• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black View Post
    You can flash correct 4gb or 6gb paramater files here:

You need to re-flash it all.
    Thanks. I guess this will work for now.
    But I'm talking about the fact that we don't actually even need NAND FLASH anymore and that /sdcard is just emulated space anyways.

Mulling over the parameter files it's just looks to be a series of address size and start points. I'm asking if I remove the (user) parameter and bump up the remaining to (userdata) which should be internal memory will the ROM still run? Or are these ROMs built where /sdcard is still in use and we're not using /storage/emulated/0 or /storage/emulated/legacy for data storage.

Apps still write to /sdcard which is on the internal NAND but not part of the internal+media partition. Is there any reason why the old style partitions still exist?

Edit: When looking at the space with Titantium Back up the parameter file doesn't really do what I thought it did. This is just the old file partitions from Android <4.2. It still lists the internal app partition as "Internal" instead of "Internal+Media" which should be the new standard.

Edit 2: And I don't think CIFS works. I've tried a couple different apps and they mount intially but it's not browsable in a file explorer.
    Last edited by iamsamsamiam; 04-01-2014, 21:14.

Comment

Would somebody please clarify the following:

In the instructions, RKBatchTool--1.7.exe to be used, but in the zip file, RKBatchTool 1.37 is included, however, I have v1.7, but when I browse the img fie, what firmware image I need to load? I have K-R42, so is it kernel-k-r42-new.img? and do I need to load the old.img first?

I just noticed that AV out is not working for MK888, is it the same case with K-R42

Thanks in advance,
      Last edited by mishtag; 04-04-2014, 17:50.

Comment

Originally posted by mishtag View Post
        Would somebody please clarify the following:

In the instructions, RKBatchTool--1.7.exe to be used, but in the zip file, RKBatchTool 1.37 is included, however, I have v1.7, but when I browse the img fie, what firmware image I need to load? I have K-R42, so is it kernel-k-r42-new.img? and do I need to load the old.img first?

I just noticed that AV out is not working for MK888, is it the same case with K-R42

Thanks in advance,
        The new and old only refer to the revision of your device. The first launch of K-R42/Jesurun/etc... uses the old revision file. The new revision file is meant for later production models for these devices.

Comment

this operation didn`t do, because of not supporting

Hi Wasser,

I am having a trouble with flashing either your or lewy`s ROM.
          I had not have this issue before when flashing lewy`s 2.03 ROM, this is what I wanted to leave - because Skype and Hangouts does not work.
          The Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 recognizes the smart box, however when upgrading the selected ROM, it says: this operation didn`t do, because of not supporting.
          What is the matter, please help.

Thanks.

Alexandroff

Originally posted by wasser View Post
          version 0.92

- Ugoos Ut1, k-r42, t-r42 and MinixX7 (all revision support, please select the correct kernel)
          - Kikat 4.4.2
          - wifi support
          - ethernet support
          - init.d support
          - rooted
          - ntfs, nfs, iso, cifs filesystem support
          - preinstall es file manager, reboot
          - cwm recovery
          - 1080p24hz, 1080p30hz, 1366x768p60hz support

Link download:

version 0.91

- k-r42 old revision support
          - k-r42 new revision support ( you have to flash this kernel after firmware flash)
          - based on android 4.4 (kikat)
          - wifi support
          - ethernet support
          - init.d support
          - rooted
          - preinstall es file manager
          - new kernel, fix tv-out and hdmi bugs
          - cwm recovery
          - fixed high CPU load from rk_rtl_gc process

Link download:

version 0.90

- k-r42 old revision support
          - k-r42 new revision support ( you have to flash this kernel after firmware flash)
          - based on android 4.4 (kikat)
          - wifi support
          - ethernet support
          - init.d support
          - rooted
          - preinstall es file manager
          - new kernel, fix tv-out and hdmi bugs

Link download:

Be aware: it is your own risk!

Installation info:
          1. run RKBatchTool--1.7.exe tool which is included in the zip file to flash the firmware
          2. select the firmware image then click restore button to flash the firmware

please post your feedbacks, it's very important! and don't forget to report the firmware version you flashed, the revision of your k-r42!

