

The OTA update can be done with the sd card method or another way?
        i assume, we dont need to setup the box from the begging, right?
        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post
          The OTA update can be done with the sd card method or another way?
          i assume, we dont need to setup the box from the begging, right?
          Thank you
          I've flashed past roms residing in the internal downloads folder, via twrp.. Data intact just fine.
          Suggest you bkup data and basic dalvik/ cache wipe
          Provided your upgrading from Mag's last Pro rom. Some others require data / factory wipe... Pretty sure

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

I've flashed past roms residing in the internal downloads folder, via twrp.. Data intact just fine.
            Suggest you bkup data and basic dalvik/ cache wipe
            Provided your upgrading from Mag's last Pro rom. Some others require data / factory wipe... Pretty sure
            Thank you
            I've downloaded the OTA version and saved it in ext. sd card, then rebooted into twrp and tried to flash but found an error and stopped.
            Should i write the OTA rom in internal folder? Or maybe download it again?

Comment

Guest =zenix;n705339]

Thank you
              I've downloaded the OTA version and saved it in ext. sd card, then rebooted into twrp and tried to flash but found an error and stopped.
              Should i write the OTA rom in internal folder? Or maybe download it again?[/QUOTE]

Could be corrupted dl, it's happened before. If twrp can find it. It's always flashed is my experience.
              What's the error? Are you copying log to SD card, for future scrutiny? That helps.
              Might want to get with the boss... @ magendanz. Yaknow? ​​​​​​

Since its on the 1st level of card already (no subfolder), you could try reset button method. Capture your twrp log though.

Comment

Guest =zenix;n705339]

Thank you
                Should i write the OTA rom in internal folder? Or maybe download it again?

Could be corrupted dl, it's happened before. If twrp can find it. It's always flashed is my experience.
                What's the error? Are you copying log to SD card, for future scrutiny? That helps.
                Might want to get with the boss... @ magendanz. Yaknow? ​​​​​​

Since its on the 1st level of card already (no subfolder), you could try reset button method. Capture your twrp log though.
                I downloaded again, saved in internal download folder but again failed. It says "error 7"
                i think, possibly something happened with the zip file. It is not right. If possible , magendaz, fix it and uploaded again.

P.s if i try reset button method, should i rename it into "update.zip" ?

Comment

Once in TWRP, prefix file name is of lesser importance.
                  Copying of log data will show what happens just prior to the e7
                  Probably the roms target device is a mismatched name, as compared to your actual box's identity.
                  Compare the two... Open the zip in its own folder, open meta down thru android. Once at updater script, that will open in a script editor for matching the two targets.
                  Once done, reZip and move back to 1st level of sd.
                  It should go by reset recovery or ota via twrp in either case. METHOD 1: UPDATER SCRIPT HACK TO FIX ERROR 7

Note: Use this method only when you’re 100% sure that the ROM you’ve downloaded is for your device. What this does is to bypass assert checks in recovery so that you can install the ROM without any checks.
                  1. Open the Lineage OS ROM zip using any archiving software like 7zip, WinRAR, etc… You can also open it on your device.
                  2. Now, you need to navigate to this path: META-INF » com » google » android » updater-script.
                  3. Open the file updater-script in a text editor. You’ll see a bunch of lines with the command assert and the model name of the device next to it.
                  4. If there’s a mismatch with the codename of the device in the script, you’ll get Error 7 while flashing.
                  5. So, just either edit the code to match your device’s codename or delete all the lines having the code “assert & getprop”
                  6. Save the file.
                  7. Try to install the ROM now.

Comment

Once in TWRP, prefix file name is of lesser importance.
                    Copying of log data will show what happens just prior to the e7
                    Probably the roms target device is a mismatched name, as compared to your actual box's identity.
                    Compare the two... Open the zip in its own folder, open meta down thru android. Once at updater script, that will open in a script editor for matching the two targets.
                    Once done, reZip and move back to 1st level of sd.
                    It should go by reset recovery or ota via twrp in either case. METHOD 1: UPDATER SCRIPT HACK TO FIX ERROR 7

