X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it does

Wysłane z mojego M6Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka

Comment

Please kernel for Pipo M9 pro. performance with reduced power on the basis of proven cores.
      Russian users will be grateful
      Kernel
      kernel.zip

Comment

lost wifi after sleep and does not charge for over 5 minutes

Like title said:

I used this kernel : kernel_GPS_cpu1704h_target_2.1_gpu600_ddr720 (the new kernel for KK1.8) - PIPO M6 Pro wifi 16Gb model.

I set I/O scheduler to deadline and governor to hotplug.

Tablet is stable at all times and fast in response, no problem at all.

But :
        After a night sleep, i woke my tablet but it wont connect to the wifi, until I switch my wifi off and on again.(not a big deal but didnt have this with the 'normal' kernel (also 1.7Ghz,GPU600,MEM720 very low voltage from Giouncino , KK1.8)

I then shutdown completely my tab (because i had only 19% batt left) and let it charge overnight.
        I unplugged it this morning, booted the tablet and..... 24% batt !!!
        So it didnt charge a long time either.

I just connected my charger now and it shows its charging while its powered on.... im going to let it charge now but anyone with similar effects with this new kernel ?
        Last edited by Pipo2000; 04-10-2014, 16:21. Reason: typ-o

Comment

Originally posted by Pipo2000 View Post
          Like title said:

I used this kernel : kernel_GPS_cpu1704h_target_2.1_gpu600_ddr720 (the new kernel for KK1.8) - PIPO M6 Pro wifi 16Gb model.

I set I/O scheduler to deadline and governor to hotplug.

Tablet is stable at all times and fast in response, no problem at all.

But :
          After a night sleep, i woke my tablet but it wont connect to the wifi, until I switch my wifi off and on again.(not a big deal but didnt have this with the 'normal' kernel (also 1.7Ghz,GPU600,MEM720 very low voltage from Giouncino , KK1.8)

I then shutdown completely my tab (because i had only 19% batt left) and let it charge overnight.
          I unplugged it this morning, booted the tablet and..... 24% batt !!!
          So it didnt charge a long time either.

I just connected my charger now and it shows its charging while its powered on.... im going to let it charge now but anyone with similar effects with this new kernel ?
          For Wi-fi => I noted that, also with stock kernel, but this not happened always.

About charging it's very strange, I think it could be not due to the kernel.
          What do you see in battery History??? Because if you still see the discharge of the period before you plugged the charger in, you probably have a problem with the charger.
          On one of the pipo m6pro we bought (we bought 17 pipo m6pro!!!) have this issue and is a problem of charger (sometimes the charger is not able to generate 9V for charging and the tablet doesn't charge completely).

In any case:
          Try another charging from off condition.
          I will try charging this evening or tomorrow, and let you know!
          if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
          https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Re: Binary patched kernels for Pipo models

Originally posted by GZD View Post
            I try some of them. stock one and 1325 works. but not stable. it black screen some time and back to original stock one never freeze. So back stock again.
            I was having this same problem with any of these kernels, but found something that has stopped about 90% of it for me.

Whenever I flashed kernels on other systems, I was taught to wipe cache and dalvik. I guess that because this is a binary flash it doesn't do that. I also see that the only option in recovery is a full factory reset, which also wipes data, meaning you would have to reconfigure everything, or restore the data partition from a backup. Not great options when you are trying this many kernels. Maybe Riley could comment on why the wipe menu doesn't have separate options for cache and dalvik.

Now when I flash a kernel, I use ES task manager to clean the cache immediately after I boot up. I also check titanium backup to clean up dalvik. Since I started doing this, the kernels have been much more stable. I'm now using the very low 720, and having less trouble with it than I was having with the stock kernels.