Comment

Originally posted by alexandroff View Post
            Hi Wasser,

I am having a trouble with flashing either your or lewy`s ROM.
            I had not have this issue before when flashing lewy`s 2.03 ROM, this is what I wanted to leave - because Skype and Hangouts does not work.
            The Rockchip Batch Tool v1.7 recognizes the smart box, however when upgrading the selected ROM, it says: this operation didn`t do, because of not supporting.
            What is the matter, please help.

Thanks.

Alexandroff
            I don't use it and don't download it, but because of post #107 and specially the "kernel-k-r42-new.img" does it really use the batch (hole nand img) and not the rkandroidtools (separate img's)... (and "- Ugoos Ut1, k-r42, t-r42 and MinixX7 (all revision support, please select the correct kernel)")???
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by iamsamsamiam View Post
              The new and old only refer to the revision of your device. The first launch of K-R42/Jesurun/etc... uses the old revision file. The new revision file is meant for later production models for these devices.
              iamsamsamiam,I am not sure I understand, so, lets make it simple, after running RKBatchTool, what next?

Comment

Originally posted by mishtag View Post
                iamsamsamiam,I am not sure I understand, so, lets make it simple, after running RKBatchTool, what next?
                No, you do not run the batchtool. You're supposed to use the Finless ROM Flash Tool 1.37 (ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe)
                When you open the program you'll see a spreadsheet like list. 1-7 is checkmarked by default and those are all the components you'll need to flash.

On the very last column under the "..." header there are a bunch of blank squares. These squares correspond with the file location of the file you need to flash. Click them one by one making sure you have each of the required items to flash. The default file location should eventually each be changed to the correct file that you have downloaded.

When 1-7 is populated with the right file locations you're ready to flash. You can erase the NAND if you want, but flashing overwrites it anyways so it might be redundant but I click it anyways because why not. Click the "Flash ROM" button when you're ready.

The batchtool is for flashing ROMs that are fully compiled into one img file.

Comment

hello Wasser
                  I see that a new version 0.94 for minix X7
                  Initially working on k-r42 old. Tests various Kernels, which you recommend?
                  It is a prob lem at boot Recovery-SD format. Is there a problem with the file "parameter"?

Questions layman, play in the substitution of individual files. Bin. Bye equipment still works

Comment

Hi, I have the T-R42 v1.0 too, but I don't know which files to use, is it old_rev or new_rev?
                    Thanks

Originally posted by bill-ns View Post
                    Installed 0.92 on my T-R42 v1.0

-Wifi works great, BT does not turn on.
                    -Stock remote works fine, with the exception of the mouse pointer feature.
                    (USB wireless mouse works fine)
                    -FWIW given this is early firmware, no C270 support... mic or video.
                    -Same version of XBMC that I use with 4.2.2 is slightly choppy... not terrible, but like it's dropping a few FPS. Possibly because this is a 1080p kernel on my TV. I've had similar performance on 4.2.2 (v1.2.5) when using a 1080p kernel.
                    -remote power button doesn't keep the device "asleep". Attempts to go to sleep, red power button lights up... then goes back to blue and device comes back to life

Bill

Comment

You can also check alternative FW based on Ugoos UT1 box.
                      I've already tested it with my k-r42 old rev and it works like harm.
                      There is an also second fw for T models with bt.

There is a little problem on startup - 3 different launchers - choose default one.

+ wifi and etherent works,
                      + very stable,
                      + rises very fast (about 15 secs)
                      + webcam support (even my internal camera from alcatel mobile works where on xp were needed drivers),
                      + antutu socores abnout ~19600,
                      + keyboard on screen,
                      + no need to update base apps to run for eg. yt
                      + after update the icon area is still wide unlike wassers 0.92

- not rooted
                      - wrong mapped buttons in standard remote
                      - only 1GB app space (use parameter for more)

Code:
                      [URL]http://allminipc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1177[/URL]
                      Last edited by pavlik; 04-15-2014, 14:33.
                      X92 3/32 Android TV Box with Ugoos AM3 Firmware

Comment

My Device (K-R42):
                        Model: AC8350, Serial# BX09130XXXXXX
                        TN-BX09_V2.1 1335
                        2013/05/31

Installed KitKat-4.4.2 for Minix X7 Version 0.95 from Wasser with 4 GB Parameter file and Kernel ugoos ut1 KitKat (without T).

