Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFAIK the Tronsmart MK908 doesn't work OOTB with Picuntu 4.5. Here's a post with a fix for it, but unfortunatly the embedded google-link isn't working anymore.

Any hints on how to get picuntu up & running on a MK908?

thanks in advance,
    Ben

Comment

Rebuild kernel for wired ethernet on K-R42

Originally posted by shaan_npl View Post
      After a long trial , I finally managed to compile a kernel for picuntu which recognizes my chipset rtl8188etv vid=0bda pid=0179 out of the box.It should also work for rtl8188eu. I would like to thank Mr. mmm123 and leolas for helping me and Mr. Alok sinha for such a wonderful distro.....
      Thanks..
      In the meanwhile, I will try to upload the kernel, if somebody is interested to try, they can..
      Hello Shaan,
      I used your kernel for a while and Wifi works just fine. Now I would like to get wired ethernet working on my K-R42 and need some additional modules that your kernel is missing.
      Currently I fail to cross compile a working kernel on my Ubuntu 13.04 machine (compilation works but the K-R42 won't boot my kernel. I used your .config as a startpoint and just added what I need.
      Could you please tell what sources you've used to get a working build environment to build your kernel?

Thanks in advance!

Btw: Does anyone know a good all in one explanation on how to build a kernel for picuntu 4.5? I found some bits and peaces but I think I still didn't fully understand how things fit together.
      Last edited by fraction; 12-07-2013, 16:23.

Comment

Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
        There are multiple reports with usb3 failing. Usb2 is key.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
        I have tried with the usb2 port and get the same result. When I flash picuntu 4.5 the device does not respond. Blue light remain black and no signal at all to the monitor. When I flash back a ROM stock update (update or restore action) or custom ROM (finless) the blue light lights for a while, the Tronsmart logo appeared, the monitor commute to the 1080/60 mode and it remains black until the blue light get off.

Comment

Originally posted by patdut View Post
          I have tried with the usb2 port and get the same result. When I flash picuntu 4.5 the device does not respond. Blue light remain black and no signal at all to the monitor. When I flash back a ROM stock update (update or restore action) or custom ROM (finless) the blue light lights for a while, the Tronsmart logo appeared, the monitor commute to the 1080/60 mode and it remains black until the blue light get off.
          I have got some understanding on what happened . The MK908 version I own is the V5. Maybe picuntu 4.5 is not compatible with this version, maybe the v1 to v3 but not the v5.
          I flashed the device with a update_mk908_202j2203_overseas.img rom and it get back it to life.
          I don't know if there is any way to get a picuntu version for the v5 that can be full functionnal .

Comment

Originally posted by fraction View Post
            Hello Shaan,
            I used your kernel for a while and Wifi works just fine. Now I would like to get wired ethernet working on my K-R42 and need some additional modules that your kernel is missing.
            Currently I fail to cross compile a working kernel on my Ubuntu 13.04 machine (compilation works but the K-R42 won't boot my kernel. I used your .config as a startpoint and just added what I need.
            Could you please tell what sources you've used to get a working build environment to build your kernel?

Thanks in advance!

Btw: Does anyone know a good all in one explanation on how to build a kernel for picuntu 4.5? I found some bits and peaces but I think I still didn't fully understand how things fit together.
            Source code ist from alok >https://github.com/aloksinha2001/Linux3188
            and more current >https://github.com/gen2thomas/Linux3188_CloudnetGoCR9
            building the kernel first
            1.make mrproper
            2.make ARCH=arm "Here enter the name of your defconfig"
            3. in defconfig linie "CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE="" " put version your compiler for example I have in my ubuntu /usr arm-linux-gnueabihf ,them CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
            4. in defconfig linie CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE="enter the path to the initramfs "
            5. make kernel.img
            you can use buildroot to create your own kernel and initramfs from here > http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/do...435ceca.tar.gz
            and add to your distro everything that you compile with the buildroot.
            you can use config from linuxum>

and initramfs >https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O...it?usp=sharing

I forgot when you use linaro arm gcc "To use this toolchain, you must disable soft float usage." in kernel source /arch/arm/Makefile change "-msoft-float" to " -mfloat-abi=softfp ".

when you use linuxum .config you must attach a wifi rtl8188eu do not do anything manually in the .config file make using make menuconfig, and buildroot make linux-menuconfig.
            And as you start picuntu, switch off the module rkwifi "sudo nano / etc / modules" it will then work rtl8188eu.

Last edited by taki-arm; 12-08-2013, 17:07.
            flycast mk809iii

Comment

Device not found MK802IV

Hello, I'm having a problem using this tool. When loaded in bootloader (at least I think it is loaded in bootloader) and connecting it to computer, the tool still says "Device not found". Do I need some special drivers for my Win7x64 (Home Premium), or is the USB3 responsible for that? How can I make the computer to see the device? (my computer does not contain any USB2 sockects, all are USB3).

P.S. It is MK802IV 16GB model. (Got it this weekend).

Comment

mk908II

Hello
                Have anyone test if wifi are working with the new Mk908II?

