This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sesdave View Post

Hi - many thanks for testing. Nice to know the options are meant to be there. Mines connected through an HDMI matrix so maybe the EDID settings aren't getting applied. I will try connecting direct to TV and see if it gives the display options above 1080p.

Yup - I had set the 4k@60 on the wrong input source on the HDMI Matrix. Many thanks for showing the errors of my ways
    I'm glad you got it going now.
    Thanks,

Alvatech

Originally posted by P911 View Post

Many thx for your great support!!!
    You're Welcome.
    Remember just PM me if you're interested and when I get some time I can try to make you a zip file to un-root your box.
    Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hello everybody.
      Just signed up to say thank you Alvatech. That's a really nice work you do for the community. Definitely a big thumbs up from me.
      Well I have some questions, and I thought that's the right place to ask.
      First - why is the GT King running the 32bit version of Android ? The s922x soc itself is able to run 64bit android - isn't it ?
      And therefore - what do you guys think - how are the chances to see a 64bit release of the GT Kings firmware ?
      Second - I plan to improve the cooling of my little box (well - electronics don't like warmth/heat), did that before with other devices - drill some holes in top and bottom, so it can "breathe", change thermal paste. That's for now - maybe later add a bigger proper heatsink to the chip.
      With improved cooling I hope there will be some room for over clocking. I think especially about performance gain on emulators.
      Any chance that we will be able to overclock the GT King ?
      I have no idea, if you Alvatech could incorporate overclocking in your ROMs ? Just wondering ...
      Again thank you for doing such a great job.
      Have a nice day everybody.
      Enrico

Comment

Originally posted by Enni79 View Post
        Hello everybody.
        Just signed up to say thank you Alvatech. That's a really nice work you do for the community. Definitely a big thumbs up from me.
        Well I have some questions, and I thought that's the right place to ask.
        First - why is the GT King running the 32bit version of Android ? The s922x soc itself is able to run 64bit android - isn't it ?
        And therefore - what do you guys think - how are the chances to see a 64bit release of the GT Kings firmware ?
        Second - I plan to improve the cooling of my little box (well - electronics don't like warmth/heat), did that before with other devices - drill some holes in top and bottom, so it can "breathe", change thermal paste. That's for now - maybe later add a bigger proper heatsink to the chip.
        With improved cooling I hope there will be some room for over clocking. I think especially about performance gain on emulators.
        Any chance that we will be able to overclock the GT King ?
        I have no idea, if you Alvatech could incorporate overclocking in your ROMs ? Just wondering ...
        Again thank you for doing such a great job.
        Have a nice day everybody.
        Enrico
        Hello,
        Thank you very much!
        From what I heard Amlogic doesn't have any 64bit SDK. I think they did this with Android 8 & 9 for these boxes. So we work with what we have. Honestly, there's a lot of debate said about having 64bit, but I'm not gonna get into all of that here, sorry. Yeah I've seen people modify these boxes by doing exactly what you'd mention drilling holes top and bottom, even adding fans for cooling and exhaust. I personally don't like to overclock for a lot of different reasons my opinion only of course. So no I wouldn't release any ROM's with overclocking.
        Again, I appreciate the positive feedback.
        Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post

Hello,
          Thank you very much!
          From what I heard Amlogic doesn't have any 64bit SDK. I think they did this with Android 8 & 9 for these boxes. So we work with what we have. Honestly, there's a lot of debate said about having 64bit, but I'm not gonna get into all of that here, sorry. Yeah I've seen people modify these boxes by doing exactly what you'd mention drilling holes top and bottom, even adding fans for cooling and exhaust. I personally don't like to overclock for a lot of different reasons my opinion only of course. So no I wouldn't release any ROM's with overclocking.
          Again, I appreciate the positive feedback.
          Thank you,

Alvatech
          Hello Alvatech.
          Thank you for your reply.

As a side note - reading this forum, mainly this thread - it seams that people communicate very polite with each other - which is nice to see.

On topic - I kind of thought that having just 32bit android on the box, would be because of licensing reasons.
          Wikipedia says that the s9 generation from Amlogic is the first 64bit product line up. The S922X is the second gen s9.
          Just wondering if its beelink or Amlogic why there's no 64bit.
          To everybody - what are we missing out on, not having 64 applications ? And I really mean software we can't use, not the comparison/advantage of 32 vs 64bit in general.

Regarding overclocking, I didn't mean a ROM that comes overclocked. I was wondering if we could have the option to overclock ?
          Or the other way around, with the stock beelink ROM, or other modified ROMs (like yours, Alvatech) - could we use available overclocking apps ?
          Of course, if you harm your box, that's your own problem. Just having the option would be nice, what you do is your decision ...

Sorry if this is too far from discussing the Alvatech ROM, I just felt that it would be a good place to ask.

A good evening to everybody ...

Comment

Originally posted by Enni79 View Post

Hello Alvatech.
            Thank you for your reply.

