[ROM Image Firmware] MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) - by cOOLio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davedeluria View Post
    After a little puttering, this build doesn't allow write access to USB drives.

I followed this link to allow it;

When you've got an Android media player or mini PC, you may want to connect an external USB drive and allow write access to this drive to some

I use torrents on my android tv boxes (to replace my old HTPC setup) and this worked quite nicely.

Maybe you can include the change in the next iteration.
    THX for letting me know. Will test and in case it works I will add it to my next release.
    My contributions to the community
    [ ROMs ] Z4 RK3368 - android TV (ATV) | MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) | Yundo Y1 S912 - android TV (ATV) not yet released
    [ Tutorials ] Bootup logo Amlogic S912 devices | Redefine any Keyboard, Gamepad, Remote Control

Comment

Originally posted by cOOLio View Post

Yes that is possible in serveral ways.
      1. If your ROM hasent root check first this instruction to get ROOT, via ADB (WiFi) should work on any S905 device.
        Then start googeling on TWRP images for S905 devices and test them, until you find one that works to flash my current ROM image file
        Here is an easy video instruction, on how to install/uninstall any custom recovery like TWRP on your device.
      2. Short PIN 29 + 30 with a needel of your Nand Flash Memory, to activate Masked recovery Boot Modus (in theory the same what the rest button makes)
        I had to do the same once with my MXQ Pro Box, to flash a nother rom once. Because the rest button was disabled by the Stock ROM
        Note: Every NAND Flash has a small round indent, in one of its corner to show PIN 1. PIN 29 + 30 can be found with the help of the picture below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-03-27 00-29-03.png
Views:	6801
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	644938
      3. Soft Brick you device totally, then It will go automatically to NAND Flash recovery mask mode.
        I did this once by mistake, cause my dog disconnects the power cable at that moment the NAND Flash was totally wiped. First thing that happens when U update a Stock ROM via SD card method. So not the what I want at the moment, but I realized than that this will also bring your box to NAND Flash recovery masked mode.

Much luck and fun
      OK thanks! I managed via ADB wifi, I installed recovery TWRP 3.0.2

Now, I have another problem! when I try to install the rom via TWRP: "Size of image is larger than target device" ?!?!?! grrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by santpir View Post

OK thanks! I managed via ADB wifi, I installed recovery TWRP 3.0.2

Now, I have another problem! when I try to install the rom via TWRP: "Size of image is larger than target device" ?!?!?! grrrrr
        Ahhh shit, my fault, TWRP supports only ZIP files when it comes to full images.

But now you can make a full backup of your box. Not that bad, I think.

And somehow I missed that U don't need the rest button when using the SD card option ... http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-amlogic-burn_card_maker-v2-0-2.html

Use that instead.

BTW ... will release a new, faster, better version of my ROM V2.5 MEE in the next hours (next day) > needs a bit more testing.
        [ ROMs ] Z4 RK3368 - android TV (ATV) | MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) | Yundo Y1 S912 - android TV (ATV) not yet released
        [ Tutorials ] Bootup logo Amlogic S912 devices | Redefine any Keyboard, Gamepad, Remote Control

Comment

Update postpone to next week. Still trying to add a 100% working TWRP recovery to the next release.

Comment

Update postpone to next week. Still trying to add a 100% working TWRP recovery to the next release.
            I want to test this ROM as soon as possible!
            Is there a rumor about version 6.0 Marshmallow?

Comment

Hi cOOLio, are there any news for the new ROM?

Comment

A new pretty lady is in the house and she say ... I'm better ...

Missy Elliott Edition (V2.5 MEE)

To see how better it is, you have to check it out on your own.

Link below for more details & download ...
                A lot peed and enhancements. Check change log for more details.

Comment

A new pretty lady is in the house and she say ... I'm better ...

Missy Elliott Edition (V2.5 MEE)

To see how better it is, you have to check it out on your own.

Link below for more details & download ...
                  YHEAHHHHH!!!!
                  Coolio, it Work on TWRP?
                  In my mxq pro 4k there is no reset button, I have necessary install rom in zip files from sd card

Comment

Installed the new V2.5... everything seems a little faster, just runs better overall for me. Kodi 17 running perfectly. Thanks for all the hard work.

Comment

i try to update, but into USB_BURNING_TOOL dont try my "device id".
                      help me

Comment

Noticeably faster than the stock image that came with the box. Many thanks for the effort that went into this!

Comment

I am very envious,

I can not install this ROM because my Box does not have the reset button.

I'm waiting for CooLio to prepare an .zip image file to be able to use with TWRP

Comment

Originally posted by santpir View Post
                            I am very envious,

I can not install this ROM because my Box does not have the reset button.

I'm waiting for CooLio to prepare an .zip image file to be able to use with TWRP

-How you installed twrp? -in my recovery stock, don't have "apply update from EXT" and i can't use a SD card ...1 week i try install this rom...

Comment

Remote is not working

Comment

Thx a lot Coolio, I was about to throw away this box till I try your ROM. Now I use it 24/24, really nice works. Very smooth and optimised, impressive. Just a question, i'm not able to use the app "Android TV remote control" with my phone (s7). The app detect my box, show the virtual remote during 1sec and go back to the detect device screen. I try to reinstall it, restart my box but doesn't work. Do I have to allow something in the setting to make it work? The goal is to be able to use the mic of my phone for the voice control ( i have no usb microphone). By the way, it's just a detail, thank you again!

Comment

Working...
                                X