Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any updates on the new ROMs for this tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by Sumphlet View Post
      Any updates on the new ROMs for this tablet?
      Yes!

I started to upload these a few days ago, but I ran a final test for some last minute mods, and discovered some bugs in my installer and backup scripts...

I've got the backup working perfectly now, and I think I've narrowed the install problem. I've got a few days off work for comic con, so I should be able to get the installer working correctly and get these released before I go back.

It's currently skipping some of the binary files during install (like su for root). I believe the problem lies in the zip method I've been using, but further testing is necessary to confirm and correct the issue.

When these get released, you'll have slightly customized roms based on the 10/28/13 stock builds for both tablet versions. They will be pre-rooted, slightly debloated, deodexed, zip aligned and more...

You'll also be able to say goodbye to the Nextbook splash screens that everyone seems to hate so much... I hope everyone likes the new ones better!

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Can't wait... Have fun at comic con!

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

Comment

Will it have init.d or will we have to enable it using term init, zip init, or uni init from XDA?

Comment

Originally posted by locuraconsigueusted View Post
            Will it have init.d or will we have to enable it using term init, zip init, or uni init from XDA?

I'm going to enable init.d support the standard way through init.rc in the boot image.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
              I'm going to enable init.d support the standard way through init.rc in the boot image.

ShaunMT
              what ua initd?????

Comment

Originally posted by roadkill View Post
                what ua initd?????
                Enables a folder that you can place any desired script in to have the script auto run during boot up.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Enables a folder that you can place any desired script in to have the script auto run during boot up.

ShaunMT
                  that a good thing I m don't under Stanton why need it sorry I'm still clearing all of this

Comment

Re: Amlogic Next8HD8G (NX008HD8G) Modified Recovery - Stock Rom & Flashable Root

that a good thing I m don't under Stanton why need it sorry I'm still clearing all of this
                    Most people don't. Basically it provides a way to to add to init.rc without modifying the boot image again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                    Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Most people don't. Basically it provides a way to to add to init.rc without modifying the boot image again.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                      what things could b added?

Comment

what things could b added?
                        Try googling "android init.d scripts"...

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Try googling "android init.d scripts"...

ShaunMT
                          ok i will

Comment

cwm

is tjere a easy way to flash cwm to the tablet rather to ext sd card i only have 2 gig one i like to change roms often like i do on my phone this way i can go to cwm on tad chose whitch one tjen it reboots and then installs tje room i chose easer for me and faster i dont plan on using any updates from nextbook

Comment

Use the flash_image from the link I sent you. Push it Or copy It to /system/bin and chmod 755 it. Then use terminal emulator or adb shell and type:

Su
                              Flash_image recovery /storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/uImage_recovery

Hope this helps.

*NOTE*
                              If you experience issues, Shaun has already stated that he will not be supporting it directly on the tablet. I'm not sure if he will be true to that statement, but have a nandroid backup just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by locuraconsigueusted View Post
                                Use the flash_image from the link I sent you. Push it Or copy It to /system/bin and chmod 755 it. Then use terminal emulator or adb shell and type:

Su
                                Flash_image recovery /storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/uImage_recovery

Hope this helps.

*NOTE*
                                If you experience issues, Shaun has already stated that he will not be supporting it directly on the tablet. I'm not sure if he will be true to that statement, but have a nandroid backup just in case.

chmod 755 it sorry dont under stand i have never used adb or things like that always programs that do every thing for me if i had a step by step of every thin i need and the steps i can get it down loaded and printed out for my self i want to learn all of this just dont have a lot of spare time i want to get my lenix machine but dont know what size hard drive i need so i can get it set up i have two fast pcs sow thats not any isue there thanks for all ur help so far

Comment

Working...
                                X