UPDATE - K-R42 - wasser firmware - Kikat Android 4.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
    There is a software keyboard but it's just not enabled as the default.
    How do you enable that ?
    Claus

Comment

OK - Now Sound is gone

Originally posted by tresman View Post
      How do you enable that ?
      Claus
      Ok - I found out that the "no sound" problem has nothing to do with the reboot app thats preinstalled in the FW - Suddenly theres no sound at all ......

SO what to do ??
      What happens if I flash some of the other kernels (for this I have used
      "kernel-k-r42-new" What would happen if I use the "old.." kernel or the ut1 kernel ?
      Will all my settings and apps then be lost - or are they saved somewhere else than in the kernel. ??

Apart from the sound problem (and - must admit - some stopping/crashing of the Netflix app)
      this firmware by Wasser is very good.
      BTW: I noticed that there is no selection of sound devices in the settings.

I hope some of you outthere have found a solution..
      Claus

Comment

TN-BX09_V2.1 1335 I have the same box

Originally posted by Moszad View Post
        K-R42 2.1 New kernel.

antutu +15000 1080x1848 flipped 90 deg left. a bit slow
        And the screen stays flipped after Antutu is closed ??

Wifi = ok
        Ethernet = OK
        new mac after reboot thoug.

youtube - working
        Netflix Denmark- working
        JustXBMCv4.apk not working, in fact no versions of XBMC work, tested 4 diff versions also the official version.

IR remote - Mouse function not working

Gyro mouse - BACK = select.

NO HDMI mode
        No scaling, and scale is of, to large by 10 % approc.
        Full!screen app, replaces hide menu i guess, and it works.

Thanks for the good work :-)
        Hi Moszad
        I have the exact same box with a Mele F10pro remote.
        I have also flashed the kitkat 0,92 by wasser - works great but after a reboot theres no sound.
        I initially thougt it was the "reboot app" - but its not !
        I can se that the sound drivers somehow are missing and the sound setting are from zero sound to full sound (no inbetweens)
        Are you having problems with sound - and if, do you have a solution ?
        Claus

Comment

Sry can't help - No K-r42 box currently.

Hi Moszad
          I have the exact same box with a Mele F10pro remote.
          I have also flashed the kitkat 0,92 by wasser - works great but after a reboot theres no sound.
          I initially thougt it was the "reboot app" - but its not !
          I can se that the sound drivers somehow are missing and the sound setting are from zero sound to full sound (no inbetweens)
          Are you having problems with sound - and if, do you have a solution ?
          Claus
          Sorry can't help, i only made a short test back in time, had no audio issues via HDMI, my K box has now died completely, i was connecting a new tv set, in the process a spike killed the K box and took out the hdmi port in my reciever, so i'm back on my Ouya.

Comment

Update - I have changed firmware to Lewy 2.0.4 with wasser kernel

Ok - I found out that the "no sound" problem has nothing to do with the reboot app thats preinstalled in the FW - Suddenly theres no sound at all ......

SO what to do ??
            What happens if I flash some of the other kernels (for this I have used
            "kernel-k-r42-new" What would happen if I use the "old.." kernel or the ut1 kernel ?
            Will all my settings and apps then be lost - or are they saved somewhere else than in the kernel. ??

Apart from the sound problem (and - must admit - some stopping/crashing of the Netflix app)
            this firmware by Wasser is very good.
            BTW: I noticed that there is no selection of sound devices in the settings.

I hope some of you outthere have found a solution..
            Claus
            I have decided to change firmware - due to the fact that I cant get sound to work anymore (other than reflash everything again)
            SO therefore I have changed to Lewy 2.0.4 with wasser kernel "kernel_1080p-k_r42-revision_2.1-111113"
            And here is my initial thougts:
            Ethernet + wifi works
            Sound works - and volume control too
            Software keyboard works on default

HDMI works - but netflix is lagging (shaky picture, stutter) no matter what HDMI resolution I choose.
            I have also found out that the general resolution is not so good compared to the kitkat 0.92 (and thats no matter what HDMI resolution I choose) - in general the picture is somewhat grainier - also in hightest resolution (1920x1080p) - as the chosen resolution was'nt the actuel resolution ?

There are some reboots in the middle of netflix - but the are seldom

Antutu is about 17000 - so its not speed that seeems to be the problemmaker.

