X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bricked and hoping forthe best

Anxiously waiting. Thanx!
    Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
    The only way to tell is to check the stock build.prop.

If you currently have a bricked Next8HD8G, you most likely flashed a NXM8000ND_WM ROM on a NXM8000NBD_WMN board, considering that I have not yet released any NXM8000NBD_WMN ROMs.

All of the current ROMs for the Next8HD8G are for NXM8000ND_WM boards.

I'll be releasing new stock ROMs for both boards within the next week or so, along with CWM and Unbrick Kits, depends on how long testing takes, considering I don't own one with a NXM8000NBD_WMN board.

The new ROMs will automatically back up your current bootloaders, build.prop, and dmesg output before installing, so as long as people do nandroid backups in CWM before installing, they'll have all the parts necessary to create a proper stock ROM and unbrick kit if they screw up and install the wrong ROM on a tablet that doesn't already have files available.

ShaunMT
    Originally posted by locuraconsigueusted View Post
    How can we tell the difference (especially if we are bricked)?

Comment

]How can we tell the difference (especially if we are bricked)

Originally posted by locuraconsigueusted View Post
      How can we tell the difference (especially if we are bricked)?
      It will be shown as "build.prop" in the top level of the "system" file in the your root directory. Your root directory will be shown as the phone symbol when using Astro File Manager to search for the file. There is also a "default.prop" which (I think) mirrors the "build.prop." Of course, If you are bricked, nothing works. You can also tell, to the day, when the device was manufactured. Yifang, the manufacturer, also builds for Archos and several other well known European brands. Thanks for Shaun for the work. Please, oh please, come out with a mod that gets rid of the awful, tacky, OEM boot screen.

Comment

Did you even read the rest of the thread? That was established a long time ago, and I was looking for a different method anyway.

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jimbrook View Post
          It will be shown as "build.prop" in the top level of the "system" file in the your root directory. Your root directory will be shown as the phone symbol when using Astro File Manager to search for the file. There is also a "default.prop" which (I think) mirrors the "build.prop." Of course, If you are bricked, nothing works. You can also tell, to the day, when the device was manufactured. Yifang, the manufacturer, also builds for Archos and several other well known European brands. Thanks for Shaun for the work. Please, oh please, come out with a mod that gets rid of the awful, tacky, OEM boot screen.
          If they are bricked, they can't boot to check those locations.

default.prop is inside the boot.img... you have to know how to dump and then unpack the boot.img to get to it.

I've asked Tattman to work on some custom splash screens, which I intend to use in all future ROMs, including stock based ROMs.

ShaunMT
          Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Unbrick Kits for Next8HD8G (both boards) Have Been Released

Unbrick Kits for Amlogic Based Nextbooks - Download Thread

Unbrick Kits for Amlogic Based Nextbooks - Support Thread

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

SD Card and Storage settings

shaunmt,

First, sorry for the cross post. I have a
              Next8HD8G, to which I just flashed the stock rom and the root package using the modified 3e recovery (all found here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Flashable-Root). Now, I am unable to access the external SD card I have. When I put it in or remove it, I do get the notification, but when I go to storage settings, I get 'Unfortunately, settings has stopped'. Also, when I use ES File explorer, it says the SD card is unmounted. Do you have any idea why this is happening, and more importantly, what I can do to fix this? Please let me know when you can. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by jateed View Post
                shaunmt,

First, sorry for the cross post. I have a
                Next8HD8G, to which I just flashed the stock rom and the root package using the modified 3e recovery (all found here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...Flashable-Root). Now, I am unable to access the external SD card I have. When I put it in or remove it, I do get the notification, but when I go to storage settings, I get 'Unfortunately, settings has stopped'. Also, when I use ES File explorer, it says the SD card is unmounted. Do you have any idea why this is happening, and more importantly, what I can do to fix this? Please let me know when you can. Thank you.
                This is a common and frustrating problem. Here some suggestions to correct the issue:

Remove the external SD Card
                Boot into stock internal recovery
                Wipe Data (Twice)
                Wipe Cache (Twice)
                Reboot, verify Data and Internal SD Card mount correctly
                Reinsert External SD Card
                Verify External SD Card mounts correctly

If not...
                Remove the external SD Card
                Boot into stock internal recovery
                Wipe Data (Twice)
                Wipe Cache (Twice)
                Wipe Media (Twice)
                Reboot, verify Data and Internal SD Card mount correctly
                Reinsert External SD Card
                Verify External SD Card mounts correctly

If not...
                Reformat the external SD Card on a comptuter

If it still won't mount...
                Reflash the ROM

Wiping usually solves this problem, although it does not always work on the first try.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I had the same problem untill I wiped cache and data several times.

Comment

Nextbook NX008HD8G, YFG0114005290, Bricked =(

Well first I attempted root par instructions on this model, the flash went smoothly, upon rebooting the tablet froze at the secound splash screen, I attempted re-flashing with the kyser zip still locked at the secound screen, so I decided too reflash the stok rom... it also installed smoothly but it killed the tablet it wont even turn on now... Im guessing i am SOL on this?

Comment

q

Originally posted by drandoss View Post
                      Well first I attempted root par instructions on this model, the flash went smoothly, upon rebooting the tablet froze at the secound splash screen, I attempted re-flashing with the kyser zip still locked at the secound screen, so I decided too reflash the stok rom... it also installed smoothly but it killed the tablet it wont even turn on now... Im guessing i am SOL on this?
                      maby not have u checked to see if ur pc can find ur tab if it can then there is hope it just b a little more work to get up and running if no internal failer on ur device

Comment

Re: Amlogic Next8HD8G (NX008HD8G) Modified Recovery - Stock Rom & Flashable Root

Originally posted by drandoss View Post
                        Do you know if you have the nxm8000nd_wm or nxm8000nbd_wmn version?

It sounds like you used the wrong version files.

You will probably need an unbrick kit and the rom I expect to post later tonight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

If they are bricked, they can't boot to check those locations.

default.prop is inside the boot.img... you have to know how to dump and then unpack the boot.img to get to it.

I've asked Tattman to work on some custom splash screens, which I intend to use in all future ROMs, including stock based ROMs.

ShaunMT
                          Is there any other way to check which model I have. When I search inn astro for stock. Or default prop nothing it's found and I don't want to use the wrong one and brick my tablet

Comment

Originally posted by BigEggy View Post
                            Is there any other way to check which model I have. When I search inn astro for stock. Or default prop nothing it's found and I don't want to use the wrong one and brick my tablet
                            Assuming your tablet currently works normally, the easiest way is to download a build.prop editor from the play store. It will display the contents of your build.prop file. You can find the board id in any of the following fields: ro.product.board, ro.build.product, ro.build.description or ro.build.fingerprint

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

build prop

Assuming your tablet currently works normally, the easiest way is to download a build.prop editor from the play store. It will display the contents of your build.prop file. You can find the board id in any of the following fields: ro.product.board, ro.build.product, ro.build.description or ro.build.fingerprint

ShaunMT
                              allso rom tool box lite can get the sme info to

Comment

thanks

Thank you guys I found which one I have...now just time to download and get this thing rolling...thanks again
                                I have the nx008hd8g / nx8000nd_wm

Comment

Working...
                                X