X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Ignore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

AW: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by yerzu View Post
      Probably Your 4ports hub is a piece of crap and is unstable or driver is bugged and cannot handle... Try with hub which have power supply connector to power up usb devices plugged in it.
      Not sure, if the usb 4 ports are crap. I would like to read from the results of other cs968 ap6210 owner.
      Maybe it is special for the device, needs other adjustments for voltage in the kernel or my device has a failure.

JDfense ----> Nexus 7 ~ 2013

Comment

AW: Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

Originally posted by d33 View Post
        Ignore

I have 4 ports, one is otg, the rest is standard usb. I get power supply to all four ports, but only the otg port can boot complete. Then I plug the ac power supply in and then I got keyboard and mouse connected to one of the other usb ports.

Maybe I should try my strong universal adapter over otg usb to see if this is enough alone, but I don't think so.

Comment

Okay, d33 is know switched into ignore mode.;-)))

Comment

Originally posted by JDfense View Post
            I have 4 ports, one is otg, the rest is standard usb. I get power supply to all four ports, but only the otg port can boot complete. Then I plug the ac power supply in and then I got keyboard and mouse connected to one of the other usb ports.

Maybe I should try my strong universal adapter over otg usb to see if this is enough alone, but I don't think so.

In my opinion You have device fail... I have tv stick with otg-usb, power-usb and simple usb and no difference - device boot on any of these usb is powered. I tell more - if on any usb I have plugged my external usb hub... on it is port to power supply and if its plugged then device boot without problems!

And if You don't You can try to clean ports maybe this helps

Other thing is to make surveys with wattometer.

Comment

I find 2A power supply is essential, anything less doesn't work. Even with 2A it is variable as to whether my external 2.5" HDD work. Best device is a 2.4A UK power block I bought on ****.

Donate to Finless

Comment

Thx. I think my universal adapter has 2300mA, but I will check again.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

someone also help how to connect the LAN b to transmart 908 ii

Comment

So now I have tried out the new boot from finless. The kernels from D33 now works. But I still have isues with screenflickering as previous posters have noted. For the reference I have tried the 720 kernels T and non T and with and without 1.8V. Though when I tried the HD T kernel it seamed to flicker more than with 720.

Comment

Try the 1080p kernels with the 1080 boot.img. I had this problem only in few cases with 720p kernels. Perhaps it will work for you, too.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

Kernel works great with XBMC (1080p) movies. But when I leave the device sitting at the desktop it crashes after a few minutes. I get a lot of artifacts/stripes and have to reboot. Anyone else with the same problems? Any idea how I can solve this? Did I pick the wrong kernel? I tried 1.8 HD and normal HD for my CX919 II.

Comment

Originally posted by roooii View Post
                          Kernel works great with XBMC (1080p) movies. But when I leave the device sitting at the desktop it crashes after a few minutes. I get a lot of artifacts/stripes and have to reboot. Anyone else with the same problems? Any idea how I can solve this? Did I pick the wrong kernel? I tried 1.8 HD and normal HD for my CX919 II.
                          my t428 overheats a lot under kitkat, maybe you got the same problem.
                          try locking max cpu sped at 1.6ghz or so

Comment

Originally posted by NixZero View Post
                            my t428 overheats a lot under kitkat, maybe you got the same problem.
                            try locking max cpu sped at 1.6ghz or so
                            Well that's strange because it happens right after I started the device (it's cold then). Problem is solved with the kernel T version. How can I see if I got a T version of the rk3188? Will the T-version run on 1.6ghz or is it locked till 1.4ghz?

Comment

Originally posted by roooii View Post
                              Also make sure you have good power especially if your hooking up a USB hub!
                              Issue like that mostly turn out to be weak power supply.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Kitkat Kernels for All (well most!)

.. Or t chip

Donate to Finless

Comment

Working...
                                X