The power off/reboot switch is GOOD - but the reboot option doesnt function, it hangs in software when trying to reboot.

Please give me your comments - btw. my board is a TN-BX09-V2.1 (datecode 1335) - aka. new revision.

NEW update: due to the stutter thing in netflix I tried to change the lewy build to 3.2 beta and the kernel to this:
            kernel-k_r42_new_revision_cpu1800h_ddr800_1080p_gpu600h.i mg
            And it works a little better - still some stuttering but the picture quality is way better, not so grainy.
            Now I just need the stutter to go away........

Claus
            Last edited by tresman; 02-16-2014, 21:35.

Comment

My 3 different firmware flashings - and the status

I have decided to change firmware - due to the fact that I cant get sound to work anymore (other than reflash everything again)
              SO therefore I have changed to Lewy 2.0.4 with wasser kernel "kernel_1080p-k_r42-revision_2.1-111113"
              And here is my initial thougts:
              Ethernet + wifi works
              Sound works - and volume control too
              Software keyboard works on default

HDMI works - but netflix is lagging (shaky picture, stutter) no matter what HDMI resolution I choose.
              I have also found out that the general resolution is not so good compared to the kitkat 0.92 (and thats no matter what HDMI resolution I choose) - in general the picture is somewhat grainier - also in hightest resolution (1920x1080p) - as the chosen resolution was'nt the actuel resolution ?

There are some reboots in the middle of netflix - but the are seldom

Antutu is about 17000 - so its not speed that seeems to be the problemmaker.

The power off/reboot switch is GOOD - but the reboot option doesnt function, it hangs in software when trying to reboot.

Please give me your comments - btw. my board is a TN-BX09-V2.1 (datecode 1335) - aka. new revision.

NEW update: due to the stutter thing in netflix I tried to change the lewy build to 3.2 beta and the kernel to this:
              kernel-k_r42_new_revision_cpu1800h_ddr800_1080p_gpu600h.i mg
              And it works a little better - still some stuttering but the picture quality is way better, not so grainy.
              Now I just need the stutter to go away........
              EDIT to the above: picture quality and lagging is NOT better, just in the beginning, after about 15min - 30min it gets considerably worse - and it cant be fixed by changing resolution !

Claus
              Final update:
              I have tried 3 different Firmware flashings - and here are a very brief summary of the results:

The kitkat 0.92 by wasser
              - Only sound missing after reboot is a serious problem, everything else very good.
              (and I cant get the sound back, no matter what I do)
              SO problem is: lack of prober sound devices/driver

The Lewy 2.04 and 3.2 with two different kernels by Wasser (had to use the kernels by wasser in order to get ethernet working)
              - Video resolution and lagging is a real problem - otherwise everything is very good
              SO problem is: lack of prober video drivers, resulting in a lot of stutter/lagging

Final conclusion
              And there I hope that you two gentlemen Lewy and wasser can work something out.......

