Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this rom based on Android 64bit? If not, does anyone know if such a rom exists for this box & where to get it?? I need 64bit Android for emulation so 32bit won't do... Also does this rom support multitouch so I can map touches to a gamepad?? I'm currently running Stock Rom 20170801

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

My box is mecool m8s pro 3ddr4/32 and I have flashed magendaz nano rom. I also flashed the latest magendaz ota and yesterday i checked with a drm app from playstore and said widevine level 1. If this true can i play netflix 4k/fhd?
      Z...I repied above, hoping for your feedback with some hw/fw info....
      Regardless, I've got Anny from GearBest involved on the gb product inquiry channel. Would you take a look there, and give us your help?
      She is asking for ver.# and mac id#. I will provide mine, but obviously data from a so featured box would be a major plus.
      It's my hope this will benefit many pro owners.....Certainly can't hurt, right?
      thank you Zena.
      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Originally posted by 9crack View Post
        Is this rom based on Android 64bit? If not, does anyone know if such a rom exists for this box & where to get it?? I need 64bit Android for emulation so 32bit won't do... Also does this rom support multitouch so I can map touches to a gamepad?? I'm currently running Stock Rom 20170801
        Welcome to freaktab. Let me see if I can help just a little.. the m8s pro ROM written by Magendanz is based on a 64-bit ROM, but the build prop is running on 32 bit.

My understanding is the processor load does it require more. I believe this is changeable in the build prop. You should inquiry the ROM developer here in.
        If you're using an August stock ROM,
        there's a lot more performance to be had.

Comment

Hello
          can you give me a burning package please

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent

Welcome to freaktab. Let me see if I can help just a little.. the m8s pro ROM written by Magendanz is based on a 64-bit ROM, but the build prop is running on 32 bit.

My understanding is the processor load does it require more. I believe this is changeable in the build prop. You should inquiry the ROM developer here in.
            If you're using an August stock ROM,
            there's a lot more performance to be had.
            Thanks for the welcome Clark & for answering, I'm a total noob with droidboxes (kind of veteran with droidphones), although I messed with this box the second I got it, I have TWRP installed, and it's rooted, but checked with aida64 for ABIs they say I specifically need arm64-v8a for dolphin emulator to work, for what I understand from here https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/abis.html that ABI is the basis for aarch64 to run so even if the build prop runs 32bit that ABI should be a part of the rom cause you say it's 64bit.
            Can any of you guys help confirm that by installing AIDA64 app and checking in supported ABIs for arm64-v8a??

And have any of you tested multitouch support?

Sent from my M8S PRO using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ClarkKent View Post

What was the ship date of your device, and your original firmware version?
              Are you getting full HD in flix or you tube (red), etc?

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-android-5-1-1
              Shipping date was 9/17 from banggood. I dont know the original firmware ver. because as soon as it was in my hands i flashed mag's rom.
              In normal youtube i get 4k but always the box crashes , probably because my internet is only 6-7 mbps. If i download the video, it plays great.
              I dont know about flix

Comment

Originally posted by 9crack View Post

Thanks for the welcome Clark & for answering, I'm a total noob with droidboxes (kind of veteran with droidphones), although I messed with this box the second I got it, I have TWRP installed, and it's rooted, but checked with aida64 for ABIs they say I specifically need arm64-v8a for dolphin emulator to work, for what I understand from here https://developer.android.com/ndk/guides/abis.html that ABI is the basis for aarch64 to run so even if the build prop runs 32bit that ABI should be a part of the rom cause you say it's 64bit.
                Can any of you guys help confirm that by installing AIDA64 app and checking in supported ABIs for arm64-v8a??

And have any of you tested multitouch support?

Sent from my M8S PRO using Tapatalk
                If i remember well, magendaz has said that his roms are 32 bit

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, because the underlying OEM firmware is 32-bit.

FYI..... @ vendor comments and queries:

gearbest
                Advertiser
                12-22-2017, 18:51
                Dear Valued Customers,

We kindly bring your attention to the fact that some unidentified hackers gained large amounts of personal data

​​​​​​... See posted notice for more - ck

Comment

Originally posted by Koowluh View Post

Hmm, I had hoped my Logitech Rumblepad 2 would work on this box now, but alas... On the Amlogic build of LibreElec the device seems to work, but any Android builds do not detect it. I'm quite new at this stuff so I was wondering if there was anything I could do to make it go. Suggestions are welcome!
                  I'd like to bring this one up once more. Any chance someone knows a fix? Any (mainstream) controllers that DO work out of the box? I'm hoping to get this to work so I can run some emulated games through Kodi. Trying this on LibreElec gets the gamepad going, but most of the emulating plugins I have tried require KODI to run on an Android OS.

EDIT: I managed to fix my issue by running into a bluetooth controller at a local pharmacy that had the word Android plastered all over the box. Just have to pair it every time the box reboots, but it works.
                  Last edited by Koowluh; 01-15-2018, 10:04.

Comment

Hi freind,
                    thank you for all you post,
                    I installer the Nexus room in my box M8S pro but i have TVbox desktop and playstore for TVbox , i would like a android like in the phone ,
                    please i need your help
                    thank you

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sounds like you installed the TVStock variant (which is Android TV). Either the Nano or Stock variant should give you a non-ATV user interface and Google Play Store.

Can someone with the latest magendaz nexus stock rom (non atv), confirm the maximum resolution of netflix?
                    thanx!

Comment

What are you getting? I did have widevine L1 with 1.1 hdcp. Although I don't have Netflix,
                      I do have YouTube Red and was expecting to have more Source material in fhd.
                      Not so. I am able to test more of the DRM demo video files... That denotes the box is definitely enhanced a level or two.
                      But sadly, see little difference in real world use yet.
                      Last edited by ClarkKent; 01-16-2018, 17:52.

Comment

What are you getting? I did have changed the widevine L1 with 1.1 hdcp. Although I don't have Netflix, I do have YouTube Red and was expecting to have more Source material in fhd. Not so. I am able to test more of the DRM demo video files... That denotes that I'm definitely kicked up a level or two. But I see little difference in the world world. Sad
                        I dont have netflix but i think the widevine is L1 in my rom. Supposed that with L1 my box can play 4k? Thats why i ask

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post

I dont have netflix but i think the widevine is L1 in my rom. Supposed that with L1 my box can play 4k? Thats why i ask
                          To confirm, use drm info app from playstore..
                          It will show you the level AND the hdcp protection authorized.
                          Someone will correct me, but I believe that uhd requires 2.x hdcp.
                          In any case, with exo drm player demo (@ playstore)
                          You'll be able to test various streams to find out boxes' actual performance level.

Comment

To confirm, use drm info app from playstore..
                            It will show you the level AND the hdcp protection authorized.
                            Someone will correct me, but I believe that uhd requires 2.x hdcp.
                            In any case, with exo drm player demo (@ playstore)
                            You'll be able to test various streams to find out boxes' actual performance level.
                            The widevine level is 1 and i did tried exo player and the box can play everything up to hdcp 1.x
                            from hdcp 2 and above the video stop after 11 sec.
                            Now, what this has to do with netflix? Do we have any resault after this test with exo?
                            thanx!

Comment

Working...
                            X