Best David

Comment

unable to flash

Originally posted by Jo2010 View Post
                  Sorry to replay late,that is bz I am not able to flash linux,I don't know why.i tried with finless flash tool and other flash tool but at end of flashing it shows run failed. I was able to flash before .now I can flash only android with rk batch tool .i think I tried to flash linux hundred times!but all failed.please help me.

I am having the same issue. did you solved your problem? if so please let me know how you did it.

thanks
                  Last edited by magnetus; 12-09-2013, 16:04.

Comment

Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Originally posted by sho25 View Post
                    I think I just hard bricked my UG007.

Device isn't anymore detected in Windows after flashing. Not booting into android or Picuntu. Not detected as an usb device. Even not visible in Device Manager.

Tried different usb-ports and different cables. No luck.

Anyone any advice/suggestions?

Sent from my M9 using Tapatalk

Nobody knows any solution? Or is it really hard bricked?

Send from my GT-I9300 with Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sho25 View Post
                      Nobody knows any solution? Or is it really hard bricked?

did you try to short pins 7 and 8 of the flash???

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyman38 View Post
                        One problem I have with my IPPLI running PicUntu is that the monitor (IIyama Prolite E2407HDSD) keep blanking on and off. I solved the problem by connecting a cheap 3 port HDMI switch, could be some HDMI timing problem with this one.
                        I have the same problem with CS918 (K-R42) on my Sony Bravia tv.

I tried some 720p kernels (with or without wifi chipset support) but the resolution when booting is configured to be 1080p by default and the problem is still there.
                        I tried to add and set a 720p configuration in /etc/fb.modes but im getting a nice purple distorted 1080p image when i fbset this mode..

Unfortunately i dont have HDMI switch to get rid of this problem . Btw on 1080p tv's it works like a chaaarm.
                        Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

TO: Sho25 you can try unbricking by shorting 2 pins on the NAND chip. This post if for MK808 but it is similar on other devices however the NAND chip could be of different make so pins could be different.

I found it strange sometimes, while pressing the recovery switch, windows only recognise the device if I plug in the mini USB while I press the switch. It don't work for me if I had the mini plug in the slot, press the switch and connect cable at the PC end.

TO: psychorat
                          I don't think fb.modes helps these sticks because the video setting is determine at kernel level (I could be wrong here). It get the info from the TV/monitor, some older TV/monitor don't provide the CEA video mode the device can understand. The HDMI switch I got is cheap this this one and I am not saying it will solve your problem but worth a try, Only cost me £3. Funny that I also has a Sony Bravia 32" TV, I used my IPPLI Mars I2C on it without a problem. Check and see if there is a option to upgrade your TV firmware via USB memory.
                          http://www.****.co.uk/itm/3-Port-ful...item2a3512a102
                          Last edited by Jackyman38; 12-10-2013, 15:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyman38 View Post
                            TO: Sho25 you can try unbricking by shorting 2 pins on the NAND chip. This post if for MK808 but it is similar on other devices however the NAND chip could be of different make so pins could be different.

I found it strange sometimes, while pressing the recovery switch, windows only recognise the device if I plug in the mini USB while I press the switch. It don't work for me if I had the mini plug in the slot, press the switch and connect cable at the PC end.

TO: psychorat
                            I don't think fb.modes helps these sticks because the video setting is determine at kernel level (I could be wrong here). It get the info from the TV/monitor, some older TV/monitor don't provide the CEA video mode the device can understand. The HDMI switch I got is cheap this this one and I am not saying it will solve your problem but worth a try, Only cost me £3. Funny that I also has a Sony Bravia 32" TV, I used my IPPLI Mars I2C on it without a problem. Check and see if there is a option to upgrade your TV firmware via USB memory.
                            http://www.****.co.uk/itm/3-Port-ful...item2a3512a102
                            Thanks for the link. Maybe i'll go for it if its my only option in the future.

I know about the EDID reading bug at kernel side, but i remember wasser fixing this problem in a kernel update for lewy20041's hybrid firmware. Thus im pretty sure that its fixable somehow.

I tried fbset because while im using a native 720p kernel, im getting 1080p resolution only. If i could get a real 720p mode i think the blinkness will be resolved. And 720p its the resolution i want to use in general.

The 1080p samsung tv i tried is quite older than my bravia. But i will definitely check for a possible firmware update.
                            Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Originally posted by magnetus View Post
                              did you try to short pins 7 and 8 of the flash???
                              Magnetus & Jackyman38,

Thank you.

Shorting pin 8 & 9 worked. I had it in mask mode and could flashed it again.
                              The UG007 don't have a reset button. But it's working again on Android. Now I will keep trying to get Picuntu to run.

Comment

Originally posted by gmtii View Post
                                try this config with disabled CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK and enabled CONFIG_SYSVIPC (chrome doesn't show pages content and some services can't be started like apache https://plus.google.com/u/0/104676886289084007032/posts).

Notice that the hardware console is attached to ttyS2 (hw uart console mod) so no boot text on screen.

cheers!
                                Thank you gmtii. Your kernel here works really well. I flashed it onto my mk908v3 and now it doesn't have the problem with requiring root for network based activities (i.e. firefox/chromium).

A new request for your: Is it possible to compile a kernel with 1920x1080 output?

Comment

Working...
                                X