H96 MAX X2 Amlogic S905X2 Android 8.1 4/32GB Dual Band WiFi Fast LAN BT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by romcrazy View Post

1. Extraction is possible but flashing only that is not.
    If you have x96max rom and want to flash twrp, and if you can boot twrp from sdcard, then get the ota recovery zip and flash it via bootable twrp. IT WILL STICK. Never tried it so I dont know if your partitions will sustain it. Why do you need to flash twrp when you can boot and use it? Use the box for enjoyment, not for experiment. Thats my motto.

2. License is necessary for every rom. Once you install license, you can use it for every flash. No need to redo the license install.
    Point 2: thanks, I'm newbee to Android TV modding, so I don't know the procedures and software required! Usb Burning Tools looks to me like an unbrick software, like Xiaomi Mi Flash or Asus flash tool.

Point 1: Sure, bootable TWRP works fine and there's no doubt on it: today I did the nandbackup of my device and I suppose the restore will work too. Just out of curiosity I wondered why with the same device, the same TWRP could not be installed. I think there's no recovery partition in the 20190302 release. Btw, I enjoy experiments I don't spend much time to watch TV but like very much try new things on my device

This morning I flashed the Zip installer of the arm64 YouTube Vanced. The app has installed and could be opened, but crash after the search o video in the search bar. But if you start a video from the home, this works. Uninstalled the app and installed the Play Store version.

Comment

Originally posted by Livio F View Post

Just out of curiosity I wondered why with the same device, the same TWRP could not be installed. I think there's no recovery partition in the 20190302 release.
      Point 2 is correct, Burning tools is like xiaomi flash tool. For unbricking and fresh flashing.

Point 1, if you check the source of twrp zip you will find its for u211 devices and therefore is generic. Our devices may be similar with other s905x2 but every device has its own partition table. Now, if the OTA zip targets a section on partition table where it thinks recovery should be, but in our device lets say for example, that specific section has system or boot there, then OTA zip wont install. Its due to difference in partition tables. When you boot that img, pressing reset and applying power, finds the img in sdcard and boots, this process doesn't bother with partition tables, because nothing is being flashed. I am guessing if you could get hold of system img for any box, we could boot with sdcard method, this is just me wondering.

Comment

Point 2 is correct, Burning tools is like xiaomi flash tool. For unbricking and fresh flashing.

Point 1, if you check the source of twrp zip you will find its for u211 devices and therefore is generic. Our devices may be similar with other s905x2 but every device has its own partition table. Now, if the OTA zip targets a section on partition table where it thinks recovery should be, but in our device lets say for example, that specific section has system or boot there, then OTA zip wont install. Its due to difference in partition tables. When you boot that img, pressing reset and applying power, finds the img in sdcard and boots, this process doesn't bother with partition tables, because nothing is being flashed. I am guessing if you could get hold of system img for any box, we could boot with sdcard method, this is just me wondering.
        Very interesting explanation! Thank you! Strangely, the recovery puts the backup in a folder called V311 while the generated folder file has name u211 I'm exploring a new world with that TV Box and I spend time understanding things!!! Thanks again to answer me! The last doubt about the currently installed rom concerns the root: root access is present and working, but there's no root manager! Il think that is "little dangerous" because app not ask for root permission. Installing SuperSU from Play Store generates stuck in boot logo. Hmmm... not a good thing: I've flashed again the Rom

Comment

Very interesting explanation! Thank you! Strangely, the recovery puts the backup in a folder called V311 while the generated folder file has name u211 I'm exploring a new world with that TV Box and I spend time understanding things!!! Thanks again to answer me! The last doubt about the currently installed rom concerns the root: root access is present and working, but there's no root manager! Il think that is "little dangerous" because app not ask for root permission. Installing SuperSU from Play Store generates stuck in boot logo. Hmmm... not a good thing: I've flashed again the Rom

Comment

Has anyone tried any of the Beelink GT1 Mini custom roms on this device? ie Magendanz, Alphatech or xannytech etc.

Comment

I dont know why the names would get jumbled up, seriously I never bothered with names of folders, we can just select location and restore. As far as root is concerned, you must clarify which firmware you are on. Regardless of firmware, root and root manager will be found only after you flash root zip. If you want supersu, then flash supersu zip, and you will get root manager with root, if you want magisk, flash magisk zip and you will get magisk manager with it, you will need to update them later.

Originally posted by rahzel View Post
              Has anyone tried any of the Beelink GT1 Mini custom roms on this device? ie Magendanz, Alphatech or xannytech etc.
              Be specific please. Link the roms you are naming.

Comment

I dont know why the names would get jumbled up, seriously I never bothered with names of folders, we can just select location and restore. As far as root is concerned, you must clarify which firmware you are on. Regardless of firmware, root and root manager will be found only after you flash root zip. If you want supersu, then flash supersu zip, and you will get root manager with root, if you want magisk, flash magisk zip and you will get magisk manager with it, you will need to update them later.

Be specific please. Link the roms you are naming.
                These ones specifically:

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...om-android-8-1
                https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-1-oreo-s905x2
                https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...8-1-android-tv

I use Magendanz Nexus Nano roms on my other devices. But these aren't specifically made for this box, so was just wondering if anyone has tried to see if everything works.

