Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't restore a original stock firmware . My Software: (20171030.162112.V0619) with TWRP. But if i use that image: http://freaktab.org/078d65b334fbcfc2 with USB Burning Tool i have a problem in bootloader. It show Android Logo with Cross. I Can't find a working *.zip image for TWRP to recover a stock firmware.

@EDIT

I try use that image in TWRP: M8S_PRO-ota-20170707.094011.V0321-fixed.zip from here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...C979F57D71A88A

but isn't working.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by majkel0; 11-22-2017, 22:05.

Comment

Is it possible some remote control key combination to put my device into sleep mode? Happens for second time already while I am scrolling through the launcher..

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, others had noted that some IR remote controls were passing the keycode for Power unexpectedly. Other than replacing the remote, about the only things you can do is update the keymap in the device tree (which is a PITA) or update the config options in framework-res.apk to make the short press on Power button do nothing..

I've come across a really frustrating issue and I'm not sure if it is ROM related or hardware related so I would be super grateful if I could get confirmation from someone else here!

It's a Bluetooth issue for me with an MS8 PRO 3+32 model but I suspect this might apply to any MS8 PRO model. The bottom line is I have found bluetooth connections are only possible if wifi is connected.

This is a pain in the ass if like me you want to stream your pc games over ethernet to your media player and use a wireless bluetooth gamepad connected to the media player to play pc games in the bedroom!

I've done some further testing and basically for Bluetooth to work you must be connected on wifi first. If you have bluetooth turned on with wifi turned off/not connected then bluetooth doesnt work. If you connect ethernet then wifi or just ethernet then bluetooth doesn't work. And even when you connect wifi first and then ethernet bluetooth does work for a little while before both the wifi and bluetooth connections drop out. So the only time you have "stable" bluetooth is when you are also using wifi only which defeats the purpose of buying a media player with ethernet support! Grrrrrrr Don't understand why bluetooth is not working on its own or with ethernet!

Is anyone else seeing this behavior or if you can, can you please test/confirm?
      If its a ROM issue I need to find a ROM that fixes this otherwise I need to send this box back to supplier and look at another model/brand!

PS for those not aware how game streaming is done and are curious you can stream with combination of GeForce Experience (Game Stream Option) on PC and Moonlight Streaming App on Android and I use SixAxis Controller App on android to connect a wireless PS3 controller

Also for those wanting to test this bluetooth issue you can try connecting to any bluetooth device (mobile phone, bluetooth speaker, etc) turn bluetooth on and wifi off on your MS8 PRO and see if you can connect to any bluetooth device?
      Last edited by r3dcat; 11-26-2017, 09:59.

Comment

Originally posted by majkel0 View Post
        I can't restore a original stock firmware . My Software: (20171030.162112.V0619) with TWRP. But if i use that image: http://freaktab.org/078d65b334fbcfc2 with USB Burning Tool i have a problem in bootloader. It show Android Logo with Cross. I Can't find a working *.zip image for TWRP to recover a stock firmware.

@EDIT

I try use that image in TWRP: M8S_PRO-ota-20170707.094011.V0321-fixed.zip from here: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...C979F57D71A88A

but isn't working.
        I had endless "failed to mount x,y,z partition"
        after backing up available data, I corrected the mount failure (right or wrongly) by "formatting data", then ran partition repairs...
        This got me back to square one but no system present , only 2 mgs showing.
        You have NO target data for the new rom to confirm.
        I have an @ Mag m8sPro nexus nano rom. (11/09 ?) stripped of the target confirming scripts.
        It worked super well to get me back in black...
        Courtesy of the MagMan.
        At your own risk...Risk, you are welcome to it.
        I could probably get it to Mega, or One drive to share.
        lmk. Luck2U. -ck
        Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I don't post those OTA updates with the environment checks stripped, since they'll brick any box that's incompatible with the bootloader. The instructions on how to do it yourself are pretty simple, though.

Guest I went to your 11/03 nano update (20171030 incremental ?? In build prop...why idk?)
        did I read somewhere nav bar is absent now?
        What are my options to acquire it? It's inop now.

-- Also I fixed this before, but forgot the how:
        The SU binary version is "UNKNOWN" though super SU is present. What's needed to correct binary to superSU pro?

