Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S905X Android 8.0 Oreo (Tested on Mini M8S II. Possibile to work on other GXL/S905X boxes. Testing needed! "WIP")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sagert View Post

There is a program Reboot with a Playmarket to enter the recovery.Android 8.1 requires root permission to install Magisk.
    This rom includes root access with supersu, I think that's not the problem, the recovery has disappeared I do not know if with amlogic flasher or when installing this rom from android 6 stock, the question is that I do not know how to install another recovery to install another Rom, I do not recognize windows the TV box to use adb or fastboot and install an image of the recovery and previously I only recognized it by pressing the button that has the box to enter the recovery, I do not know where to start.

Comment

Originally posted by alcaide View Post
      Cho

This rom includes root access with supersu, I think that's not the problem, the recovery has disappeared I do not know if with amlogic flasher or when installing this rom from android 6 stock, the question is that I do not know how to install another recovery to install another Rom, I do not recognize windows the TV box to use adb or fastboot and install an image of the recovery and previously I only recognized it by pressing the button that has the box to enter the recovery, I do not know where to start.
      I wrote here.Install the Root Rashr Flash Tool from the Playmarket.Open Root Rashr Flash Tool.Choose to install Recovery.Choose file twrp3.2.1.

Comment

I wrote here.Install the Root Rashr Flash Tool from the Playmarket.Open Root Rashr Flash Tool.Choose to install Recovery.Choose file twrp3.2.1.
        thanks for the help, I have tried and I am the same as before, I can not install a recovery, there is no way, it does not open your heart, some more option thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alcaide View Post

thanks for the help, I have tried and I am the same as before, I can not install a recovery, there is no way, it does not open your heart, some more option thanks
          Ask a friend.I write english with a translation.

Comment

I made android 8.1 aosp with aosp_8.1_v25_phhusson.
            s1a1g1e1r1t has 9 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.

Android 9.0 is unstable.
            I need the file img, can you please give it?

Comment

Originally posted by khanhsac View Post

I need the file img, can you please give it?
              I can not do.Did using Amlogic Customization Tool XDA.It turns out but connecting to a computer is not interrogated and is undefined.Ask a friend to install twrp.You can still install with Playmarket Android Terminal Emulator.Open Terminal Emulator.In it, enter the commands for installation twrp.
              1. su
              2. dd if=/sdcard/twrp3.2.1.img of=/dev/block/recovery
              3. reboot recovery
              The first command for root
              The second command passes twrp
              The third command overloads in the new twrp3.2.1
              In it and install zip file.
              But better ask who knows how to install twrp in android.
              If you are not sure, do not go!!!!!!!!
              Backup to twrp.To return.

Ask for help in creating an image for downloading through the computer from these files to Ricky Diviacovsky XDA.

Customization Tool 8.9.4 (All versions of android) The tool supports Amlogic, Rockchip and Allwinner firmwares Download from my official website - Download Note: There is a free and a paid version. Free version still works fine for most uses...
              Last edited by sagert; 01-04-2019, 10:16.

Comment

Hi Lewy20041

I have installed on my S905x mini S3 and looks everything good but I am getting BLUETOOTH keeps stopping message in the middle of the screen.

Is there any way to resolved this?

Comment

Thank you very much for your work lewy20041 and sagert!
                  I will definitely try v25 soon.
                  Last edited by lassieee; 01-16-2019, 21:37.

Comment

Good luck to you.

Comment

I installed oreo_8.0.0_by_levy yesterday. Flashing initially failed at 7% but after retrying it finished without errors. The OTA (10MB) flashed nicely too. The rom looks really nice, i'm not experiencing any bluetooth issues. The only "issue" i'm having is that it's sometimes hard to click a button with my flymouse, as mentioned by other people too, but since i'm mainly using netflix and kodi so controlling it with the arrow keys it a an issue.
                      I installed twrp.img (the one sagert hosted a link for on github) by clicking the twrp.img from ES file explorer, it opened rashr flash tool and installed nicely.

I am a bit confused though, about whether I should install v25 or v26, as per the instructions on sagert's github link. Android 8 by levy is working fine for me.
                      Any recommendation on if I should install v25 or 26? I'm mostly looking for a painless rom.

