X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vincs View Post
    On my A912, I've the brightness issue.
    • I dont think its needs the brightness fix... i leave that to you guys/girls to decide... the control app is there if needed!
    I will try the app to fix it. (I didn't think it was already installed
    I also have the brightness issue. I have a GT1 S912, using SCV9 (I don't like the led to stay always on).
    I have found a good test scene, at the beginning of The Hobbit, The Battle of the Five Armies, at 11:30 right after the dragon death, Ori is in foreground with some other fellows at his side: after a reboot I can hardly see him on an almost black background, but after I play any 4K video I can see the details of the fellows in the background.
    The Box_Fix app is useless (does it need root?)
    To me it appears more as a range problem than a brightness one, as if playing a 4K video properly initializes the chipset to use the full brightness range... Something like the option "Use limited color range" in. Kodi for PC (http://kodi.wiki/view/video_levels_and_color_space)

Anyway it is not a big problem to me, the box is rock solid and doesn't need to be rebooted so I just play a 4K video and leave it in standby :-)

Again thanks for your work, SC.
    Last edited by met67; 02-28-2017, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincs View Post

And is there a way to launch FMTC/Kodi at start ? I used "Start Kodi" but it's not available on ATV.
      Sideload it or seach in aptoid!

Originally posted by met67 View Post

I also have the brightness issue. I have a GT1 S912, using SCV9 (I don't like the led to stay always on).
      I have found a good test scene, at the beginning of The Hobbit, The Battle of the Five Armies, at 11:30 right after the dragon death, Ori is in foreground with some other fellows at his side: after a reboot I can hardly see him on an almost black background, but after I play any 4K video I can see the details of the fellows in the background.
      To me it appears more as a range problem than a brightness one, as if playing a 4K video properly initializes the chipset to use the full brightness range... Something like the option "Use limited color range" in. Kodi for PC (http://kodi.wiki/view/video_levels_and_color_space)

Anyway it is not a big problem to me, the box is rock solid and doesn't need to be rebooted so I just play a 4K video and leave it in standby :-)

The brightness problem is a general android 6 problem on all roms for amlogic, if you see android 5 on amlogic the problem is not there,,, you guys just need to wait or amlogic fix it(if they ever will)
      Box_Fix needs root, is in the 1º post!
      The led i know my new kernel source got corrupted so i had to use the old one(hdd problem) if you dont need my proper rgb fix, you can flash by twrp the ugoos kernel and that it will be fixed, is in the 1º post...

Comment

Originally posted by met67 View Post

I also had that problem and fixed it by editing the file /system/build.prop
        Just search for the line "service.bootvideo = 0" replace it with "service.bootvideo = 1" and reboot.
        Now, everytime you reboot, the bootanimation will be a video instead of the freaktab boot animation. Playing that video fixes the incorrect color range that causes low brightness on several tv's.

Consider that fix superceleron. Doesn't require messing arround with the kernel or apps and you can keep the freaktab boot animation if you convert those jpegs to a video file.

BTW, I have done this on your other rom, not the ATV one.

Comment

i know i can convert it since i already did but the problem is that the animation it 2 small, in video only last 2 sec and the video dont play in loop like the normal jpg animation :/
          And im no video expert to make one(i could do it but it will take time something that i dont have much this days), and have already sh*t load of other stuff to do!

Comment

Hello, I have the GT1 with serial number starting A912 and wifi chip 9377 according to CPU-Z.

Any threads which go through the flashing process from beginning to end?
            Last edited by PasPer2; 02-28-2017, 17:56. Reason: knowledge is power

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
              The brightness problem is a general android 6 problem on all roms for amlogic, if you see android 5 on amlogic the problem is not there,,, you guys just need to wait or amlogic fix it(if they ever will)
              Box_Fix needs root, is in the 1º post!
              The led i know my new kernel source got corrupted so i had to use the old one(hdd problem) if you dont need my proper rgb fix, you can flash by twrp the ugoos kernel and that it will be fixed, is in the 1º post...
              Yea, don't worry, I'm more than happy with SCV9 :-).
              Sent some beer, enjoy it, you deserve it!

Comment

thks

Comment

I'm thinking of installing this version on my MXIII G II. If i install the wrong version (between the two from the first and second post), will it do something irreversible to the box (i.e. brick)? Or only the WiFi and BT wont work?

I've tried version SCV8B-GT1 and kervel gt1-kernel-6255, but regardless if i do a plain rom install or with the kernel, both wifi and BT dont work.

Comment

Originally posted by diagobe View Post
                    I'm thinking of installing this version on my MXIII G II. If i install the wrong version (between the two from the first and second post), will it do something irreversible to the box (i.e. brick)? Or only the WiFi and BT wont work?

I've tried version SCV8B-GT1 and kervel gt1-kernel-6255, but regardless if i do a plain rom install or with the kernel, both wifi and BT dont work.
                    Dunno m8, i think bluesmanuk installed in one but not 100% sure
                    But if you try, try the version in the 2º post!

Comment

Thanks superceleron, i've just installed the version from the second post and both WiFi and BT seem to work

Comment

Originally posted by diagobe View Post
                        Thanks superceleron, i've just installed the version from the second post and both WiFi and BT seem to work

Comment

Tested on S912 Tronsmart everything is smooth & superb except for remote control not working.Done copy remote.conf still not works any idea to resolve?Thks

Comment

Originally posted by jeffskodi View Post
                            Tested on S912 Tronsmart everything is smooth & superb except for remote control not working.Done copy remote.conf still not works any idea to resolve?Thks
                            you need to rename it as sc_remote.conf

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

you need to rename it as sc_remote.conf
                              Bingo...it works thks

Comment

SC Is it possible to flash your kernel without losing data? I am on V9 without your kernel and I ask if it is possible to flash it with TWRP

Comment

Working...
                                X