Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it that you're good through 1080p.
    ​​​​​​... Netflix Uhd requires a higher level of hdcp.
    Good luck with that. A licensing issue, Not dev controlled.
    If you have unprotected 4k source media, the Pro should provide the needen processing.

More:
    Last edited by ClarkKent; 01-18-2018, 07:43. Reason: added wl link.
    Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

After Sleep from action menu can't wake up the device - it always boot from zero... Please are you able to build new nano version based on newer L stock kernel? 2/16 and 3/16GB. Better 20171216.102705.V0928 due to there wake up from sleep issues.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        From the M8S PRO L release I can build M8S PRO (but not M8S PRO+ or M8S PRO W). However, it's currently taking 28 seconds to wake from sleep when it should only take 2-3 seconds. VideoStrong is working on that fix, so I'm holding off on the M8S PRO build until that's available.

Guest are you in contact with the videostrong developers or are they posting on a forum or something saying what bugs they are fixing? Are they working on fixing automatic framerate?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        A large buyer (~35K units) and I Skype with them irregularly. He's got his "punch list", which includes most of our complaints.

I'm reporting the issue with LIVE wallpapers Can't add them. All version's GT1 newer and older, same VORKE, MECOOL's builds too. Other Launchers than default same issue... It's quite important function to have a nice TV background during browsing apps and widgets. Tested with YoWindow and Aerial apps.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I put the LiveWallpaperPicker app back into the latest M8S PRO L, M8S PRO W, M8S PRO+, GT1 and Vorke Z6 Nexus custom ROM releases. This one just hasn't been updated with it yet.

Stock or Nano? Because I'm testing at the moment:
      M8S_PRO+-V0928_Nano-20171216.img > Live Wallpaper Picker has stopped
      Nexus_Z6_Nano_NHG47L-20180119.img > adding do nothing
      Nexus_GT1_Nano_NHG47L-20180119.img and older Nexus_GT1_Nano_NHG47L-20171125.img > adding do nothing

and none of them works :[

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        So, it seems that the Amlogic SDK 7.1 dropped support for live wallpapers in Nougat. Unless you can fix it, I'm going to just pull the LiveWallpaperPicker.apk. You claim live wallpapers was a "quite important function", but very few have even noticed that it was gone.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-23-2018, 09:15.

Anybody else having youtube (red) crashes, refusal to load and run?
      Downloaded vids lost or greyed out?
      Methinks from very recent experience, and talking with yt via chat...
      That yt googlers have/are killing mobile app from operating on this type device.
      Perhaps because of root? I'm out of ideas and corrective actions.
      ** Edit: All troubleshooting efforts failed.
      Full reflash with data wipe solved the problem.
      Showbox, Terrarium and the like all had to be deleted and reloaded... Eventually, success.
      Unseen before, unknown cause.

@ magendanz....point me to info on obtaining/ maintaining super su at boot?
      ** THNX. Sure enuff.quickly fixed, and actually manages root access Much better then ever has.
      Last edited by ClarkKent; 01-25-2018, 19:43. Reason: Updated corrective actions. IF this type of post is inappropriate here, let me know.. I will seek operational answers elsewhere. Of course, my apologies!

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The SuperSU binaries will be lost whenever you do an update, since it replaces the boot and system partition and therefore will lose any patches that SuperSU made when first installed. You should be able to just reinstall it in TWRP, though.

friend Magendanz good night I want to ask you a favor I found it searched but I did not find it, my problem is the following I want to install the recovery twrp.q201_N-3.2.1-0, it appears as an image and I try to load it in the USB_Burning_Tool application and it gives me error, I have not been able to install it and I do not know how is the procedure please can you guide me or give me a line where you can guide me please

Comment

Originally posted by mXHX View Post
        I'm reporting the issue with LIVE wallpapers Can't add them. All version's GT1 newer and older, same VORKE, MECOOL's builds too. Other Launchers than default same issue... It's quite important function to have a nice TV background during browsing apps and widgets. Tested with YoWindow and Aerial apps.
        This bug mentioned by me 2 months ago (#165) and here is the answer of dear Magendaz
        No big bug though!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, that was when I added the LiveWallpaperPicker.apk, but apparently that's not enough. The supporting code in the wallpaper service (in the Android framework) seems to also have been purged in Nougat.

Originally posted by zenix View Post

This bug mentioned by me 2 months ago (#165) and here is the answer of dear Magendaz
        No big bug though!
        Yes, I read it before... not big but for someone who use it on daily base it is the which-rom-decision-maker parameter, which was not mentioned in changelog ;] Besides that it is more interesting to show someone something with static-nothing in background versus dynamic-living. Just ask/show your Kids and you will see ;]