As a side note - reading this forum, mainly this thread - it seams that people communicate very polite with each other - which is nice to see.

On topic - I kind of thought that having just 32bit android on the box, would be because of licensing reasons.
            Wikipedia says that the s9 generation from Amlogic is the first 64bit product line up. The S922X is the second gen s9.
            Just wondering if its beelink or Amlogic why there's no 64bit.
            To everybody - what are we missing out on, not having 64 applications ? And I really mean software we can't use, not the comparison/advantage of 32 vs 64bit in general.

Regarding overclocking, I didn't mean a ROM that comes overclocked. I was wondering if we could have the option to overclock ?
            Or the other way around, with the stock beelink ROM, or other modified ROMs (like yours, Alvatech) - could we use available overclocking apps ?
            Of course, if you harm your box, that's your own problem. Just having the option would be nice, what you do is your decision ...

Sorry if this is too far from discussing the Alvatech ROM, I just felt that it would be a good place to ask.

A good evening to everybody ...
            Hello,
            yes it?s nice to see everyone communicating and trying to help each other out. Like I mentioned about 64bit I don?t feel like this is a subject I want to get into, too many different point of views and maybe a new thread for that topic would be best.
            Don?t remember exactly where, but I do remember reading something about Amlogic one time not having a 64bit SDK for Android 8 & 9. It could have been at the time I was reading about it, things could have changed by now. I would like to please keep this thread about this ROM only if possible. As for overclocking, yes it can be done I have seen different ways like modifying kernels, cmd lines and even scripts. But like I mentioned I?m not much of a fan of it myself so haven?t even bothered. For that you would need to search the web for the know how and for more info regarding that.
            Thank you,

Alvatech

Comment

Hi friends!

Reading the whole thread and sucessfully install AlvaTech ROM.

Mine is a SN:B922X and I did the SD method but I unthick erase_boot_loader, I have experienced on CableModem that has their own BootLoader, and used to break some of them loading a wrong bootloader. I suppuse this could be the same case, but not sure what that option will do.

Alva thanks so You much mate! You are a proffesional ROM developer! and a very smart genius!!! But more important You are very kindly people also! Goes there all my respect!

All works smoothly! But pairing Rii 8+ bluethoot keyboard sucessfull but then none happens. I ask at Beelink forum but no response yet! Rii 8+ works fine on other devices I got.

I want to install Magisk because here in Argentina we got a streaming service that not play on modified devices. It's Flow from Cablevision Argentina. I see around that masking it will fix the trouble. I see around that the correct way to install it is via TWRP to install it, so I will give it a try and then let You knows.

I will be in touch with this great forums. I'm really new in this android field, have to read very much first!

Cheers friends!

cmf!

Comment

Hello Alvatech, finally I have updated the firmware of my GT-King, Your firmware version is absolutely beautiful, and certainly much better than the garbage that Beelink programmers made.
                With this firmware, Connection interruption problems have been solved, connection has been improved, Playback quality too, Netflix works perfectly and more.
                I only have some doubts that I don't know if they are related to the firmware or are a product of the hardware:
                First; The Tv Box only picks up the 2.4 GHz Wi Fi signal, and 5.8 GHz is not included in the list of available connections.
                I miss the useful memory manager button to clean memory with just one touch.
                And clock only shows on the main screen the 12 hours (am/pm) format and not the 24Hrs format, even if you change it in the clock settings.
                hopefully you can tell me some solution for these small details.

Thank You very much for share your job.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroNipp View Post
                  Hello Alvatech, finally I have updated the firmware of my GT-King, Your firmware version is absolutely beautiful, and certainly much better than the garbage that Beelink programmers made.
                  With this firmware, Connection interruption problems have been solved, connection has been improved, Playback quality too, Netflix works perfectly and more.
                  I only have some doubts that I don't know if they are related to the firmware or are a product of the hardware:
                  First; The Tv Box only picks up the 2.4 GHz Wi Fi signal, and 5.8 GHz is not included in the list of available connections.
                  And clock only shows on the main screen the 12 hours (am/pm) format and not the 24Hrs format, even if you change it in the clock settings.

Hello, I got B922 version and I?m running on my 5Ghz wifi band very well. Besides that, I can reach and see 2.4 Ghz bandera, but no tries to connect to.

Hope this shed some lights on your issue.

cmf!
                  Last edited by cmf; 09-03-2019, 00:16. Reason: syntax error!

Comment

Originally posted by ALVATECH View Post
                    [ROM] Beelink GT-King ALVATECH Standard Android (9.0 Pie) S922X[*]Support for controllers and joysticks. (Xbox,PS3 & PS4)

You can Get the Beelink GT King >> here << and help support Freaktab.
                    Hello,

I upgraded to the latest version. However, when I tried to connect to PS4 controller, it could not connect and just show "pairing". Please advise. Thank you

Comment

Anyone else having issues with notifications hanging? I'll get a popup at the top of the screen, and can't get it to go away besides force closing the app that caused it.

