Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XTMOD-ATV X96 Max - GT1 and some U211 devices - S905X2 Android 8.1 [Android TV]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prins_007 View Post

Hi,

Thank you for your help.
    Always get the AML dtb issue. I don't know what the XTM_ATV_4_4.img did :-( It seems that the only firmware that get passed the AML issue is this firmware. All other firmwares get stuk. But the issue of the XTM_ATV_4_4.img firmware now is that one get stuk at Vendor check. 96%... and about the loop i waited sometimes 30min sometimes hours if i was busy, the box stays on.
    Had a similar issue when I tried updating to Android_P Rom and everytime it would crash with some "partition error". I think the switch pressing using a toothpick was no longer working.
    I work in an Electronic Mfg industry so I asked one of the solder lady to run external wires connecting to switch. I then connected them and then booted up the Box with burn card created sd card with the image and volla the box started in update mode and successfully recovered.
    I also was able to update to Android P 07/22/2019 ROM using USB burning tool 2.1.7 later on. I tucked the two wires underneath the box using a tape so they are well hidden and can be used in future. Hope this encourages you to try additional steps and recover the dead box. Don't loose hope yet. Goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by resansid View Post

Had a similar issue when I tried updating to Android_P Rom and everytime it would crash with some "partition error". I think the switch pressing using a toothpick was no longer working.
      I work in an Electronic Mfg industry so I asked one of the solder lady to run external wires connecting to switch. I then connected them and then booted up the Box with burn card created sd card with the image and volla the box started in update mode and successfully recovered.
      I also was able to update to Android P 07/22/2019 ROM using USB burning tool 2.1.7 later on. I tucked the two wires underneath the box using a tape so they are well hidden and can be used in future. Hope this encourages you to try additional steps and recover the dead box. Don't loose hope yet. Goodluck
      Hi friend,

Thank you, kan you tel me wich files you have put in the SD card to recover and where i can find the files? May be this will help. Then i can try the steps you mention abo e :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nikito7989 View Post
        Finally, we recently upgraded the firmware for GT-King and GT1 mini, and the GT1 mini 95X2 version can now be upgraded to Android 9.0. For details, please see the link below:

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ards-announced
        Does the GT1 mini 95X2 version work on the X96 Max 4g 64g box????

Comment

Hi friend,

Thank you, kan you tel me wich files you have put in the SD card to recover and where i can find the files? May be this will help. Then i can try the steps you mention abo e :-)
          Sorry for late reply, I used burn card maker V2.02 and the image I used to create sd card was X96Max_V311_4G_8.1_20190625.img.
          I think the important point is the reset switch has to be connected fully until the partition error and beyond during flash so keep it connected all the way until box update via sd card.
          Please update us on your trial using these steps. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by raruba View Post

Does the GT1 mini 95X2 version work on the X96 Max 4g 64g box????
            Some of the earlier versions worked on X96 max but you loose the clock display and I could never tell if the box is ON or OFF. So I personally went back to using X96 based ROMs only.

Comment

Some of the earlier versions worked on X96 max but you loose the clock display and I could never tell if the box is ON or OFF. So I personally went back to using X96 based ROMs only.
              Hey thanks, and I agree with you about loosing the clock display...I need to know if my box is on for sure.

Comment

Sorry for late reply, I used burn card maker V2.02 and the image I used to create sd card was X96Max_V311_4G_8.1_20190625.img.
                I think the important point is the reset switch has to be connected fully until the partition error and beyond during flash so keep it connected all the way until box update via sd card.
                Please update us on your trial using these steps. Hope this helps.
                Hi Friend,

I tried what you wrote and unfortunately it didn't work. I think that the ATX firmware did something with my box. :-( it look likes it's locked. Pin Short Cut doens't work also.

Comment

Hi Friend,

I tried what you wrote and unfortunately it didn't work. I think that the ATX firmware did something with my box. :-( it look likes it's locked. Pin Short Cut doens't work also.
                  During the burn card maker process, did you select all erase eeprom options.
                  I'd try a couple more times using these options.

Comment

During the burn card maker process, did you select all erase eeprom options.
                    I'd try a couple more times using these options.
                    Yes i tried.

Comment

Yes i tried.
                      Use the USB burning tool v2.1.7.1, load the rom and then hit the start button. Hold down the reset button on box, while holding, plug in the USB cable from computer to the USB port on box and then plug in the power cord also while still holding reset on box and wait for connect sound on computer, then let go of reset on box.....should work......this box takes extra power for some reason.

Comment

Hello,

Have been looking for a answer to my question in this forum, but I couldn?t find it. I have a H96 max x2 unit, is this something I can install on my box?

Comment

Originally posted by buttboyboris View Post
                          Hello,

Have been looking for a answer to my question in this forum, but I couldn?t find it. I have a H96 max x2 unit, is this something I can install on my box?
                          I really don't know, its work on the X96 Max......never tried it on the H96 Max

Comment

Use the USB burning tool v2.1.7.1, load the rom and then hit the start button. Hold down the reset button on box, while holding, plug in the USB cable from computer to the USB port on box and then plug in the power cord also while still holding reset on box and wait for connect sound on computer, then let go of reset on box.....should work......this box takes extra power for some reason.
                            New release USB Burning Tool 2.1.7.1? Can you post the link? Thanx

Comment

I really don't know, its work on the X96 Max......never tried it on the H96 Max
                              Hmmm I?ve read somewhere in the thread that someone installed it on a H96 max x2, but that?s user just mentioned it.

I want to be sure it won?t brick my unit

Comment

Can I use this rom for Km9 Pro Classic?

Comment

Working...
                                X