Kudo's for lewy20041 for this rom. I was thinking about replacing this "old android 6 box" but you've given new life to it ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by lassieee View Post
                        I installed oreo_8.0.0_by_levy yesterday. Flashing initially failed at 7% but after retrying it finished without errors. The OTA (10MB) flashed nicely too. The rom looks really nice, i'm not experiencing any bluetooth issues. The only "issue" i'm having is that it's sometimes hard to click a button with my flymouse, as mentioned by other people too, but since i'm mainly using netflix and kodi so controlling it with the arrow keys it a an issue.
                        I installed twrp.img (the one sagert hosted a link for on github) by clicking the twrp.img from ES file explorer, it opened rashr flash tool and installed nicely.

I am a bit confused though, about whether I should install v25 or v26, as per the instructions on sagert's github link. Android 8 by levy is working fine for me.
                        Any recommendation on if I should install v25 or 26? I'm mostly looking for a painless rom.

Kudo's for lewy20041 for this rom. I was thinking about replacing this "old android 6 box" but you've given new life to it ;-)
                        Can be made in twrp backup android 8.0 , and then install v27 android 8.1.And also make backup android 8.1 in twrp.And after that , you can return with the help of backup from 8.1 to 8.0 .

Comment

Excellent, thanks. I will definitely try that, since I have a working TWRP
                          I'll report back my findings.

Comment

So, I played a little with v27. Flashing took some time but completed without errors. Upon first boot I got a popup "Android System - There's a problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details". After clicking "OK" I went through the setup wizard and configured my google account. The rom looks nice but I had a couple issues:
                            1) first thing to do is disable screen rotation, or else the homescreen will go 90 degrees counter clockwise
                            2) not able to move shortcuts on homescreen, or place installed app on desktop (but thats the same as on levy's 8.0)
                            3) screen goes off, like on a phone
                            3) unable to return to homescreen from apps. pressing esc or back on my flymouse doesn't work. In Levy's 8.0 I can just click the right mouse button on my flymouse to "go home" EDIT: i have a home button on my flymouse that gets me back.
                            4) text under installed apps on homescreen is cut in half. the bottom half is missing
                            5) swiping up from homescreen does not work
                            6) unable to boot into recovery with reboot apps

I'll be reflashing Levy's 8.0 as that is more stable for me. Thanks for your effort.
                            Last edited by lassieee; 01-17-2019, 16:50. Reason: replaced desktop by homescreen

Comment

Originally posted by lassieee View Post
                              So, I played a little with v27. Flashing took some time but completed without errors. Upon first boot I got a popup "Android System - There's a problem with your device. Contact your manufacturer for details". After clicking "OK" I went through the setup wizard and configured my google account. The rom looks nice but I had a couple issues:
                              1) first thing to do is disable screen rotation, or else the homescreen will go 90 degrees counter clockwise
                              2) not able to move shortcuts on homescreen, or place installed app on desktop (but thats the same as on levy's 8.0)
                              3) screen goes off, like on a phone
                              3) unable to return to homescreen from apps. pressing esc or back on my flymouse doesn't work. In Levy's 8.0 I can just click the right mouse button on my flymouse to "go home" EDIT: i have a home button on my flymouse that gets me back.
                              4) text under installed apps on homescreen is cut in half. the bottom half is missing
                              5) swiping up from homescreen does not work
                              6) unable to boot into recovery with reboot apps

I'll be reflashing Levy's 8.0 as that is more stable for me. Thanks for your effort.
                              In the settings you can prohibit screen rotation.You can return to another system via backup twrp .Everything is configured in the settings.Maybe later you will understand how to configure.
                              By the way, I launched android 9.To be continued.

Comment

yeah, you can also swipe down and click the screen rotation button to lock rotation. I was only stating my experiences. I used a reboot app to reboot/shutdown/boot to recovery, but that app hangs on "booting to recovery" in v27. I thought I had to reflash using the USB flashing tool, but the box rebooted to TWRP after holding the reset button, so i wiped everything and restored my 8.0 backup and all is good now.

Android 9?! sounds good!

Comment

Working...
                                X