No announcement yet.

[ROM Image Firmware] MXQ PRO 4K - p201 - android TV (ATV) - by cOOLio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a USB to USB cable but when I try to do the steps described by the USB Burning Tool, my PC (Windows 10 Home) does not recognize the device. I tried all of my 11 USB ports both 2.0 &3.0. Are there drivers or is there a driver that I can install to help my computer see the box? I was able to do this in the past on the same box with the same PC but that firmware without WiFi. I am hoping that this update will get my WiFi back to working.

If i cannot do it this way, how do I go about updating via SD card? I have Boot Card Maker from Amlogic but when it is looking for a .bin file not an ,img
    Last edited by James R; 12-31-2017, 12:48.

Comment

hey i tried burning this onto my device via the usb burning tool many times but to no avail keep getting errors "usb control setup error" is it possible to get this in a .zip file to flash via sd card?
      i would really appreciate it ...

Comment

would this work with my JVC Smart TV LT-55n685A
        s905.5 / p201

does anyone know of a way to get the device ID etc for the wireless chip ?

more details on what I have will be added here

Comment

Hey,

Great rom but I think you can put in the description that netflix doesn't work ...

8189ETV doesn't work too but I don't use WiFi so not a problem for me.

Can you try to add Widevine L1 so that netflix works as in the original rom.

Thank you !

Comment

Hdhhd

Comment

I second a SD card upgrade version

I also get the USB unknown driver problem when trying to flash this type. and i cant find any info about how to fix it, tried on 2 PC with win10
              so a IMG for SD card upgrade with Rockchip create upgrade disk tool cause thats the only kind i got working.
              Last edited by frodrick; 01-05-2018, 22:06.

Comment

Hi Fellow Owners,
                After lots of contemplating, I finally bought me one of these boxes but apparently I got one of the newer ones with a S905w and come s with 7.1. I tested it and the only problem is WIFI keeps turning on and off. Already considered to flash it using this rom but ain't sure if its compatible. Btw reference board is p281.

Comment

hello, to this mxq pro + plate could you get this android TV ???
                  Attached Files

Comment

without reset button as flash?????

Comment

thanks for the rom, leanback launcher is the best launcher ever!
                      there's no way to use netflix for android tv?
                      and how about google cast service?
                      thanks again.

Comment

Netflix for android TV only works with authorised hardware. It works with Sony TV's, Nexus, Nvidia Shield, and Amazon Fire. There are, however, a few android boxes out there that claim it works "out of the box". Same goes with Google Cast Service, I believe the hardware has to have license level 2 for Google Cast Service to work, most hardware only has license level 1.

Comment

Hi cOOLio
                          The firmware works almost fine at my Mygica ATV495(Geniatech ATV495) box with S905 and AP6212 wifi/bt chipset. many thx!
                          but the only bad thing is the bluetooth can not open. I'm sure the bluetooth can work at the original rom.
                          Can you help to make sure how the driver of BroadCOM AP6212 can be installed?
                          Here is the reference that you can use:
                          Tronsmart is a leading brand innovating cutting-edge audio products such as speakers & headphones with premium sound quality.

(Vega S95 Pro has the same chipset)
                          I have tried to use recovery mode to install the driver but failed

another thing that you can know. This firmare works very fine at China IPTV Q5 box
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                          Last edited by HiTony; 01-16-2018, 07:10.

Comment

AirPin is not working with iOS, i'm trying to stream a youtube video via airplay and says: "Bult In firmaware player not able to play the video'

Comment

I'm using SPMC with this firmware. Every time, at a certain point, al video stop plaing and the MXQ pro 4k simply shut down! Someone know what is the problem? May be RAM?

Comment

Please advise if this custom rom works with S905 P201 board with 2gb ram and 16 gb memory, my box brand is MXQ pro+ 4k .... somehow this box has a + on it...

Also please note the box doesnt have a reset button inside the audio jack... but it has twrp, how can i flash this rom to the box? thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X