No announcement yet.

Rom: Android Pie for S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's very good, which device did you test, 2g or 3g?

Comment

Good find! These build just a 'proof of concept' to show that S912 rom could be built from same sources that used for newer socs with no modifications in framework, hals or kernel. I wonder why vendors dropped S912 boxes support while it still supported by amlogic. so I just downloaded Khadas sources for android 9.0 for their newer devices and built it with generic gxm_q201_v1 config for u-boot and dts.

Modifications was only necessary to make ARM64 build, since there are no devices with ARM64 builds avaliable expect ODROID devices. I have applied neccessary patches to khadas sources so ARM64 build can be done for any generic amlogic soc device.

Comment

I wonder why vendors dropped S912 boxes support while it still supported by amlogic.
        Manufacturers earn more money on new equipment, why spend time on older equipment, which is already less in demand and also already in everyone’s hands..

Comment

Originally posted by bumerc View Post
          that's very good, which device did you test, 2g or 3g?

I have Tx92 3/32 LP RAM.
          I managed to get the TWRP working do you know if Magisk will work? and GAPPS 64 bit?

EDIT :
          • Recovery goes back stock after reboot
          • Magisk work, i was able to install.
          • I was able to flash GAPPS 64 bit Android 9, but I lost launcher, using google assistant i was able to launch play store and install alternate launcher
          • Link to TWRP
          Last edited by ppromo47; 07-10-2020, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayStar View Post
            Good find! These build just a 'proof of concept' to show that S912 rom could be built from same sources that used for newer socs with no modifications in framework, hals or kernel. I wonder why vendors dropped S912 boxes support while it still supported by amlogic. so I just downloaded Khadas sources for android 9.0 for their newer devices and built it with generic gxm_q201_v1 config for u-boot and dts.

Modifications was only necessary to make ARM64 build, since there are no devices with ARM64 builds avaliable expect ODROID devices. I have applied neccessary patches to khadas sources so ARM64 build can be done for any generic amlogic soc device.
            Obviously this was not possible without your honest efforts, so thank you so much!!.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayStar View Post
              well if you notice(here in the forum) i did 9 for s912 a few months a go, and i tried 2 sdk's, one private the other it was khadas at the time.
              The "support" is was there but, it had some severe issues with screencomposer, and both sdk's had the same issue.
              Now, who fixed the issue? you think it was Amlogic? no it was khadas who fixed it by themselves because of their VIM2 device. (ye at the time i even talked with a amlogic engineer and he said... forget it)
              Anyway money talks as you all know....
              ho and btw... 10 also as the files in there... but some bad surprises coming for the rom editor devs.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

The "support" is was there but, it had some severe issues with screencomposer, and both sdk's had the same issue.
                Now, who fixed the issue? you think it was Amlogic? no it was khadas who fixed it by themselves because of their VIM2 device. (ye at the time i even talked with a amlogic engineer and he said... forget it)
                Hardkernel's odroid hwcomposer works fine too on S912.

Comment

hmm there are really something wrong with my account... i can see you post if i logout but i login i do not see it... wt*.....

Hardkernel's odroid hwcomposer works fine too on S912....
                  i know that(btw hw composer worked just fine until you tried to switch resolution), im saying it was not the Amlogic who fixed it.
                  Who cares anyway, what cares is that looks like some guys going to have some life back on their s912.
                  Last edited by superceleron; 07-10-2020, 14:23.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                    VIM2_Pie_V200624

Attention - for LPDDR3 2g(untested)/3g devices
                    Tested on H96pro+ 3g,
                    * Install via sdc_burn

>>download<<
                    Tested on TX92 3/32 GB box, it works.

Comment

S912 Corelec https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261740571, aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2.img
                      in test at this moment if it is stable I hit the linck

Comment

Why this post isn't listed under "firmware, roms? Is it because it's untested?

Comment

Can anyone see my posts?

Comment

DDR3 / DDR4:
                            update_khadas_pie_multiwifi_20200707_arm64_ATV.img

[/QUOTE]
                            @larrywilson
                            Would it work for beelink GTI ult ddr4 , 3/32gb? Thanks
                            ????

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                              Can anyone see my posts?
                              I do, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post

I do, thanks
                                ok thks there is really something wrong with my account.
                                Anyway i moved the topic to firmware section.

Comment

Working...
                                X