Comment

Originally posted by jzf23 View Post
          friend Magendanz good night I want to ask you a favor I found it searched but I did not find it, my problem is the following I want to install the recovery twrp.q201_N-3.2.1-0, it appears as an image and I try to load it in the USB_Burning_Tool application and it gives me error, I have not been able to install it and I do not know how is the procedure please can you guide me or give me a line where you can guide me please
          Yours twrp.q201_N-3.2.1-0 is just recovery part image. USB Burning Tool is to burn whole flash image, not just a part. Magendanz includes that TWRPs into his images so you don't need burn it. If you want it pernament in yours other devices you need:
          A) digitaly signed zip for installation via RECOVERY console (restart to recovery). Just goole something like twrp.q201_N-3.2.1-0-signed.zip and install it from USB/SDcard same way as update.
          B) customize your own img file to include that recovery img file if you have just twrp.q201_N-3.2.1-0.img and don't have signed zip file (cant explaint in this topic)

but more useful is: (from my opinion of effectivity)
          C) using just renamed that twrp to "recovery.img" file and copy to SDcard inserted into box and start with holding reset button. It starts you the twrp from SDcard everytime when you need it and you don't need burn it (offcourse it must be compatible with previous burned platform > q201)
          D) using universal TWRP zip file (for example TWRP311_AML_ViT.zip), which you can start like an update (same as A) on every platform from every (functional recovery console. It will not install it, it just start it directly from that zip. Sometimes this option can't use it due to low memory from <1GB RAM devices.

I hope I gived you complete exhaustive answer for non-skill-user even when I'm not english, so Magendanz can focus to more difficult cooking of new builds for us

Comment

As promised, here's a build of the Nano Nexus ROM for M8S PRO based on the Shiningworth firmware. Basically, it's the same as the ones I created for the Vorke Z6 and Beelink GT1, but I've updated the device tree so that Ethernet now works correctly.

Burn Package: Nexus_M8S_Nano_NHG47L-20180119.img
            OTA Update: update_Nexus_M8S_Nano_NHG47L-20180119.zip

This has a bunch of new features and fixes that we haven't seen yet from VideoStrong. For starters,

- Quick (2-3 sec) resume from sleep with preserved user state
            - Auto framerate settings (3 modes)
            - Superuser root setting
            - Drag up from bottom of screen to show navigation bar
            - HDR and SDR settings
            - Additional Dolby/DTS/Digital audio settings

If the consensus is that this is better than the ones based on the official OEM stock firmware from Videostrong, we may move to this new foundation permanently. For now, though, it's just a trial. What do you think?
            Last edited by Guest; 01-26-2018, 21:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              As promised, here's a build of the Nano Nexus ROM for M8S PRO based on the Shiningworth firmware. Basically, it's the same as the ones I created for the Vorke Z6 and Beelink GT1, but I've updated the device tree so that Ethernet now works correctly.

This has a bunch of new features and fixes that we haven't seen yet from VideoStrong. For starters,

- Superuser root setting
              - HDR and SDR settings

If the consensus is that this is better than the ones based on the official OEM stock firmware from Videostrong, we may move to this new foundation permanently. For now, though, it's just a trial. What do you think?
              Nice work! So during the consensus:
              - no more live wallpapers
              - no native AC3 audio decoding with amplayer
              - but working wake up sleep... It will be a little longer consideration

......maybe at final end of the ages the best version will based on ugoos am3 (same wifi/bt as M8S PRO) with their fine tunned audio/video decoding, native fileserver, root/unroot/supersu-root, native hardware monitor, usefriendly logcat support with IR codes dumping, etc.etc.etc. but I don't know what does it all matter you to build on it.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                mXHX, if you feel so strongly about live wallpapers, you need to create your own custom ROM. With support pulled from the latest Amlogic SDK, that's going to be a heavy lift and you're one of only two people who seem to have missed it. Frankly, it's just not a priority for me.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-25-2018, 21:25.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

- Superuser root setting
              - HDR and SDR settings

Sounds greatly improved. I'd like to try.
              Can you, will you be able to release a SD version?
              Will this be compatible with the WV update from GB we've discussed recently.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                As long as you flash with the USB Burning Tool defaults, your Widevine L1 keys are safe. As for an OTA update (.zip file), I can do that pretty quickly if there's need.

Remember, we've still got the Bluetooth audio stuttering bug to deal with on the Shiningworth firmware. With tillaz87 joining the effort now, I think we're close to a fix, but the SW user interface also isn't quite as smooth as VideoStrong's. (You'll see stutters in animation and transitions, but playback seems unaffected. It's pretty subtle, but it seems that they've got a kernel module that isn't yielding the CPU when it should. I'll need a better Android profiler to know more.)

Magendanz sorry bro, but we can not DO IT - if we take it to our kids, they will kill us
              Last edited by mXHX; 01-26-2018, 08:07.

Comment

Most interesting. Thanks for the update.
                Bt is no issue, as rarely used recently. Ethernet is, I understand that is solid?

Can sw interface be supplemented or assisted by an external app? Ie: terrarium tv offers a backup decoder if performance requires.?
                Stutter during transition looks like what?

​​​​​​... And yes, when you can a sd/ota version is appreciated and more conveniently useful.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, Ethernet seems solid. I haven't noticed any problems there.

I don't think any app is going to help that animation stutter issue, as that's probably happening at the kernel level.
              Working...
              X