No announcement yet.

Mini M8S II 4K Smart TV Box Amlogic S905X 2/8GB WiFi 10/100 LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, try installing the rom with burning tool.
    Please can you check if you can change subs size in video player? Mine is grey and i can not choose it.

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post
      Does anyone has this apk so i can install it again or where can i find it on the internet?
      from System/app

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post
        Someone with a purple screen problem ... and one dark shadows in the video
        there is a test update

try it

Download firmware 26.09.2016

Programmer wrote: Download it and you will get a file named ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip, copy it to TF-card ( make sure TF-card format is FAT32) , then run "UPDATE&BACKUP' application on tv-box, click 'select' button to select file 'ota_MINIM8SII_rgb.zip', then click 'update' button.

After system update success, start system settings, display->force rgb->on, system should output RGB data.
        Currently, I didn't save this status, because I'm not sure wether it works or not, If there is something wrong about display, just reboot system.

Helped or not ???
        Hi,
        I am also having this problem.

After some time the entire picture becomes green for arround 1-2 seconds.
        When the green picture is over, the entire screen is light blue/purple and the movie looks inverted.
        To fix this i have to reboot the box or switch to a different HDMI Source on the TV.
        But the problem reoccurs. Sometimes after 10 seconds. Sometimes after 30 minutes.
        It's mentioned as HDMI - sync problem in the following link.

I hope they will fix it with next update. Because it was unusable, if it the color always changes like this. Otherwise, I have to return it.
        It is not in TV, because I didn't have problem with other android TV. My other Android TVs via HDMI working just fine.
        Last edited by jason11; 10-01-2016, 08:25.

Comment

Originally posted by jason11 View Post

I hope they will fix it with next update. Because it was unusable, if it the color always changes like this. Otherwise, I have to return it.
          It is not in TV, because I didn't have problem with other android TV. My other Android TVs via HDMI working just fine.
          I would say it's a little bit of both. I have tried my box in a modern Samsung TV and it works perfectly fine, but I get the "purple" screen on my good old Philips TV. However, it is definitely fixable by firmware. I tried Vldim's fix, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I assume you tried it and didn't work either?

Comment

Originally posted by solitron View Post
            I tried Vldim's fix, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I assume you tried it and didn't work either?
            Unfortunately, this method does not work. Very bad.
            "purple screen" problem is on all tv-box Amlogic S905X and S912
            And even on the console Apple TV

The problem "purple screen" only old TV with HDMI 1.3

Most likely it would never be solved! Manufacturer consoles do not know what it is!
            Manufacturer consoles blame the Phillips.
            The problem will never be solved not!
            Change the TV, or sell tv-box...

Comment

Originally posted by soulfunkdjx View Post
              Insert the sd card and format it from the settings of android. Then try to update. If not this works try the method you wrote before and choose "run update from Ext" but i suppose you'll get an error.
              I did it. It was hard but I did it.
              I tried first to update with sd card formatted from device.... Always on "rebooting".
              I tried to update from ext on recovery mode.... Error.
              I tried without sd card.... Always on "rebooting".
              I tried formatting sd card from mac and coping/expanding update.zip on it e then running the update from it (using the update&backup app). It rebooted directly to update installation. HoHoo! It works!... Error after a while... Damn!
              Ok, I gave up, I thought: "let's reboot and use the tv box as it is. I have no problems after all"...
              It didn't reboot, it went always on recovery mode. Panic.
              I tried to update from Ext again. It finally worked. Yeah!
              Now the tv box works very good, with root access and wifi seem more stable.
              Thank you soulfunkdjx for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by solitron View Post

I would say it's a little bit of both. I have tried my box in a modern Samsung TV and it works perfectly fine, but I get the "purple" screen on my good old Philips TV. However, it is definitely fixable by firmware. I tried Vldim's fix, but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I assume you tried it and didn't work either?
                Unfortunately, I got this box today and I have purple screen issue on my Sony Bravia TV. My device is rooted. Can' t we just solve this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by gnacca View Post

