Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-R42 wasser firmware based on android 4.4 kikat

Originally posted by wasser View Post
    the change was done in kernel-X7 (minix kernel). Please take a look at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...r-X7-available
    Thanks, was not aware you were using phjandersons repo. Good stuff. Are all your changes visible there?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gjurriens View Post
      Whow... how nice to be able to run KitKat on our devices.
      I'll test as soon as I have the time.
      Does installing this rom really mean we are running KitKat on our K-R42 boxes??? The OS will still be 4.2.2 right?

It would be great if this new rom had Bluetooth Low Energy API support that was introduced in 4.3 ...

Comment

Originally posted by georget View Post
        Does installing this rom really mean we are running KitKat on our K-R42 boxes??? The OS will still be 4.2.2 right?

It would be great if this new rom had Bluetooth Low Energy API support that was introduced in 4.3 ...

http://developer.android.com/guide/t...etooth-le.html
        As KitKat is 4.4 version i think we will be running 4.4, not 4.2.2

Comment

I installed it on my box (ENY Techno) and after boot, I can select the language but once click, it refuse to go further. Seems to be freezed. After reboot, it returns to the language selctection.

My problem is now when connecting the box to my PC, Rock BatchTOol can't be used. The driver loaded is Nexus by default... can you tell me how to change this. I tried to desingtall Nexus driver, but when pluged , it willinstall nexus driver again.

thanks

Comment

OK, about the language selection, it was because of my mouse remote air. I used a regular usb mouse, and I've been able to select language and finish configuration. Except wifi that doesn't work.

I still want to load a new rom, but driver in W7 PC still load Nexus driver. If you have any idea, I'll be happy to use again my RockChip Batch tool

Comment

@benico

Originally posted by benico View Post
              I installed it on my box (ENY Techno) and after boot, I can select the language but once click, it refuse to go further. Seems to be freezed. After reboot, it returns to the language selctection.

My problem is now when connecting the box to my PC, Rock BatchTOol can't be used. The driver loaded is Nexus by default... can you tell me how to change this. I tried to desingtall Nexus driver, but when pluged , it willinstall nexus driver again.

thanks
              Hi benico

Wifi works when the lan cable is disconnected.

When the box is connected to the PC it is recognized as what it is declared, when the reset button is pressed, the box is recognized as a Rockchip device.

salsa

Comment

Originally posted by salsa View Post
                Hi benico

Wifi works when the lan cable is disconnected.

When the box is connected to the PC it is recognized as what it is declared, when the reset button is pressed, the box is recognized as a Rockchip device.

salsa
                Ok, I succeed to make it visible. I loaded a new image, but wifi problem is persistant. My first image was fine for wifi, but very slow. Now, no more wifi...
                I read a lot of things about wifi pb, and it seems to be related to this K-R42 vs T-R42 (means with or without bluetooth). I assume mine have bluetooth as writen on the site of the box I bought (http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...001649535.html)

As I'm new in this univers, I'm confused between ROM, Kernel, image,...maybe if someone can tell where learning such information, I'll be happy
                I think it will be better for me starting by this.
                Thanks!

Comment

Test result Kitkat 4.4 NEW kernel

K-R42 2.1 New kernel.

antutu +15000 1080x1848 flipped 90 deg left. a bit slow
                  And the screen stays flipped after Antutu is closed ??

Wifi = ok
                  Ethernet = OK
                  new mac after reboot thoug.

youtube - working
                  Netflix Denmark- working
                  JustXBMCv4.apk not working, in fact no versions of XBMC work, tested 4 diff versions also the official version.

IR remote - Mouse function not working

Gyro mouse - BACK = select.

NO HDMI mode
                  No scaling, and scale is of, to large by 10 % approc.
                  Full!screen app, replaces hide menu i guess, and it works.

Thanks for the good work :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Moszad View Post
                    K-R42 2.1 New kernel.
                    antutu +15000 1080x1848 flipped 90 deg left. a bit slow
                    And the screen stays flipped after Antutu is closed ??
                    Lower than usual Antutu score may have something to do with rk_ftl_gc process using one core all the time. (25% CPU)
                    If you don't want flipped screen then disable screen rotation in system setting.

Nice work Wasser. Today I only had one hot reboot. In comparison to HFW 2.0.4 it is quite good progress for me.

Strange thing that "Inverted rendering" in system web browser doesn't work.
                    Besides only one luncher screen is rather to much constrain. I didn't try to install other only because I changed default DPI to 160 from 240.

One more thing. Only first connected USB drive is recognised and it have to be vfat formated. My other pendrive with NTFS partition I must mount from Shell. This cannot be easly solved by users because after Android 4.3 there is no /etc/vold.fstab and all storage option are managed in /fstab.rk30board.bootmode.unknown.

And now realy last thing: emulated storage is located in /data/ partition which has only 2GB. Internal_SD isn't used by any installed application
                    Last edited by Gormar; 12-08-2013, 20:35.
                    RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                    Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                    bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

KiTKAT TEST

I have a k-r42 Board TN-BX09_V.2.1 2013/05/31 and I was running rom 1.2.3 old revision.
                      I flashed The 4.4 Kitkat. These are the results:

No Etherenet
                      No Keyboard
                      Can not install any apk. from unknown sources (it's checked off in the settings-but, it seems does not to get to be registered- even though it stays as checked off! Weird)

Other than that everything else seems just fine...

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by scorpio2013 View Post
                        I have a k-r42 Board TN-BX09_V.2.1 2013/05/31 and I was running rom 1.2.3 old revision.
                        I flashed The 4.4 Kitkat. These are the results:

No Etherenet
                        No Keyboard
                        Can not install any apk. from unknown sources.

Any ideas/suggestions?
                        No Ethernet but WiFi works? Try disabling it and/or restart router because ever changing MAC address might have "exhausted" its DHCP IP pool.

No keyboard. Propably you didn't configure keyboard layout and system doesn't use any default.

I have one APK from unknown sources installed without problem. Dunno what happend with your BOX.

This K-R42 Android KitKat version is rather hard to use especially because one "rouge" process (rk_ftl_gc) is useing one core at full power. My BOX is hot like after many hour of gamming .
                        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                          No Ethernet but WiFi works? Try disabling it and/or restart router because ever changing MAC address might have "exhausted" its DHCP IP pool.

No keyboard. Propably you didn't configure keyboard layout and system doesn't use any default.

I have one APK from unknown sources installed without problem. Dunno what happend with your BOX.

This K-R42 Android KitKat version is rather hard to use especially because one "rouge" process (rk_ftl_gc) is useing one core at full power. My BOX is hot like after many hour of gamming .
                          it's a bug in the 4.4 firmware, it seems this process comes from new rk30xxnand binary which caues this issue.
                          http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

rk_ftl_gc

Originally posted by wasser View Post
                            it's a bug in the 4.4 firmware, it seems this process comes from new rk30xxnand binary which caues this issue.
                            Thanks for info. This bug occures only on K-R42 devices or in Minix X7 also?

This rk_ftl_gc process should be only responsible for NAND garbage collecting but it seems that from some reason it goes south.

Comment

Originally posted by Gormar View Post
                              Thanks for info. This bug occures only on K-R42 devices or in Minix X7 also?

This rk_ftl_gc process should be only responsible for NAND garbage collecting but it seems that from some reason it goes south.
                              i would say it occures on all hardware with rk3188 chip.
                              http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

I flash ththis firmware, mouse moves slowly on UI, dlna doesn't work, rkremote doesn't work, the local LAN Shared file copy is slow.

thank you for your hard !!

Comment

Working...
                                X