Edit: Doh ! I found the wipe options for cache and Dalvik under the Advanced button in the Wipe menu in Recovery. Sorry. The touch buttons in recovery on my machine are hard to get to work, you have to touch them 2 or 3 times before they do anything.
            Last edited by Crandy2; 04-11-2014, 14:42.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
              For Wi-fi => I noted that, also with stock kernel, but this not happened always.

About charging it's very strange, I think it could be not due to the kernel.
              What do you see in battery History??? Because if you still see the discharge of the period before you plugged the charger in, you probably have a problem with the charger.
              On one of the pipo m6pro we bought (we bought 17 pipo m6pro!!!) have this issue and is a problem of charger (sometimes the charger is not able to generate 9V for charging and the tablet doesn't charge completely).

In any case:
              Try another charging from off condition.
              I will try charging this evening or tomorrow, and let you know!
              I do see the discharge of the period before I plugged in but I also see a little charging time on the chart and then it simply stops.
              Its like the tablet, even when charger is plugged in and tablet was completly shutdown, went to deep sleep after 5 minutes (time set in settings to fall asleep). I also have the option checked that the tablet does not have to keep the wifi on when in sleep mode.
              I just went back to my tablet and now its completely charged.(powered up and setting NEVER sleep turned on).

I'll do some more testing and let you know tomorrow.

Comment

I do see the discharge of the period before I plugged in but I also see a little charging time on the chart and then it simply stops.
                Its like the tablet, even when charger is plugged in and tablet was completly shutdown, went to deep sleep after 5 minutes (time set in settings to fall asleep). I also have the option checked that the tablet does not have to keep the wifi on when in sleep mode.
                I just went back to my tablet and now its completely charged.(powered up and setting NEVER sleep turned on).

I'll do some more testing and let you know tomorrow.
                I think you could have some problem with the charger! The problem is that not always the charger is working bad, but I'm 80% that in your case is the charger too.

It's not a matter of kernel for sure.

Pay attention on this behaviour.
                On of our tablet did exactly the same of yours, changed the charger and everything went back ok!

Comment

I think you could have some problem with the charger! The problem is that not always the charger is working bad, but I'm 80% that in your case is the charger too.

It's not a matter of kernel for sure.

Pay attention on this behaviour.
                  On of our tablet did exactly the same of yours, changed the charger and everything went back ok!
                  Ok, thanks.
                  I will pay attention to it and come back when I have a conclusion.
                  Where did you buy/order the spare charger ? (in case off....)

Comment

giouncino

You specifically ignore my message? Owners Pipo M9 n want a kernel with good characteristics

Comment

Originally posted by bucefal82 View Post
                      giouncino

You specifically ignore my message? Owners Pipo M9 n want a kernel with good characteristics
                      I have not enough spare time at the moment...
                      I will process it in next days,
                      stay tuned!

Comment

Ok, thanks.
                        I will pay attention to it and come back when I have a conclusion.
                        Where did you buy/order the spare charger ? (in case off....)
                        On pipomall.com you can buy the spare part for example (it costs 12$ if I remember well), with correct pug natively for your country

Comment

Originally posted by fokemon View Post
                          And my favourite topic: Does 3G work?
                          Try it! and let me know what you think about 3G now...

Comment

Thank you giouncino!

Comment

Re: Binary patched kernels for Pipo models

On pipomall.com you can buy the spare part for example (it costs 12$ if I remember well), with correct pug natively for your country
                              Thanks Giouncino, will have look at it.
                              Greet'z

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6Pro met Tapatalk

Comment

S O L V E D!!!!

Originally posted by fokemon View Post
                                And my favourite topic: Does 3G work?
                                Now I finally understand the problem of 3G and mod kernel:

RAM set to 720Mhz (on the 3rd armonics) has a frequency interference with 3G functionality.
                                ALL other RAM settings DO NOT interfere with 3G.

In conclusion: tablets with 3G module ARE NOT compatible with mod kernels with ram set to 720Mhz !
                                Last edited by giouncino; 04-11-2014, 16:36.

Comment

Working...
                                X