I did it. It was hard but I did it.
                  I tried first to update with sd card formatted from device.... Always on "rebooting".
                  I tried to update from ext on recovery mode.... Error.
                  I tried without sd card.... Always on "rebooting".
                  I tried formatting sd card from mac and coping/expanding update.zip on it e then running the update from it (using the update&backup app). It rebooted directly to update installation. HoHoo! It works!... Error after a while... Damn!
                  Ok, I gave up, I thought: "let's reboot and use the tv box as it is. I have no problems after all"...
                  It didn't reboot, it went always on recovery mode. Panic.
                  I tried to update from Ext again. It finally worked. Yeah!
                  Now the tv box works very good, with root access and wifi seem more stable.
                  Thank you soulfunkdjx for your help.
                  You wellcome. Happy to help you. Just to know, the best formating procedure for an sd card is through the android's system menu and not mac or windows pc. My box is running perfectly after the last update (not that i had any problems before).

Comment

Google Photos app -> Cannot play movies. No issues with photos. (both app and box firmware are update)

Hi,

Anyone else with videos not playing with Google Photos app? Any idea on how to fix this?
                    Thanks. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by JP_PT View Post
                      [B]
                      Anyone else with videos not playing with Google Photos app?
                      Yes, Google Photos - videos not playing, and will never.
                      Use a normal player !!!

MX Player + Arm v7-Neon
                      or Wiseplay
                      or Kodi

Comment

Originally posted by vldim View Post

Yes, Google Photos - videos not playing, and will never.
                        Use a normal player !!!

MX Player + Arm v7-Neon
                        or Wiseplay
                        or Kodi
                        Does wiseplay support 3d mode from 3d videos as the preinstalled movie player does?

Comment

Hi, I have a no-brand MINI M8S 2, box described as "S905X AMLOGIC CPU - 2GB RAM + 8GB ROM - ANDROID 6.0.1 TV BOX - KODI 17 16 KRYPTON 'BLANK BOX' - WIFI 2.4GHZ + BLUETOOTH 4.0".

The box was working on f/w "p212-userdebug 6.0.1 MHC19J 20160903 test-key" but has got stuck in a weird state.

I added VLC which has been working fine with my RAID box on my wired LAN for playing films. Don't need bloaty-Kodi... I also tried using the google M launcher for a while as it is less lurid looking.

An android update became available (20160923) which I foolishly tried to download several times (~600MB!!) but on installing the update it always says something like unZIP error and stops.

I tried factory defaulting first, via the usual system menus, then retrying the downloads but still no luck. And then I find that on the current firmware, VLC can no longer access files over (wired) LAN, it just hangs accessing the RAID shares, and Kodi will, but plays without sound. The unit works over ethernet to access Internet OK but there is an issue with SMB shares somehow. I cannot find any settings related to the ethernet port..

At some point, and I'm not sure exactly what change caused the issue, the VLC (& Kodi) problems started and now the box is essentially unusable for video files, but in all other respects appears to work normally... PlayStore works, wifi works (normally off) - it's as if something has subtly changed some settings and broken some networking config....

---> What do you suggest to get the unit working again?

FYI my Moto G4 Marshmallow phone runs fine on my LAN, and VLC can access the RAID box, albeit over wifi rather than wired LAN, so the network is fine....
                          Thanks
                          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by freemansteve View Post
                            An android update became available (20160923) which I foolishly tried to download several times (~600MB!!) but on installing the update it always says something like unZIP error and stops.
                            remove SD card
                            remove USB HDD

Comment

Steve
                              remove SD card
                              remove USB HDD

Comment

Steve
                                Before upgrading:
                                remove SD card
                                remove USB HDD

The problem with "SMB shares" will help "Wipe data / factory reset"

Comment

Working...
                                X