Comment

These ones specifically:

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...om-android-8-1
                  https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-1-oreo-s905x2
                  https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...8-1-android-tv

I use Magendanz Nexus Nano roms on my other devices. But these aren't specifically made for this box, so was just wondering if anyone has tried to see if everything works.
                  1. https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=80212220 Good port but based on beelink 112. 112 stock was factory riddled with problems, like hangs, sleep after 5 min of inactivity and not able to wake from sleep. You can use this, but make sure you install 115 launcher (lighthome apk) extract and put in.
                  2. Alvatech rom has not been ported yet. I will request sergej to port it. Maybe he will. I dont see the need to try more ports when 3 ports work very good on our device but still I will pitch in the request.
                  3. https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=82255470 Xtmod rom. Its good but I have a special hate for ATV roms so I dont use it. I tried it though and it works. With obvious ATV limitations. playstore has limited atv apps. Sucks for me. But its there for you

Comment

Hello I am new in the tv-box I have this in particular and I would like to know which is currently the best rom, mainly I use it for kodi, I currently have the rom H96_Max_X2_S905X2_V311_4G_190302 but mouse mode does not work and I can not turn on when it is sleeping. Thank you

Comment

carlero
                      the same probleme with firmwire : X96Max_V311_4G_190302_to_H96MaxX2 and cannot take of the tv box

Comment

1. https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...ost&p=80212220 Good port but based on beelink 112. 112 stock was factory riddled with problems, like hangs, sleep after 5 min of inactivity and not able to wake from sleep. You can use this, but make sure you install 115 launcher (lighthome apk) extract and put in.
                        2. Alvatech rom has not been ported yet. I will request sergej to port it. Maybe he will. I dont see the need to try more ports when 3 ports work very good on our device but still I will pitch in the request.
                        3. https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=82255470 Xtmod rom. Its good but I have a special hate for ATV roms so I dont use it. I tried it though and it works. With obvious ATV limitations. playstore has limited atv apps. Sucks for me. But its there for you
                        Thanks a lot.

1. Are you talking about Magendanz rom, or the one you linked to? Is that a ported beelink firmware for our H96? Magendanz ROM is based on 114 isn't it? Sorry I'm a bit confused.
                        3. Yeah I don't like ATV roms either. Sorry I meant this one actually: https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-fixes-and-mod

So the ROMS I posted basically won't work unless they have been ported by someone? I thought there was the off chance that the HW would be the same and it would work without issues as is.

Comment

I currently have the "X96Max_V311_4G_190302_to_H96MaxX2" firmware, but it comes pre-rooted without any root manager. I'm afraid to flash Magisk for the reason of the boot signed and even because I think the pre-root is SuperSu. I'd like to know if there's a way to know which root is installed now. Thank you for bearing my questions!

Comment

So the ROMS I posted basically won't work unless they have been ported by someone? I thought there was the off chance that the HW would be the same and it would work without issues as is.
                            Xannytech rom which you linked has not yet been ported. You can request it though, I requested poison rom and sergej ported it the same day. He is a good guy.
                            The roms which you linked, all of them have been created for other boxes. They will work on our h96 but wifi lan wont work. that requires h96 specific drivers. sergej takes these roms, and adds wifi lan drivers for our devices. Thus his ported roms work on our box with wifi lan. You can try these roms on your box without wifi lan pick the one you like and get it ported by requesting in 4pda thread.

I currently have the "X96Max_V311_4G_190302_to_H96MaxX2" firmware, but it comes pre-rooted without any root manager. I'm afraid to flash Magisk for the reason of the boot signed and even because I think the pre-root is SuperSu. I'd like to know if there's a way to know which root is installed now. Thank you for bearing my questions!
                            Stop being a child stop being afraid, you cant unbrick your box and if something goes wrong you can always flash stock with usb burning tool. If I was in your situation, I would download supersu zip and flash it from twrp. That would give me root manager. If I am stupid and want to keep supersu, then I can by stopping at that. But I am not stupid, therefore, I will boot the box, open supersu app goto settings and choose the option to completely unroot. It will give me a warning about rebooting, I will click ok and box wont reboot, I would unplug it, replug it, after booting, I would use root checker app to confirm that root has been lost, then I will boot twrp and flash magisk zip. Reboot and I will have magisk systemless root with manager.

Comment

Originally posted by carlero View Post
                              Hello I am new in the tv-box I have this in particular and I would like to know which is currently the best rom, mainly I use it for kodi, I currently have the rom H96_Max_X2_S905X2_V311_4G_190302 but mouse mode does not work and I can not turn on when it is sleeping. Thank you
                              hello again, in the forum you recommend the rom S905X2.HK1_PRO_AP6330_100M_8.1.2019.01.02.13.58 what differences are there regarding the X96Max_V311_4G_190302_to_H96MaxX2 ?? which one is better? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by carlero View Post

hello again, in the forum you recommend the rom S905X2.HK1_PRO_AP6330_100M_8.1.2019.01.02.13.58 what differences are there regarding the X96Max_V311_4G_190302_to_H96MaxX2 ?? which one is better? Thank you
                                I recommend 3 roms. HK1 PRO, X96max, people's firmware. I will test poison 2.0 today and report on that too.

Better? Thats based on on personal preference. Why dont you install both for 5 hours each and play with them to make up your mind?

Sergej ported another rom and says its excellent. https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&s...ost&p=84277854
                                I will test this one too
                                Last edited by romcrazy; 04-11-2019, 14:27. Reason: Another rom found

Comment

Working...
                                X