This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    Cool. I think that is the newest serial I've heard of. Can you download a build prop editor app and look for the build date? If it is newer than 10/13, please dump the ROM.

Here are the dump instructions:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7768-How-To-Dump-The-Stock-ROM-from-an-Amlogic-Based-Nextbook-Tablet

ShaunMT
    The build date is Oct 28 2013

Comment

Originally posted by lordboo03 View Post
      The build date is Oct 28 2013
      I already have this version. Thanks though!

ShaunMT
      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

ETA?

I already have this version. Thanks though!

ShaunMT
        Is there an ETA on the October Build?

Comment

Good News For Bricked Tablets With The Newer Manufacture Dates

I've started reviewing the ROM dumps I received from the Next8HD8G tablets with the newer manufacture dates.

Sure enough, it looks like the internal components changed at some point.

The new bootloader is different, which is why the older ROM bricked some of your tablets.

The new bootloader bricked my tablet.

You guys who are bricked because you flashed the older ROM revision on a newer tablet are going to need an Amlogic Rescue SD Card with the new bootloader, a modified or custom recovery, and the new ROM to get your tablets working again.

I'll be posting unbrick kits to make the special SD card and the new ROMs soon. (I'll be posting every version I have for each tablet eventually, just in case some one needs a different revision date.)

Stay tuned...

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Hey again few days ago I bricked my October 2013 produced tab n I was still able to return it so if u want the 12/2013 built rom ill look over the dumping guide n get started just lemme know

Comment

Originally posted by Xeriios View Post
              Hey again few days ago I bricked my October 2013 produced tab n I was still able to return it so if u want the 12/2013 built rom ill look over the dumping guide n get started just lemme know
              Download a build prop editing app and see what the build date is

ShaunMT
              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Download a build prop editing app and see what the build date is

ShaunMT
                The tab build on 12/13 has build prop dated 10/28/13
                I'm assuming it hasn't changed correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Xeriios View Post
                  The tab build on 12/13 has build prop dated 10/28/13
                  I'm assuming it hasn't changed correct?
                  I would assume the same. I think the 10/28/13 build is the newest. I will try to get a copy posted tonight or tomorrow.
                  Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

BootLoader.IMG

I would assume the same. I think the 10/28/13 build is the newest. I will try to get a copy posted tonight or tomorrow.
                    Probably a stupid question, but... If it's the bootloader that changed, couldn't you just put the new bootloader in the old ZIP???

Comment

Originally posted by locuraconsigueusted View Post
                      Probably a stupid question, but... If it's the bootloader that changed, couldn't you just put the new bootloader in the old ZIP???
                      Not a stupid question. That would work, if it were just the bootloader, but it's also drivers and lib files and...

I'm working on getting it all packaged up. I'm also trying to finish up CWM and the unbrick kits... I want to post it all together so I don't have to rewrite the instructions later or answer so many support questions.

ShaunMT

P.S. It doesn't help that my hardware seems to be failing, which is making it extremely difficult to test.
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Not a stupid question. That would work, if it were just the bootloader, but it's also drivers and lib files and...

I'm working on getting it all packaged up. I'm also trying to finish up CWM and the unbrick kits... I want to post it all together so I don't have to rewrite the instructions later or answer so many support questions.

ShaunMT

P.S. It doesn't help that my hardware seems to be failing, which is making it extremely difficult to test.
                        Think I speak for everyone when I say ty for all the hard work and dedication, will be donating soon

Comment

tester

Hey Shaunmt-- I am happy to test for you anytime. Possibly I might be interested in donating a nx008hd8g. I have a backup of the latest from Walmart still in the box with serial beginning with yfg1113xxxxx. PM me if you are interested in either one.

Comment

Goid going with unbrick kits idea. Will make you the most popular guy for discount tabs . Glad you are working on thus still. I was going to try to get into it but I just don't have the time with a baby on the way and just don't have the time it woukd take to get to know everything id need to make a new rom from scratch on a tab with very little support other than you. Oh and a qquestion, is there a way to expand the internal storage partition and lower the sdcard partion? If so how? Not vold_swap as that switches the internsl and external sdcard from what I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
                              Goid going with unbrick kits idea. Will make you the most popular guy for discount tabs . Glad you are working on thus still. I was going to try to get into it but I just don't have the time with a baby on the way and just don't have the time it woukd take to get to know everything id need to make a new rom from scratch on a tab with very little support other than you. Oh and a qquestion, is there a way to expand the internal storage partition and lower the sdcard partion? If so how? Not vold_swap as that switches the internsl and external sdcard from what I understand.
                              A swap is the only option right now because the partion mapping and the file system formatting are hard coded in the kernel. We'll need a custom bootloader and a custom kernel before we can adjust the partition sizes.

One idea I've considered testing, but haven't gotten around to yet, is to either swap the mnt points for /data and /sdcard. I'd rather have the larger partition as /data, but I'm not sure this will work because of the filesystems.

Another idea, would be to not mount the internal SD card at all. We would be sacrificing that storage space, but then we should be able to install apps on the external SD card. I'd happily give up the internal space to make more use of my 32 GB external SD card. Again, I have gotten around to testing this.

ShaunMT
                              Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

System TAR?

I had received the one from NeroWolf, but the archive was corrupt (probably because it was pulled with the dd if commands) Can anybody send me a stock system.tar pulled with the busybox tar command?

EDIT: Nevermind, I borrowed my sister's tab and pulled the partition myself.

Thanks,
                                locuraconsigueusted
                                Last edited by locuraconsigueusted; 01-20-2014, 21:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X