Comment

Hello cmf, thank you for your answer, I have same SoC too B922. but my problem is 5.8GHz band is not listed on Wi Fi networks available. So I Can not select it. even though, I had add it manually but still is no appearing on the Wi Fi ntework available list.

Taking advantage of this message, could you tell me if you have your clock set in the 24 Hrs format? And if so, do you see it in this format on the Android main page?
                        Thank you in advance.

Comment

No sorry TraxtarXKR

Comment

Hello,
                            Thank you so much everyone for all the positive comments I really appreciate it, especially hearing about how everyone likes how friendly everyone is here on this thread. This is thanks to all you fellow Freaktaber's here on this forum / thread. Beelink has just recently released a new update again an OTA so far. It looks like they have fixed some Bluetooth issues and some other minor bugs. Like I mentioned I've been extremely busy lately. Just want to mention one thing, I'm sorry if I don't respond right away to users especially over the weekends since my weekends are family time for me. I keep weekend checkups to the minimum. Remember I am a one man team and I have a personal life too. I try my best to fix what I can and am limited to time when it comes to getting certain bugs fixed and other things done. I have other ROM's and help other people that PM me on the side and then of course personal things that I have to get done too. Sometimes it may look like I don't reply, but some users PM me after they post on thread and then we finish talking there about scenarios or issues they're having. I will try to release something soon with a new update. I was wanting to get some other boxes updated like the S905X2 and maybe even make an ATV version of this ROM. But really pressed for time, we'll see what happens. I try to answer everyone personally the best I can when I can either here or through PM. Also I hope I don't come off to rude sometimes when I mention that I like to keep this thread specifically to this ROM. But I feel some of the questions need to have a new separate thread for certain topics. Please understand.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by cmf View Post
                            Hi friends!

Alva thanks so You much mate! You are a proffesional ROM developer! and a very smart genius!!! But more important You are very kindly people also! Goes there all my respect!

All works smoothly! But pairing Rii 8+ bluethoot keyboard sucessfull but then none happens. I ask at Beelink forum but no response yet! Rii 8+ works fine on other devices I got.

I want to install Magisk because here in Argentina we got a streaming service that not play on modified devices. It's Flow from Cablevision Argentina. I see around that masking it will fix the trouble. I see around that the correct way to install it is via TWRP to install it, so I will give it a try and then let You knows.

I will be in touch with this great forums. I'm really new in this android field, have to read very much first!

Cheers friends!

cmf!
                            Hello,
                            like I've mentioned Beelink has just recently released a new OTA update and it looks like they fixed some Bluetooth issues so we'll see if I make a new ROM and see if this gets fixed for you with your pairing of your Bluetooth keyboard. As for Magisk I haven't had time to see if it works properly or not and if so what the issue is, It looks like some users might of tried already and have mentioned that it does not work. If it doesn't work for you, the best thing to do is post something on XDA forum where Magisk has their thread and ask there for help. They will probably be better to assist you on this matter since that is the thread specifically for Magisk.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by NitroNipp View Post

Hello,
                            I haven't had any issues with the either WiFi bands I've used both without issues. So not sure what's going on there. Also the 12hr format I have manually set this up through the ROM specifically. If you like you can PM me and I will be more than happy to assist you in getting that changed to a 24 hour format instead.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by cyan9999 View Post
                            Hello,
                            I upgraded to the latest version. However, when I tried to connect to PS4 controller, it could not connect and just show "pairing". Please advise. Thank you
                            Hello,
                            I need to get a PS4 controller and test this. From what I seen the files needed for the controllers are in the ROM. They are put in there from Beelink though. So not sure if they are just outdated drivers or if it's something else. It could be that they need to be injected another way or the drivers need to be re-made. You might mention this to Beelink directly and see what they respond. When I get a controller in here I will try to see what's going on. But I don't have one with me at the moment. But I will try to experiment later with it when I get one and I get some more time.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech

Originally posted by TraxtarXKR View Post
                            Anyone else having issues with notifications hanging? I'll get a popup at the top of the screen, and can't get it to go away besides force closing the app that caused it.
                            Hello,
                            I have replied to your PM already. But yes we know the notification / status bar at the top is not fixed yet. Beelink I'm sure knows about this issue and hopefully they will fix this soon. I've mentioned before, if it was such an easy fix I think they would have fixed it by now. Lets give them some time and hope they get this fixed very soon. You could always install an app called Material Notification Shade and this can work temporarily but noticed to be a little buggy sometimes. I don't use it but other users do.
                            Thank you,

Alvatech
                            Last edited by ALVATECH; 09-04-2019, 00:24. Reason: typo

Comment

You are truly an A+ developer, Alvatech. Thanks for all you do.

Comment

you do nust fine, fact is...
                                Even Better!
                                Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X