Regards, claus

Comment

config.cfg:
                Code:
                CFG  Ü
                řv   8  8Loader            ń ż@ň ›bývÜL‡ţ˙[B]..\rockdev\RK3188Loader(L)_V1.24.bin [/B]    Ěň       ‡»÷v2¦ń    Hň            śń \ň `ň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙ň çÄřvň     ň      Í«şÜň »÷vň   ƒƒE Ś+ ň ÍřvŘ˜ývţĹřvPň Ľ»÷v‡»÷v„1¦ń    Ěň           ň ˙˙˙˙äň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙‡»÷vçÄřvň       Ś+        8parameter         ń ż@ň ›bývÜL‡ţ˙..\rockdev\parameter er(L)_V1.11.bin     Ěň       ‡»÷v2¦ń    Hň            śń \ň `ň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙ň çÄřvň     ň      Í«şÜň »÷vň   ƒƒE Ś+ ň ÍřvŘ˜ývţĹřvPň Ľ»÷v‡»÷v„1¦ń    Ěň           ň ˙˙˙˙äň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙‡»÷vçÄřvň       Ś+        8misc eter         ń ż@ň ›bývÜL‡ţ˙..\rockdev\Image\misc.img _V1.11.bin     Ěň       ‡»÷v2¦ń    Hň            śń \ň `ň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙ň çÄřvň     ň      Í«şÜň »÷vň   ƒƒE Ś+ ň ÍřvŘ˜ývţĹřvPň Ľ»÷v‡»÷v„1¦ń    Ěň           ň ˙˙˙˙äň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙‡»÷vçÄřvň       Ś+        8kernel er         ń ż@ň ›bývÜL‡ţ˙..\rockdev\Image\kernel.img 1.11.bin     Ěň       ‡»÷v2¦ń    Hň            śń \ň `ň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙ň çÄřvň     ň      Í«şÜň »÷vň   ƒƒE Ś+ ň ÍřvŘ˜ývţĹřvPň Ľ»÷v‡»÷v„1¦ń    Ěň           ň ˙˙˙˙äň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙‡»÷vçÄřvň       Ś+  @     8boot l er         ń ż@ň ›bývÜL‡ţ˙..\rockdev\Image\boot.img g 1.11.bin     Ěň       ‡»÷v2¦ń    Hň            śń \ň `ň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙ň çÄřvň     ň      Í«şÜň »÷vň   ƒƒE Ś+ ň ÍřvŘ˜ývţĹřvPň Ľ»÷v‡»÷v„1¦ń    Ěň           ň ˙˙˙˙äň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙‡»÷vçÄřvň       Ś+  €     8recovery          ń ż@ň ›bývÜL‡ţ˙..\rockdev\Image\recovery.img 11.bin     Ěň       ‡»÷v2¦ń    Hň            śń \ň `ň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙ň çÄřvň     ň      Í«şÜň »÷vň   ƒƒE Ś+ ň ÍřvŘ˜ývţĹřvPň Ľ»÷v‡»÷v„1¦ń    Ěň           ň ˙˙˙˙äň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙‡»÷vçÄřvň       Ś+       8system y          ń ż@ň ›bývÜL‡ţ˙..\rockdev\Image\system.img g 11.bin     Ěň       ‡»÷v2¦ń    Hň            śń \ň `ň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙ň çÄřvň     ň      Í«şÜň »÷vň   ƒƒE Ś+ ň ÍřvŘ˜ývţĹřvPň Ľ»÷v‡»÷v„1¦ń    Ěň           ň ˙˙˙˙äň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙‡»÷vçÄřvň       Ś+   1    8backup y          ń ż@ň ›bývÜL‡ţ˙..\rockdev\Image\update.img g 11.bin     Ěň       ‡»÷v2¦ń    Hň            śń \ň `ň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙ň çÄřvň     ň      Í«şÜň »÷vň   ƒƒE Ś+ ň ÍřvŘ˜ývţĹřvPň Ľ»÷v‡»÷v„1¦ń    Ěň           ň ˙˙˙˙äň ›bývDxC‡ţ˙˙˙‡»÷vçÄřvň       Ś+  €
                Firmware-wasser-0.92-4.4.2.zip is wrong.

Comment

I tried the 0.92, and it is great, very fast and stable, the only problem is that I do not work the wi-fi and bt. Bt it does not matter, but the wi-fi matter to me. I have a T-R42 V2.0, and I tried to flash all kernels, but there anybody that active wi-fi and bt. Someone who can help me kindly?

Comment

hello wasser

There is no firmware that works for our tv box at this forum and we are many users who have a tv box cs918b (mk3188t chip ap6210 with remote control).

You Might make a version of the kernel for this unit ,please?

thank you very much
                    Last edited by harris; 02-21-2014, 22:05.

Comment

just flashed on my T-R42 V2.0 no Wifi also for me, flashed kernel T-R42 new

Comment

me too
                        Originally posted by kayak1987 View Post
                        just flashed on my T-R42 V2.0 no Wifi also for me, flashed kernel T-R42 new

Comment

Any chances for 720p kernel? Too small icons and letters in www.
                          X92 3/32 Android TV Box with Ugoos AM3 Firmware

Comment

Re: K-R42 wasser firmware based on android 4.4 kikat

Originally posted by pavlik View Post
                            Any chances for 720p kernel? Too small icons and letters in www.
                            Wouldn't you rather have bigger text than lower resolution? (It's not the same thing)

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Yeah You're right. I already changed size of settings and browser character's.
                              X92 3/32 Android TV Box with Ugoos AM3 Firmware

Comment

Re: K-R42 wasser firmware based on android 4.4 kikat

Originally posted by pavlik View Post
                                Yeah You're right. I already changed size of settings and browser character's.
                                It's possible to alter DPI to affect all of the ui at once. Google is your friend.

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Working...
                                X