Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lyubodelev View Post

So it really works!

Yes, it worked.

Comment

[Solved] Amlogic TV Box Flash Error - Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error - 7%

Here the video, I posted on YouTube, I had to put a filter because I shot in the dark and the image turned red and there is no audio:

​​​​​
      The video is just a confirmation that worked. So if you are going through something similar do not give up on your device. For more details on the error click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180805_165040.jpg Views:	2 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	741631

1° I cut my 1 meter cable and sewed it with solder, but it did not work initially on the first notebook.

2° I cleaned on the motherboard of the box, with "clean contacts". Well, I do not know if that made any difference, I could only test days later.

3° Maybe that was the cat's leap, I made the flash on a newer laptop, with Windows 7 and with all Windows updates installed.

Extra: At some point I tried the Boot in a Linux distribution (Armbian) by the memory card, but I could not initialize the distro, restart in the Nexus logo.

So I went on the PC, and took the first picture I read the Stock's name (thinking it's the OEM firmware), when the flash came out I realized I had chosen the Nexus StockTV image. Iol
      ​​​​​
      Special thanks to: lyubodelev and supermal
      Last edited by Novato; 08-24-2018, 17:04.

Comment

And now what? MIBOX3?
        Look what a nice clock widget I found!
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4gt2rkilw...93015.png?dl=1
        That's better! Open with Dropbox!
        Last edited by lyubodelev; 08-24-2018, 18:00.

Comment

Dude, it's cool, I just do not know if it competes with Mibox 3. The MiBox interface is designed for use with remote control. But changing its interface is pretty cool. I bet you spent a long time setting it up, huh? haha

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180824-200555.png Views:	1 Size:	855.3 KB ID:	741652
            Originally posted by Novato View Post
            Dude, it's cool, I just do not know if it competes with Mibox 3. The MiBox interface is designed for use with remote control. But changing its interface is pretty cool. I bet you spent a long time setting it up, huh? haha
            I am waiting for the lan driver for our box for MINIX FW008 firmware!

Comment

It sounds interesting, it's always nice to have other firmware options. Usually minix handsets have a built-in hearing aid. It would be interesting to couple a USB Wi-Fi adapter to our TV Box natively. Any way any network card related problem would be easily solved.

Comment

It sounds interesting, it's always nice to have other firmware options. Usually minix handsets have a built-in hearing aid. It would be interesting to couple a USB Wi-Fi adapter to our TV Box natively. Any way any network card related problem would be easily solved.
                Look nice!
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180824-201537.png Views:	1 Size:	303.0 KB ID:	741656
                wifi somehow is working, I don't know how, as on Minix it is AP6255...

Comment

For example in the Armbian distribution, if not mistake it is possible to install any adapter and the device will recognize.

Comment

Look nice!

Yes, I have seen some reviews, they are more expensive than the ones we use. the Wi-Fi is a highlight. It's only a shame that Minix does not offer native support for Android TV. Although I have already solved this with MiBox, which should arrive soon. It already has the Android TV Oreo.

Comment

For example in the Armbian distribution, if not mistake it is possible to install any adapter and the device will recognize.
                      The author says to wait, and we wait!
                      You may try it, without working lan! Do you want?
                      Here is what you want, but for Ugoos!
                      ​​​​​​http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=73599200

Comment

[Solved] Amlogic TV Box Flash Error - Uboot/Get result/DiskInitial error - 7%

Here the video, I posted on YouTube, I had to put a filter because I shot in the dark and the image turned red and there is no audio:

​​​​​
                        The video is just a confirmation that worked. So if you are going through something similar do not give up on your device. For more details on the error click here.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20180805_165040.jpg Views:	2 Size:	98.4 KB ID:	741631

1° I cut my 1 meter cable and sewed it with solder, but it did not work initially on the first notebook.

2° I cleaned on the motherboard of the box, with "clean contacts". Well, I do not know if that made any difference, I could only test days later.

3° Maybe that was the cat's leap, I made the flash on a newer laptop, with Windows 7 and with all Windows updates installed.

Extra: At some point I tried the Boot in a Linux distribution (Armbian) by the memory card, but I could not initialize the distro, restart in the Nexus logo.

So I went on the PC, and took the first picture I read the Stock's name (thinking it's the OEM firmware), when the flash came out I realized I had chosen the Nexus StockTV image. Iol
                        ​​​​​
                        Special thanks to: lyubodelev and supermal
                        Glad you did not give up hope and succeeded in recovering your box!now you know what to do.all part of the fun.lol

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

Glad you did not give up hope and succeeded in recovering your box!now you know what to do.all part of the fun.lol
                          Yes, thanks for the force! After recovering the device I was not satisfied and spent two nights without getting tired trying to find a better version of Distro Armbina (Debian, Ubuntu and Kodi) for our beloved M8S Pro.

Unfortunately it does not run 100%, of course my memory card is not the best, but it is a good system for anyone who wants to lose time with linux, lol. It was good I remembran how to run a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade.

In short, I already left the should aside and I'm starting to improve the Android TV OS again and again. I'm just in doubt about what I'm going to do with it when my MiBox arrives. But I do not think I'm going to sell. I'll probably replace the cooler with a new one and use it for games.

Comment

I have not even shared this with P.X still but I'm thinking about buying this beauty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	-8701786551533115087.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	741698

Comment

The author says to wait, and we wait!
                              You may try it, without working lan! Do you want?
                              Here is what you want, but for Ugoos!
                              ​​​​​​http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=73599200
                              Exactly, he told me to wait until the weekend. But I already have a version installed here just for fun.

Comment

Forgive me, I thought you were talking about the Distro Armbian. In case of Minix firmware well built, but it does not make my style for being an Android for Tablet.

Comment

Working...
                                X