Used RK3xxx Firmware Tools to extract the *img file, replaced and renamed the parameter/Kernel file. Then put the files together again as an *.img file by clicking "Build" and selected "Flash" the new_image.img file (restored later all my apps with Titanium Backup).

+ rooted, CWM
                        + wifi, ethernet, sound (+Volume Control+mute) works
                        + very stable, fast and smooth
                        + antutu score ~18600,

- wrong mapped buttons in standard remote (Home--> Return, OK---> fast forward, Mouse Key-->1/A/a)
                        - power button on device don`t light, problem with power on by remote when device is in standby.

----> I`m an absolute beginner, not tester or builder but i will look solutions for this remote problem or wait for Wasser`s next Kitkat release on K-R42. I use Logitech Keyboard k400r.
                        Last edited by Black; 04-16-2014, 15:55.

Comment

when i try use "wasser version 0.92" + "kernels from d33 - kernel_RTL8188_v311a" exactly "kernel_RTL8188_HD_v3.10_cpu1800h_gpu798h_ddr8 00" everything is work very nice, AnTuTu = 21545. But i have strange problem if i turn off using the remote control i can't turn on again - TV not detected K-R42.

I tryed:
                          boot: 720 and 1080p,
                          kernel: 720 and 1080p.
                          Unfortunately always i have the same problem. Please help me i will very appreciate.

(Sorry for my english)
                          Last edited by bigblighter; 04-21-2014, 20:51.

Comment

21545 is the great score

I also like kitkat (old rev board) but i think we must to wait for next release from wasser.
                            In other words alternative firmwares works but it has some issues like icompatibility of remote, no power on otg or
                            subjective problems like on screen kayboard - i dont like it.
                            X92 3/32 Android TV Box with Ugoos AM3 Firmware

Comment

KitKat 0.95 with d33' kernel LAN issue

Hi wasser,
                              I'm in process of testing d33's unlocked KitKat kernel for my K-R42(RK3188T with RTL8188). It works good sufficiently(both wifi and LAN,etc).
                              I use as base the ROM suggested by d33 for testing(KitKat_T010_AP6210_public_20140403), but there is one irritable bug in this setup. When I adjust screen size doing screen scaling and then reboot system, it won't save my settings.
                              I tried your 0.95 ROM for minix and T-R42(where this issue fixed by you) but with d33's kernel(from here . Everything is perfect with scaling(screen settings retain after reboot) but LAN disappears somewhere.
                              I asked d33 and he adviced me to ask you.
                              Can you help me out, please?
                              If you need some logs or anything else, I'd be glad to make.
                              Kind regards
                              CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
                              CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                              K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                                Hi wasser,
                                I'm in process of testing d33's unlocked KitKat kernel for my K-R42(RK3188T with RTL8188). It works good sufficiently(both wifi and LAN,etc).
                                I use as base the ROM suggested by d33 for testing(KitKat_T010_AP6210_public_20140403), but there is one irritable bug in this setup. When I adjust screen size doing screen scaling and then reboot system, it won't save my settings.
                                I tried your 0.95 ROM for minix and T-R42(where this issue fixed by you) but with d33's kernel(from here . Everything is perfect with scaling(screen settings retain after reboot) but LAN disappears somewhere.
                                I asked d33 and he adviced me to ask you.
                                Can you help me out, please?
                                If you need some logs or anything else, I'd be glad to make.
                                Kind regards
                                does the kernel from here work for you? have you tried?

wasser
                                http://www.freak-tab.de/wasser/btn_donate.gif

You can make a donation if you find my work useful

Comment

Working...
                                X