[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruur View Post
    I don't have a copy of the 201L to burn, it just came pre-installed on the box. And if I had, I wouldn't feel good about spreading this around if it locks the box and nothing can be flashed any more.

By the way, did you also brick it after flashing using the USB Flashing tool? And you are stuck with a red light on the power button and no HDMI output?

Of course I'll post a fix once I've found one!

Yep... I wanted to see if I could salvage it with the 201L and go back to android on it for the time being. I bought 5 and only one had the 201L the others flashed fine.
    Last edited by MinixCrazy; 05-15-2016, 17:57.

Comment

Hi, I installed Wilro's 603e build from SD with dual boot - working very good, thank you very much.
      But have few question:
      1. With TVheadend (Openelec-IP:9981 -> configuration ) I do not get any TV adapter. The same TV adapter works fine on official Openelec for intel build. What should I do/ install ?
      2. The CEC (using the TV remote) is not working. (when reboot into android the CEC is working nice). Is there a solution for that?
      3. Now that the bootloader is installed on my MXiii+. how should install another build like oe7 , kerber's or kszaq's ? just to use the same 'new method' with img.xz file ?
      Thank you

Comment

One great feature of libreelec's new amlogic CEC drivers is that if you flip over to watch some TV, the video on LE automatically pauses, and then continues when you flip back to LE from watching TV.

Comment

Originally posted by ukmark62 View Post
          One great feature of libreelec's new amlogic CEC drivers is that if you flip over to watch some TV, the video on LE automatically pauses, and then continues when you flip back to LE from watching TV.
          I didn't know about LibreElec before I read your post.
          I understand that Libreelec isn't build for Tronsmart MXIII Plus, correct?
          Or did you mean I can install only the CEC drivers from Libreelec? (apologize if it's a stupid question)
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Aldan68 View Post
            Or did you mean I can install only the CEC drivers from Libreelec? (apologize if it's a stupid question)
            Thanks
            LibreELEC (LE) is a transition from OpenELEC (OE) - info here:- https://libreelec.tv/

Wilro created an MX3G version of LE. If you download the "img.xz" file, extract it and burn on to SD card, you can try installing and running it via the micro SD card (this is what I have done). If I leave the micro SD card out, my box runs OpenELEC, and with the card inserted, it boots into LibreELEC. Post #2 on Page 1 of this thread explains how to dual install. I'm not sure it will work on the MXIII plus, but it might be worth giving it a try.

Get the "img.xz" file from here:- http://5.189.137.29/Openelec/MX3G/ks...7.0.0.2.img.xz

I don't believe that you can install the driver separately - install Wilro's LE to get it. There's no real difference (yet!) between OE and LE (LE has a prettier boot up logo!!). The new Amlogic CEC driver that pauses playback if you switch source is great.

The driver is configurable ( From Kodi -> Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals and hit enter on the popup window. By default it turns off the TV and box if you power off your box, but you can easily change it here to not turn off your TV if you don't want it to.

Comment

What's the best way to upgrade to libreelec from the 6.0.1e firmware?

Comment

ukmark62, thank you very much for your explanation . I'll test it soon

Comment

Hi guys, and especially Wiro.

I just want to take few minutes to thank you for this amazing job ! I was a little bit frustrated with my MXIII 4K android box as it was slow and not as efficient as expected.
                  I've decided yesterday night to look at the problem more carefully, and after few research I've found this topic to load openelec (libelec in my case) into the box. After some hours of read I've finally understood how everything works and installed the 7.0.0.2 version on SD in one attempt (not errors/mistake/bugs at all !).

The box is now totally different and works as expected when I bought it. Thank you for this work !!

In order to give my personal contribution, here two issues I've encountered after having spend some time with this version :
                  - HD sound are not supported. I don't know if it's a restriction of the chipset (S812), from Kodi or from the libelec distribution but DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD doesn' t work with Passthought (only the standard DTS version is received by my onkyo receiver) and can only be decoded in 2 channels (stereo) without passthought.
                  - Some configuration I've made on Kodi have disappear after a reboot of the box. Especially configuration of the Aeon Nox home menu (I've created custom button to cartoons | films HD | etc...). I've not retried those setup to see if it's a reccuring glitch or not

I'll continue to enjoy my "reborn" MX3 -4K TV box and share my feedback if I discover new issues. I'm also considering a new remote controller as IR is really crappy, I'll share with you feedback when I'll test it.

Have a nice day (it's the morning here in France!)

Comment

Originally posted by red-i View Post
                    I've simply put the tar file into the .update folder and rebooted

Comment

You can use the .tar file as suggested by ilfrance, or you can use the dual boot method described in post #425, to have openelec on nand and libreelec on sd card.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldan68 View Post
                        Thanks
                        Yes, it runs great on the Tronsmart MXIII PLUS.

Comment

Stupid question but how do I convert tar.xz to tar so that openlec update recognizes it? Is .xz compressed or something?

Comment

Stupid question but how do I convert tar.xz to tar so that openlec update recognizes it? Is .xz compressed or something?
                            xz -d filename

Comment

Originally posted by MinixCrazy View Post

Yep... I wanted to see if I could salvage it with the 201L and go back to android on it for the time being. I bought 5 and only one had the 201L the others flashed fine.

Well, I have good news and bad news. I managed to unbrick the device (kinda), read details about it here. But the remote doesn't work (you need to connect a usb mouse or keyboard to control it), nor does Ethernet. Clearly I've revived it with not the original firmware, but it gives a hint in where to look. I've opened the box up to see if I could find any other clues, see the attached pictures. Do you have the same?

I've also asked help here to identify the board / box (my apologies for double posting). Maybe somebody knows which box this exactly is and firmware belongs to this box?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

I use 7-zip program to decompress all compressed files.

Comment

Working...
                                X