Note: Use this method only when you’re 100% sure that the ROM you’ve downloaded is for your device. What this does is to bypass assert checks in recovery so that you can install the ROM without any checks.
                    1. Open the Lineage OS ROM zip using any archiving software like 7zip, WinRAR, etc… You can also open it on your device.
                    2. Now, you need to navigate to this path: META-INF » com » google » android » updater-script.
                    3. Open the file updater-script in a text editor. You’ll see a bunch of lines with the command assert and the model name of the device next to it.
                    4. If there’s a mismatch with the codename of the device in the script, you’ll get Error 7 while flashing.
                    5. So, just either edit the code to match your device’s codename or delete all the lines having the code “assert & getprop”
                    6. Save the file.
                    7. Try to install the ROM now.
                    First of all, thank you for your interest.
                    i edited the updater script and there are no lines with "assets" e.t.c. I also edited the previews OTA update file (16\11\2017) that was downloaded in my box and i saw that there are no lines with "assets" too. It is only one line "getprop" with the name m8spro.
                    so i found the same line with getprop in the new OTA and i changed the name of the box from "q201" into "m8spro" and tried to flash again but i got the same error.
                    Next thing i ll do is to replace the new updater script with the old and try again.

P.s is it possible the new ota file to be corrupted OR not to be for m8spro?

Comment

Finally i did it. Just replaced the updater script with the old one included in the previews (16/11/17) ota update snd then flashed in twrp

After the update, in settings/info, i see "Netflix ESN". If you click it, does nothing. Anybody knows what is that?
                      Last edited by zenix; 01-28-2018, 21:43.

Comment

After the ota update, widevine level is now 3, hdcp is unsuported but youtube is 4k

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post
                          Finally i did it. Just replaced the updater script with the old one included in the previews (16/11/17) ota update snd then flashed in twrp

After the update, in settings/info, i see "Netflix ESN". If you click it, does nothing. Anybody knows what is that?
                          Congrats! Was gonna say pm me, but?.. Sometimes tinkering is best
                          Struggling with missing recovery here. I think is solved now. I tried flashing latest, with your same results.
                          So, I'll take your cue.. I think it's q201 vs. q20 board conflict. Gotta look at log data to confirm
                          You replaced entire update script from Mag's last (2017) 8sPro build? Yes?

** how are you getting 4k yt? They are thin on true hd source media, methinks

Comment

Congrats! Was gonna say pm me, but?.. Sometimes tinkering is best
                            Struggling with missing recovery here. I think is solved now. I tried flashing latest, with your same results.
                            So, I'll take your cue.. I think it's q201 vs. q20 board conflict. Gotta look at log data to confirm
                            You replaced entire update script from Mag's last (2017) 8sPro build? Yes?

** how are you getting 4k yt? They are thin on true hd source media, methinks
                            I unziped the last mags (2017) ota update, i took the updater script from meta inf file then i unziped the last (2018) ota update and replaced the new with the old updater script, zipped again and flashed in twrp.

About youtube:
                            i have a 4k hdr lg and when i search for a 4k video hdr, for example "chess hdr", in the resaults i take a lot videos and when i play one of them , youtube let me to choose the qaulity, 1080p hdr, 1440p hdr, 2160p hdr etc. The problem is that in 2160, yt buffering cause i dont have very fast internet. In 1440p its ok. Great picture
                            This happens from the first time i flash magendaz rom. Not only now.

Thank you and thank mag too

Comment

Recovery and TWRP continues to be missing or unaccessible... A new hiccup.

It is possible when re-flashing last rom and su zip, i mistakenly included a indentical local twrp zip.
                              Apparently the conflict killed any & ALL recovery access or options.
                              ​​​​​​... A fresh .img from mag's uploads, and helped by pre-release of 'Amlogic TV box Tools' (@ playstore) did the job. I was seemingly stranded, now just a little amazed.
                              Last edited by ClarkKent; 01-30-2018, 09:39.

Comment

Here's another revision of our little experiment building Nexus Nano for the M8S PRO on the Shiningworth All-in-One firmware:

Burn Package: Nexus_M8S_Nano_NHG47L-20180202.img
                                OTA Update: update_Nexus_M8S_Nano_NHG47L-20180202.zip

This has the following fixes:

- Fixed OTA update script to accept a ro.product.board of "q201" or "q20x".
                                - New build of Mali driver that supports OpenGL 3.2 + AEP
                                - New Bluetooth libraries that seem to fix the audio stuttering problem on the Longsys LTM8830.

I'm still seeing intermittent wireless issues, but I think we're getting pretty close. Anyone spot any other problems?

Comment

Working...
                                X