Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro Stock & Nano Nexus ROMs (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to make sure I am right before I proceed. I loaded one of the earlier versions of this last October and currently am on 7.1.2 NHG47L 20170918.111557.V0619 (stock build) Can I just upgrade by loading the OTA for Stock and nothing else? I just want to be sure before proceeding. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddy View Post

Same issue here. In power settings I set box to turn off completely, next reboot wifi comes on as normal or you have to go to wifi connection and disable wifi and back on manualy. This issue was not there on previous release.
      Same issue as the others. When woken from sleep, wifi just wont work/connect. Have to reboot the box. Also find that the top bar is always visible (can't be hidden or pulled down) if the box sleeps and is woken. Reverted to an earlier update and the issue is not there with it.
      Last edited by boxno1; 04-07-2018, 17:25. Reason: spelling

Comment

Kodi 64 Bit, is there a way to have this work on this box? I assume the build.prop may need to be adjusted so the box is recognized as something other than a phone. The install error states it's not compatible with your phone.

UPDATE: I believe I figured out why. Even though the CPU is 64bit the OS is probably 32bit....... damn =)
        Last edited by Prez; 05-14-2018, 14:19.

Comment

Hi,
          I installed nexus M8S_PRO-V0928_Stock-20180310, then NovaLauncher ... everithing is ok I suppose ... top status bar is not allways visible ... installed kodi by play store and works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Prez View Post
            Kodi 64 Bit, is there a way to have this work on this box? I assume the build.prop may need to be adjusted so the box is recognized as something other than a phone. The install error states it's not compatible with your phone.

UPDATE: I believe I figured out why. Even though the CPU is 64bit the OS is probably 32bit....... damn =)
            be sure that our OS (android 7.1.2) is 32-bit ... maybe we.ll have android 8 for 64-bit

Comment

Sorry I have installed the ROM successfully, but how can I root this device ?

Sent from my GEM-703L using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Phana View Post
                Sorry I have installed the ROM successfully, but how can I root this device ?

Sent from my GEM-703L using Tapatalk
                I think the rom is rooted .Check it with rootchecker app .

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, it's factory rooted.

Originally posted by zenix View Post

I think the rom is rooted .Check it with rootchecker app .
                When I open ES explorer, I turn on root exlorer, it said "sorry test failed, this feature cannot turn on on this device.." Do I need install supersu from playstore ?

Comment

Okay... Stupid questions that need answers:
                  I preface them with a big thank you for saving me from an impending aneurysm.

1) How to ditch, or hide Google now screen wide search bar?
                  ​​​​​​... I'm able to do this on most custom phones ROMs, what am I missing?

2) How do I reliably, consistently mirror or cast lg g3 content (primarily YT red downloads)
                  ​​​​​​... WITH ONLY The benefit of "hotspotting" or bt paring.
                  Presently NO 3rd party wifi network to pair both devices to.
                  Surely this is possible, with the proper apk helping Yes?
                  I am stuck and frustrated as hell!
                  Please, advise and opinions to clarify what is needed
                  Many advance thanks ! - CK
                  ​​​​​
                  ​​​
                  Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Changelog (20180829):
                    • Updated to latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
                    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
                    • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
                    • Latest build from Open GApps (20180828)
                    Known Bugs:
                    • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
                    • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
                    Download:

Comment

Guest widevine 1 and drm, etc. Working as on prior rom?
                      ​​​​​​... Which was based on "L" oem?
                      Correct?
                      Thanks for remembering us po 'PRO' peeps!
                      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

i m new user of T95n box plz help me.... How can I run this firmware in my T95n S905x Box?
                      It has a specific procedure or directly update with USB in the Box?

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                        Changelog (20180829):
                        Known Bugs:
                        • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
                        • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
                        Download:
                        Hi,

What about TVStock? Abandoned forever?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm working on it now. This OEM firmware was only posted last week, so please be patient.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                        Changelog (20180829):
                        Hi Magendanz, thanks for your work!

Comment

@Magendanz

How do I switch from this to TV version and back if I need to? Any recommendations?

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I recommend a data wipe when switching between ATV and non-ATV variants, either by checking the box during the update or by using the Amlogic burn package (.img file). That will give you a fresh, factory install.
                        Working...
                        X