Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I show the navigation bar and the notification bar?

Comment

Originally posted by celticslment View Post
      How can I show the navigation bar and the notification bar?
      You install the Nano or Stock variants. By design, Android TV doesn't show the navigation bar or status bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
        This custom ROM should also work on the Beelink Mini MXIII, but you might need to update the wireless driver and remote.conf file: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-tv-nexus-roms
        In the mean time I just can't resist to ask if it's unthinkable for you to port Minix U1 ROM for Beelink Mini MXIII? On the MiniX forum a nice development for U1 going on, the hardware are almost the same. I'm running a ported ROM right now but stuck at that version, http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-twrp-recovery
        Link to the MiniX ROM: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/ne...0170629.17083/

I'll try this ROM and get back to you with the outcome.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Comment

Just bought this box and started gathering informations about roms and such.
          This rom is rooted, right ?
          Thanks.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes. The underlying OEM firmware was rooted.

Thanks mate for your hard work.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad you find it useful!

I just installed this rom, pretty much without guidelines, and i wonder now, since dates are not written, its all guesswork.

Are the Update, actually new, or simply an update to the original installation with regular m8s ii interface?

I would recommend dating file updates, so you can actually tell the difference, since right now the storage location has all files dated the same date, so hard to tell whether an update is out or not.

But now for the positive part
          I really love the upgrade, but feel that the android UI is not hardware accelerated, could it be that the hardware libs are not really used? and the generic ones are in use?
          I cannot tell since my box crash when i try to connect with ADB, and i keep getting "not authorized" info, and no window on box to approve.
          So i cannot tell why it crash

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Consider the typical filename: update_MINIMXIII-II_112M0_TVStock-20170606.zip

The build date is the last part (20170606), the variant before that (TVStock), preceded by the OEM firmware version upon which it's based (112M0 for the Mini MXIII II). The update_ indicates that it's an OTA update that should be flashed in TWRP or the Update & Backup app, not an Amlogic burn package (.img file) that you flash with USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker.

ADB is disabled in the underlying OEM firmware on all these Amlogic boxes, and none of us have bothered to try to fix it because they're rooted.

I don't know what you're expecting for hardware acceleration, but we're just using the libs provided by the OEM firmware. Some like Superceleron have done more to optimize kernel performance by tweaking the init .rc files in the ramdisk, but I've just kept what shipped from the OEM.

the Shell worked fine in PRE-AndroidTV version here, so it cannot be the mini m8s II firmware, that had the shell disabled.
          I had only the original firmware at that point, and since it crashes with a Android UI failure, i doubt this is related to OEM, since they did not make the Android TV implementation.
          So bug or not, it is failing and not working due to missing functionality which is left unknown since i cannot login. Have not tried USB, but you need authentication as well here.

What i mean is when you look at the Android TV launcher it is stuttering way too much, and the hardware is not slow as is. Ive seen how it looks on Nvidia Shield.
          Even KODI looks better with whatever graphics theme used.

I made many custom roms back then, upto Android 5 , then i quit the XDA scene, so i believe i am familiar with android structure and builds, and how a improper build.conf can make you run software rendering, unwanted, but it happens Yet, i do not know, since i cannot see much, expect investigate the img files, that i did not want to spend too much on for now.
          Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2017, 12:23.

Comment

Originally posted by collectordk View Post
            the Shell worked fine in PRE-AndroidTV version here, so it cannot be the mini m8s II firmware, that had the shell disabled.
            I had only the original firmware at that point, and since it crashes with a Android UI failure, i doubt this is related to OEM, since they did not make the Android TV implementation.
            So bug or not, it is failing and not working due to missing functionality which is left unknown since i cannot login. Have not tried USB, but you need authentication as well here.

What i mean is when you look at the Android TV launcher it is stuttering way too much, and the hardware is not slow as is. Ive seen how it looks on Nvidia Shield.
            Even KODI looks better with whatever graphics theme used.
            What you do you mean that you can't login? Are you not getting past the setup wizard? (And if you're not, how are you determining that the performance is so slow in Leanback Launcher?)

If sounds like you've got some network issues, but maybe that build fell victim to the make_ext4fs file permission corruption issue we were struggling with. It's just odd that no one reported it before you, since this update was released almost two months ago.

Originally posted by collectordk View Post
            I made many custom roms back then, up to Android 5, then i quit the XDA scene, so i believe i am familiar with android structure and builds, and how a improper build.conf can make you run software rendering, unwanted, but it happens Yet, i do not know, since i cannot see much, expect investigate the img files, that i did not want to spend too much on for now.
            You're clearly more qualified than I to know what's going on with my custom ROM, so I yield to your greater experience. A full refund will be in the mail.

Seriously, though, if you have specific bugs or suggestions, I do want to hear them. Unfortunately, Marshmallow builds aren't getting much attention these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              You're clearly more qualified than I to know what's going on with my custom ROM, so I yield to your greater experience. A full refund will be in the mail.

Seriously, though, if you have specific bugs or suggestions, I do want to hear them. Unfortunately, Marshmallow builds aren't getting much attention these days.
              I'm not more qualified, i am just stating what works and what is not working, if you can see past the experience, you would maybe look at other builds and figure out the problem , instead of trying to be so funny.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                It was 4:30am at the time, and you were telling me that my work was crap, claiming major flaws that no one else has reported for two months. You implied that you were insulted with the lack of quality control, knowing full well that I'm just a volunteer without the resources of a software development company. My attempt at humor was a gentle reminder that I owe you nothing, and that your arrogant tone is not appreciated.

• scooter2014
                scooter2014 commented
                Editing a comment
                If you read your post to yourself youll see that you have lots of xda experiences with structures and one fact you missed. Is Thank you for your hard work. Not to mention your rude comment. (Hes allowed to joke as its his Tread and work. ) If you dont have any thing positive to add then just be silent. You have only had three posts on here and think maybe a trip to the main forum and a quick read of the Rules here will allow you to be here longer then if you follow this path.

Best Regards

BTW, I just flashed MINIMXIII-II_112M0_TVStock-20170606.img on my Mini M8S II, and everything was working just fine. No errors, WiFi and Ethernet working fine, and graphics performance was smooth.

By any chance did you apply the OTA update without doing a data wipe first? Per the release notes: "OTA updates are designed as incremental updates to be used AFTER the initial flash with the burn package."

Comment

This firmware works very well. Installed on several boxes android s9055x without worries! More the patch for the wifi is 100% functional I use every day my android tv without any problem or bug. Bravo again for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post

With my tweaks added to this ROM, it runs butter smooth. I can even run PPSSPP with good frame rates.
                Just confirm, MINI MX3 , Magendanz ROM + your tweaks? Today I canĀ“t run any PSP ROM with the Beelink stock ROM...

Thanks.

Comment

How do you get the full Google play store? I seem to be only getting a very limited number of apps

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    With the Android TV ROMs, you get the Google Play Store for Android TV. If you want the one for phones and tablets, you should install a non-ATV ROM, such as my Nano and Stock variants. However, those won't serve up apps designed for Android TV.

Many thanks for the response, is there a way to add Amazon prime video?

Comment

Hello Magendanz,

Could you, please, tell me if your ROM supports USB touchscreen ? and if not is it possible to add it ?
                    I have an ACER T231H 23" touch screen and a mini M8S II.
                    Thank you very much,

bibo

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't have a USB touchscreen, so I couldn't say.
                  Working...
                  X