TWRP app. wants to update. There is No sdk25 available.
        So? Don't attempt, because it's a custom version, and
        just delete the Twrp mgt. app?
        * Danke

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope, the nav bar is still there. In fact, my custom ROMs based on the Shiningworth All-in-One ROM include nav bar in the Android TV variant as well. This ROM is factory rooted, and so you've got to uninstall the factory root before you install SuperSU root. Tillaz97 had a script for that.

As for TWRP, I'm having trouble parsing your question. What's the problem there?

Okay, I'll look for that script. As I say I corrected this once before, I just don't remember the steps. I don't remember a script involved either.

TWRP has an official app, basically a maintenance app? Bottom line, yours is a custom-made script for these ROMs, which supports a q201 board or SDK25.
        So don't allow any changes to it? Results would be dire.

any idea how to assess my issue with the navbar? I know how they're you supposed to work and how to activate it, it's just not happening. Nothing to be seen in buildprop, or Toolbox Pro Etc? It may be one of those things comes online after multiple boots, Maybe? Pity, it was working so well,
        the only reason I reflashed is gapps was having multiple issues. It did solve that problem.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          See the note in the release notes. On the VideoStrong ROMs it's a bit flaky and you sometimes need to toggle it back and forth for the change to take.

And are you still running the OEM root, or is it advisable to change that out?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          As a rule, I just roll with whatever the underlying OEM firmware has done when it comes to rooting. If it's factory rooted, I let it be. And if it isn't, folks who really need it can find SuperSU or Magisk on their own pretty easily.

Okay, if I can get it to toggle off it'll probably come on... I'll jiggle it a bit and see, lol

As for super su pro... I have it on as a system app so I'm a little surprised, but I'll figure it out.

I have a more pressing question though.
        I need to know how to erase or break or bypass the bootloader on a q201 board.
        It's stuck in an animated boot loop.
        Can you offer a clue as to where to start?
        Will a manual pin shorting work, to force the board to look to the SD card?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          If you make it to the boot animation, that's not a bootloader issue. You should still be able to hold the reset switch in when connecting power to boot to recovery. Or, you can just flash a known-good burn package (.img file) using USB Burning Tool. Shorting pins for Mask ROM mode is a last resort, used only when you know you've got a bad bootloader.

Guest, I'm happily using your ROMs (Stock variant) on the several M8S Pro boxes in my home and office. There is just one thing I'd love to solve: the unpleasant sleep behavior.

Namely:

1- The boxes go to sleep if let unused for a short time, and no setting seems able to prevent this

2- Making matters worse, there is the known bug that they often require a full restart after sleep rather than resuming quickly.

Ideally, I'd like to disable the sleep behavior entirely -- I really don't see a need for the boxes not to be on all the time.

Any thoughts on how this might be accomplished? I've tried several of the "keep the box from sleeping" apps in the Play Store, with no useful effect...

Thanks!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, the underlying bug on wake from sleep is going to have to be fixed by VideoStrong. As for preventing sleep, I set the Stay On While Plugged In setting by default, which seems to do the trick for me on the TVStock variant, which is what I use in my living room. I hadn't realized it wasn't working on the non-ATV variants.

Could you confirm by enabling Developer Options (click 7 times on Settings->About->Build) and checking the "Stay Awake" setting there?

Yes, I have that turned on -- it has no effect, the box still goes to sleep after 10-15 minutes.

Comment

Hello, is the ethernet working with these roms?

Comment

Originally posted by Lolos21 View Post
            Hello, is the ethernet working with these roms?
            It is working with nano rom!

Comment

Thank you for the answer. Is it working with stock nexus rom also?

Comment

I wasn't aware that Ethernet ever stopped working on these M8S Pro custom ROMs. The only scenario that caused that was if you installed one based on the Shiningworth All-in-One ROM, which is currently only released for the Beelink GT1, Alfawise S92, Vorke Z6 and Tanix TX92. These are based on VideoStrong's OEM firmware, and have had the correct values set in the device tree for this Ethernet hardware.

Comment

OK. Thank you for the answer my friend. I just asked because I want to flash these roms in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X